Speculation: Pokemon and the Wii U

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokemon and the Wii U

Blog Entries

Default Speculation: Pokemon and the Wii U

Imagine pokemon with next gen graphics.

Default Re: Speculation: Pokemon and the Wii U

If the next Battle Sim is on the Wii U...oh man, the battles will look absolutely beautiful! D8 Hopefully the next one will be like PBR, with increased customization, heehee. I'm not really interested in another Colosseum or Stadium, I just want battles in full 3D/HD, nothing more.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I was discussing this elsewhere and we realized that some of it depends on what they'll do with the 3DS. If they're going to continue to do battle sims, then the novelty of 3D will no longer be present if the handhelds do it, too. If not, then nothing will change, but I fear it would just be PBR again. They sorely need to expand upon it. I, however, would be more inclined to see the console be the home of more spinoffs, expanding what you can do with pokemon.
    Step into the Fairy circle

追放されたバカ

Your braver than I posting a speculation thread. No doubt soon someone will be along to argue with everyone's speculation and tell them how wrong they are and how what they said was stupid and impossible and never will happen.

I'd love to see a new type of Collosseum style game. At the moment there are a lot of Pokes not available if you only have a Gen 5 game. A Colloseum style game could allow you to get all of them, as well as provide something where you still catch and train Pokemon, thats not 8 gym beat the e4 related.

I'd love it to also include Pokemon you can't legitimately catchyet such as Mew or Celebi. I think the main Pokemon in the story should be Deoxys. Would also make for a nice tie in with RSEmakes
    djulienr likes this.

A BW2 simulator game definately seems a possibility. I would like it to have a bit more depth than the likes of PBR if it is released.

Add Gallifrey on Facebook
    Visit Gallifrey's Youtube Channel

I'd like to see a new Colosseum/XD style game, but there'll probably be another Battle Revolution style game. It'll be a lot like the first Battle Revolution, but the graphics will be improved and the commands will be on the handheld screen so the battle will be unobstructed. /speculation
    djulienr likes this.

gallifrey on playtcg | haikun on ptcgo

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Wait, Wii U have next gen graphics?

But yeah, a battle sim seems like a probable guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    If the next Battle Sim is on the Wii U...oh man, the battles will look absolutely beautiful! D8 Hopefully the next one will be like PBR, with increased customization, heehee. I'm not really interested in another Colosseum or Stadium, I just want battles in full 3D/HD, nothing more.
    What?!?!?! God NO!!!! PBR is EASILY the WORST Pokémon game EVER. It should be like Pokémon Stadium 2 instead!
    투 애니원 and sonic10158 like this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Pokémon Snap 2 please, Game Freak!

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Pokémon Snap 2 please, Game Freak!
    I second that motion

Blog Entries

Probably a PBR like game. Maybe another Pikachu one. Hopefully a mystery Dungeon. If Pokemon starts releasing alot and good games for Wii U, I might buy it eventually, but I'm so far dissapointed with the 3DS game turnout, hopefully we'll see some Pokemon titles there in the future. but i wouldn't mind a game that could communicate w/ BW like PBR to DPPt

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    What?!?!?! God NO!!!! PBR is EASILY the WORST Pokémon game EVER. It should be like Pokémon Stadium 2 instead!
    How exactly is it the "worst"? Because it didn't have stupid mini-games? Or a completely dry "Gym Leader Castle"? Or a story-mode? I think Stadium 2 is the worst game. You couldn't even use all the Pokemon in mini-games, only certain ones.

And Gym Leader Castle is a perfectly boring thing after you go through it once. Especially after you learn the strategies of the Gym Leaders, and of Prime/Poke/Little Cup, whos team never changes. All the challenge is gone and the only thing standing in your way is normal COM haxes. PBR battles were at least random all the time except for Stargazer Colosseum battles. Meaning it didn't get stagnant and boring.

Seriously, the only real flaw of PBR is the admittedly limited customization, and the fact that it was released waaaaay too early. If it had waited until at least Platinum came out, I'm sure reception would have been much warmer. In the end, PBR is a battle-sim, which is the true core of Pokemon: battling. We don't need pointless fillers like mini-games, story, "Trainer School", and so on. Those are better fitted for the main-games, not for a battle-sim spin-off.

That's all I wanted out of Stadium and Colosseum, to just battle right away with my own Pokemon. That's why I think PBR is the much better game. Really now, the next PBR will certainly be a vast improvement over Wii's PBR, especially if it improves the trainer-customization system. THAT is the best feature of PBR, and I'd love to do much more with it. They'd look much better in HD, and so would the battles.
    Javier952 likes this.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    How exactly is it the "worst"? Because it didn't have stupid mini-games? Or a completely dry "Gym Leader Castle"? Or a story-mode? I think Stadium 2 is the worst game. You couldn't even use all the Pokemon in mini-games, only certain ones.

And Gym Leader Castle is a perfectly boring thing after you go through it once. Especially after you learn the strategies of the Gym Leaders, and of Prime/Poke/Little Cup, whos team never changes. All the challenge is gone and the only thing standing in your way is normal COM haxes. PBR battles were at least random all the time except for Stargazer Colosseum battles. Meaning it didn't get stagnant and boring.

Seriously, the only real flaw of PBR is the admittedly limited customization, and the fact that it was released waaaaay too early. If it had waited until at least Platinum came out, I'm sure reception would have been much warmer. In the end, PBR is a battle-sim, which is the true core of Pokemon: battling. We don't need pointless fillers like mini-games, story, "Trainer School", and so on. Those are better fitted for the main-games, not for a battle-sim spin-off.

That's all I wanted out of Stadium and Colosseum, to just battle right away with my own Pokemon. That's why I think PBR is the much better game. Really now, the next PBR will certainly be a vast improvement over Wii's PBR, especially if it improves the trainer-customization system. THAT is the best feature of PBR, and I'd love to do much more with it. They'd look much better in HD, and so would the battles.
    I highly disagree. There was a point where you could get bored of battling, and it would've been nice to have other options like mini-games or the Trainer School. And what are you talking about? The mini-games were awesome. Also, the Gym Leader Castle was very cool. It provided a great challenge, especially in Round 2, where it was nearly unbeatable. PBR only offers battling and battling and battling and that's it. Plus, in PBR, if you didn't own Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver you couldn't do absolutely anything, because the team they gave you was useless and it was impossible to beat the game with that team. In Stadium you had 249 Rental Pokémon to choose. The battles were much better in Stadium as well. In Battle Revolution they're slow, boring, the physical animations were awful, and it was awkward when Pokémon missed their moves because they would just stand there staring at their opponent instead of actually executing the move. The soundtrack. Oh God the soundtrack. Stadium 2 had remixes of the classical tunes found in the handheld games, while PBR had some new tracks that weren't that good. The sounds. In Stadium, Pokémon had more realistic remixes of their actual cries. In PBR they had their standard cries. Stadium is just so much better in soooo many different aspects, it's not even worth to compare them. All in all, Stadium 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A pile of crap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PBR. Period.

That's all Pokemon is once you finish the story. It's battling, battling, battling. And like I said just before, once you figure out the moves of the Gym Leaders and etc, you'll have a much easier time. I'd rather have different, random battles than the same opponents and Pokemon every time. And the animations look great for a 2006 Wii game. Physical contact moves actually looked like physical content instead of attack -> cut to Pokemon getting hit.

And the rental Pokemon of PBR are amazing once you utilize your brain and make a strategy out of them. And you can switch them out when you win Round 2 of Gateway Colosseum. The real crappy rental Pokemon are the rentals of Stadium 2. The rental Charizard uses ember. Freakin' EMBER. I rest my case.

And the mini-games were "awesome"? Awesome how? The only ones of any merit are the Chansey and Hitmontop games, and that's being very generous. The fact that you can only use certain Pokemon is very boring, and a little bit lazy. I know it was the N64, there wasn't a lot of room, blah blah blah, but it doesn't excuse how boring they get after a while.

In the end, the core of Pokemon is battling, so PBR makes the most of it with nothing but battles, and it is the best for that. If one wants mini-games again so bad, they can go play PokePark Wii.

Edit: As for Pokemon cries, I very much prefer the Hoenn/Shinnoh Pokemon cries, rather than making them "sound real". I hate admitting that I wish the Kanto/Johto Pokemon would use their Stadium cries. >>

Plus the music of PBR is great. They made their own tracks, instead of lazily remixing the game's songs. I suggest you go actually give the music a listen, there are a lot of gems in them.

One more thing I want to mention is the variety of battles in PBR. There's the standard singles/doubles battles, and Little/Rental battles. Then there's a Survival battle, a "Select" battle, and the Nintendo-Hard Stargazer Colosseum battles. There is also a pure Luck (and good-aim) Based Colosseum, where you might possibly have to face off against your own Pokemon if your aim and timing is off. Those all become really hard challenges, more than the stale battle style of Stadium 2.

PBR may have sacrificed "good" fillers, but it made up for it with a much richer battling experience, and that's all a battle-sim needs. I won't resort to crude analogies, but PBR is certainly still much better than Stadium 2.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 29th August 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Definatly not another Colosseum/XD, that's for sure.

Someone pitched an idea that a potential Pokemon Wii U game should be an MMO and have all the regions accesable.
    djulienr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast