Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 8

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Maybe it's possible we may get that Grey Version after all. Maybe the original dragon might show up there.
    Collecting Badges and filling that dex since '98

B2W2 Friend Code - 4041 3825 2156
    If you register my code, pm me yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariyama5 View Post
    Anyway getting back to the Black and White 3 speculation, I think Black and White 3 should take place 3 years before the original game. You start in Aspertia City and Professor Oak travels to Unova to see the new Professor, Professor Juniper. Juniper's father who is currently Professor want's to expand his knowledge on Pokemon so while Juniper is in Aspertia she hires you to collect information on the Pokedex (Like all games.).

After choosing a starter you begin your journey.
    Gyms:
    Gym 1: Aspertia Gym - Shauntal (Ghost)
    Gym 2: Floccesy Gym - Grimsley (Dark)
    Gym 3: Castelia Gym - Burgh (Bug)
    Gym 4: Nacrene Gym - Lenora (Normal)
    Gym 5: Driftveil Gym - Clay (Ground)
    Gym 6: Iccurus Gym - Brycen (Ice)
    Gym 7: Opelucid Gym - Iris (Dragon)
    Gym 8: Lentimas Gym - Catilin (Psychic)

Team Plasma is formed in this game and mostly emphasizes on N and Ghestis forming friendships and Ghestis's scheme to awaken the Legendary Pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom.
    Pokestar Studios near Virbank City is being created.
    Professor Burnet and Fennel also open a laboratory to discover more about the space between dreams and reality but the laboratory is destroyed by Team Plasma and Fennel's Munna is stolen.
    Thats all so far.
    Caitlin cannot have been a gym leader before joining the Elite Four - she was a Sinnoh Frontier Brain.

Also, Pokestar Studios is supposed to be long established (Brycen was making movies for them years ago, before he was a gym leader) - the only reason it wasn't in the original games was because Virbank City wasn't visited.

And Iris is young as it is (about 10 in BW and the anime, 12 in B2W2). If she was three years younger, she'd probably be younger than Tate and Liza!

Blog Entries

Why would Iris even be the gym leader in a prequel? She was supposed to succeed Drayden before becoming Champion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Why would Iris even be the gym leader in a prequel? She was supposed to succeed Drayden before becoming Champion.
    Which makes me wonder who's gonna be running the gym when Dray croaks now. Though perhaps she returned to it after being dethroned by Rosa/Nate.

There is no chance of anther Unova game. BW2 wrap up the story rather unsatisfyingly, but Gamefreak has no idea how to write anyway, so it's just as well. By the looks of things, I feel Gen VI isn't too far off, going by the rushed distribution of Meloetta so they could get to Genesect, and that the anime is already at the League.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

I wouldn't mind a B3W3, since I truly enjoyed B2W2 way more than BW. Granted, I can't see HOW a good story could be made from a 3rd Unova game, but I still would buy it.
    Karamazov and Bubble Frog like this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I dunno but Unova still seems incomplete. I'm still basing this on the Subway map, as there are chunks of Unova, most importantly West Unova which does not exist outside of Mistralton, a northeastern city, and some form of extention from Apsertia. If the map was for show thats fine, but there is a clear deliberation in its existence and the newly expanded areas. More so the story could easily fit in a 3rd hero, along side the other 2 being owners of the dragons. If not, then a Gray version could happen, but like B2W2 add in a whole chunk of Unova to visit. The post game in B2W2 was excellent despite my early worries, and if they could throw in more region, while leaving the rest for the post game it would be great. Hell, they're 4 gyms away from giving us a 16 gym region, and for some reason I think they can fit them in.

El_
    Blog Entries

I dunno how I would feel about having Unova yet again, it may be my favorite region but I don't want it to suffer the Kanto syndrome and become too worn out to the point that fans become tired of it. I honestly believe that BW2 is good enough as far as Unova is concerned, unless they do another American based region which I highly doubt they will. (Unova seems to represent the entire USA)

In regards to loose plot threads like the previous hero, the Original Dragon, Abyssal Ruins and anything else, I don't see why those things can't be featured in another new region thats possibly tied to Unova's myths in some form. While some expected a Johto like region in BW2, perhaps having the game sharing two regions like Kanto/Johto isn't the best choice to begin with.

If there ever is a BW3 (doubtful, but you never know) it should get another region all to itself. Any characters like Cheren, Bianca, and others that were important in BW/BW2's storyline could be referenced or visit said region. I'm not really expecting any of this though, but if they ever did a final installment I wouldn't mind it.
    Owain likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Nooo, we need a new gen on a 3ds please.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

Yeah, let them put Gen V to bed already. They've done enough damage with the "sequels." It's time to move on.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

A third game in Unova would be stretching things. I was impressed how different they managed to make these games despite reusing a lot of the same characters and places, but I don't think it could be done a third time. I really think our next main series outing will be a new generation on the 3DS.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I honestly was pretty content with how the storyline turned out in these games. While they could have done more in a few areas, I don't think that there's really enough to make a third game, especially when a B3/W3 would be kind of overkill at this point. They were able to make Unova feel less empty, add more to make the post-storyline so that there's more to do and it was fun to play through, but I don't think that a third game is really necessary. Besides that, it's better to move onto the next generation instead of going through Unova again.

What if B3W3/Gray was told not from the point of of view of a brand new protagonist, but rather continued the stories of the Hilbert/Hilda or Nate/Rosa?
    Collecting Badges and filling that dex since '98

B2W2 Friend Code - 4041 3825 2156
    If you register my code, pm me yours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MVKone View Post
    What if B3W3/Gray was told not from the point of of view of a brand new protagonist, but rather continued the stories of the Hilbert/Hilda or Nate/Rosa?
    That's what they should have done with B2W2 to begin with. Adding new protagonists was just a way to excuse another Unova badge quest.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that it was perfectly fine to have new protagonists in B2/W2 and if they did make another sequel, I think that they would do the same thing. While continuing the story with the previous playable characters would have been kind of cool, I don't think that they would have wanted to avoid going through another Unova badge quest and explaining what happened to their Pokemon might have been a bit tricky. Besides that, I don't think that they would want to eliminate the whole beginning trainer aspect and even with these games being sequels, didn't want to prevent new people unfamiliar with Pokemon to get in the game. If they did make another sequel, then they would go with another couple of new characters.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MVKone View Post
    Their absence in BW2 almost seems... deliberate, or at least it came off that way to me while I was playing BW2. Hilbert/Hilda and N were no longer in Unova as NPCs like Cheren pointed out, where they went on their journey is what I'd like to know, just where did the Dragons lead them to?

N also said that Truth and Ideals would one day come back together again, that line and a few other lines in the game seem to foreshadow a certain Dragon that we are all aware of. Of course, like I said before this is conjecture. I don't expect an actual third version, and Unova as a region has had its time, but it does make me curious...

It just feels as if these cliffhangers and unresolved issues were deliberately done. What if in Gen 6, we actually do get a Grey (or Bronze) Version, but its NOT a third version in Unova. Like a new Generation in a brand new region with new Pokemon and all that, but the Original Dragon is apart of the region and is the box mascot. If its story could be expanded beyond Unova, could it be feasible? (I'm probably reaching a bit though)

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast