Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 9

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

I think they can do just fine tying up the remaining loose ends in another gen. Cameo some Unova characters and maybe come up with a way to incorporate the Original Dragon into the plot of that gen.

Look how much Johto piggybacked off Kanto, so why not make the Gen 6 region somewhat related to Unova? (doesn't have to be attached, though)

Blog Entries

Hopefully, the original Dragon will be the tao trio's master in the next gen or RSE like Regigigas in Sinnoh or Arceus in Johto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Look how much Johto piggybacked off Kanto, so why not make the Gen 6 region somewhat related to Unova? (doesn't have to be attached, though)
    Because Unova already has two sets of games (with distinct stories) devoted to it alone. That is actually more than what Kanto got.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

BW3=wat.
    Ok sorry, but I think it would be for the best if they moved on to genVI for the next main series game.
    maybe a BW2/Gray for Gen 7 or something, for the true remakes of BW/BW2?

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

I'd be incredibly surprised to see a third version of Black & White; they just mustn't. Fans will only want to explore the same region so much before they start to get bored and feel cheated.

Granted, most hardcore fans would still buy the game given Pokemon's addictive gameplay qualities but it'd be very lazy and arrogant of the creators to think that they can justify rehashing this game again. Thankfully I really don't see it happening and I believe Gen VI will be fresh and unrelated to Unova. I hope.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

My Artwork; Please 'like' me on Facebook!
    ~Brave Bird Designs~

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    By the looks of things, I feel Gen VI isn't too far off, going by the rushed distribution of Meloetta so they could get to Genesect, and that the anime is already at the League.
    Rushed? They didn't even distribute Meloetta outside Asia yet.

...Eh, I'm going to have to say "no" to Black/White 3.
    ...I mean, sure, I welcome a sequel to the original--Black/White 2--but I think ANOTHER Black/White game would be overkill.
    ....sure, there are still things left unanswered (according to other people anyway, since I haven't beaten White 2 yet), but I think it's time to move on to the next Generation.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Black and White 3? No offense, but that's not a good idea. Everyone would be tired of the Unova region by then, even if it has a couple of new features, characters and plot changes thrown in, it would still seem too repetitive. Or do you mean in Black and White 3 it would have a completely redesigned Unova region, with a brand new plot, new gym leaders, new Elite4, etc? Then you might as well just make a new region altogether.
    Last edited by Vanillish Twilight; 4th November 2012 at 04:24 AM.

its highly unlikely that they would create a 3rd version, yes they haven't followed their previous rules for gen 5 but to drag another story and make it work/fit would probably be harder than to create a new region and tie in the 'original dragon' as a major post game part

I personally like B/W 2 a lot, I think B/W 3 would be way too much :/

Blog Entries

Maybe, just maybe, they'll make the next release a remake of R/S. WITH Team Plasma as the antagonists along with Team Aqua/Magma. Eh, eh? Smart one, Cleffa.

Mew

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rushed? They didn't even distribute Meloetta outside Asia yet.
    Completely and utterly irrelevant. Whether TPCi chooses to neglect Meloetta's English distribution or not has nothing to do with the fact that its hypothetical movie was tossed into the trash and Genesect was mysteriously revealed not long after, a situation which has never happened before.

Blog Entries

Meloetta's international distribution is obviously right around the corner, anyway.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

There's not going to be another B/W game. Why? 3DS. Nintendo is probably pressuring GF to move the Pokémon games to 3DS-exclusive, which means Gen VI, which will definitely have new Pokémon and possibly the region N visited. Unova will be mentioned, we may get cameos from past villains (especially Ghetsis), but overall the company knows that it's time to move on.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

I'm not sure B3/W3 will happen. We might get a Pokémon Gray, but maybe not. Most likely, the left over story threads will be picked up on in a another, slightly unrelated game (a la the Regis story), but I feel that B2/W2 may have been a deliberate move on Game Freak's part to set a precedent. Sorry to drag the R/S argument into the mix, but I feel B2/W2 sets an official sequel precedent that allows them to revisit Hoenn (in order to answer the requests of many fans), while not having to remake the games. Game Freak probably wants to move forward with their games, and not backwards. Given the leaps and bounds of time that have passed since the Generation 3 games' time period (3 year jump to DPPt/HGSS, then a several year jump to B/W, then another 2 year jump to B2/W2), it makes little sense to go explore the R/S/E/FR/LG time period again. Plus, RGBY and GSC were remade to bring those Generations’ Pokémon into the mix and make them more available, given the fact that a majority of those games creatures were unobtainable in Generations 3 and 4 prior to the release of the remakes. The remakes placed those games with in the re-booted timeline as well as provided connectivity for them, since the leap to the Advance Generation of consoles severed the link to those games. With those issues addressed, there is little reason to re-make the original Generation 3 games, or any other Generations’ games until a technological leap severs the connectivity to those older games. The 3DS still allows connectivity.

Generation 6 is coming soon. While the 3DS has had better success lately than it did when it first launched, nothing moves handhelds off the shelf like a main series Pokémon game. B2/W2 was a risk, a departure from the norm, as such it was safer to test it on an established system rather than a fledgling system. Furthermore, it made more business sense for B/W to get sequels immediately, rather than give us sequels to almost 10 year old games. Now that an official sequel has been a proven success, we might just get R2/S2 or MagmaRuby/AquaSapphire, or whatever those games are called. Will those games be the first that come out for Generation 6? Maybe not. Will we get them eventually? Probably. However, there is very little reason to linger on Generation 5 anymore. The technological advances of the 3DS is calling for a Pokémon Game made to take advantage it, and Nintendo probably is anxious to get a 3DS exclusive main series Pokémon game.

Unova is done for now, and given the release schedule for main series games recently, 1-2 year gaps between games, I would wager Generation 6 is coming soon.
    Last edited by MVKone; 4th November 2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Collecting Badges and filling that dex since '98

B2W2 Friend Code - 4041 3825 2156
    If you register my code, pm me yours.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast