Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 4

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Blog Entries

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

I have to admit, a Wii RPG game wrapping up all the loose plot threads of B/W would be pretty nice.

But it also sounds too good to be true. Gamefreak probably wouldn't be able to get that right, either.
    El_ likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I have to admit, a Wii RPG game wrapping up all the loose plot threads of B/W would be pretty nice.
    That seems like stretching it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    This whole topic is stretching it.
    hopeandjoy likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    This whole topic is stretching it.
    Touche.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

I have NOT played nor read plot spoilers for B2W2, but I doubt they'd go for a B3W3 game... Too many fans would get annoyed about it. And Gamefreak have never done this kinda thing before... I honestly think R/S/E remake is more likely at this point in time.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    And Gamefreak have never done this kinda thing before...
    Haha, isn't that the point?

Gamefreak have been doing lots of things lately that were never done before.

El_
    Blog Entries

But it also sounds too good to be true. Gamefreak probably wouldn't be able to get that right, either.
    Yeah, I would like that more than the idea of BW3. Having it focus on Triple/Rotation battles, with the final climax of the game being a battle with you controlling all of the Tao Trio, but there I go rambling again. :p

There won't be a BW3, nor a Grey. I'm just as disappointed as a lot are that things aren't really concluded in BW2, but they can't really do anything more with Unova that they already haven't done. At best, Generation 6 could tie up some things like introducing the Original Dragon and Genesect's ancient fossil state, have an N cameo and a few other references, but thats all I'm expecting.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

So regarding the "unresolved" Plasma plot, here's the Shadow Triad's quote post-game ( @bluesun's translation)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So basically, he's been handed the same fate as HgSs Giovanni. He was defeated once, but came out of it alright, and even planned to return. Being defeated a second time shattered his spirit. Must be even worse since Ghetsis got beat when he had control of an even stronger Legendary than the Twin dragons, by a trainer who didn't even own a single legendary (kind of makes me think I should use Keldeo, but that damn pony is still pissing me off with its useless form)[/spoiler]
    Not bad. At least unlike Giovanni, Ghetsis made a proper comeback. Though he deserves more than just a shattered spirit (like a good wallop from Hue). Well, as long as he's not up to no good anymore, Unova's safe. Plus, the Shadow Triad's loyalty to Ghetsis really intrigues me. Maybe this'll be explored in Gen 6 and the Triad came from the next region (or possibly hinted at). It'd be cool to have NINJAS as the next evil team's motif.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the Shadow Triad are loyal to Ghetsis for the same reason N wanted to give him a chance to turn away from his ambitions, and why he calls him father while Ghetsis is calling him a monster. People say N is stupid, but really, he's just incredibly kind, and I think like the Shadow Triad, is grateful that Ghetsis took them in when no one else would. Sure, he was using him, but no other person was willing to help a young child simply because he could talk to Pokemon.

Blog Entries

So Looker never gets to take Ghetsis in, and Ghetsis gets to be a Karma Houdini once again.

Blog Entries

So Looker never gets to take Ghetsis in, and Ghetsis gets to be a Karma Houdini once again.
    I don't see how not being arrested is different from any other bad guy. Besides, Zinzolin was captured and released in BW >_>

However, I wouldn't call him a Karma Houdini. We can tell from that dialogue that Ghetsis is essentially psychologically shattered. Being taken into prison really wouldn't add anything when you think about it. Shattered as a free man hidden from the world by the Shadow Triad, or shattered as a prisoner. His entire life work was basically undone by random children, and he was betrayed by two people who he trusted to run his team (N and Achroma).

Really, what happened to him seems equivalent to what happened to Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Azula wasn't taken to jail, she was taken to a psych ward because of her mental state. Sure, saying he "lost his spirit" doesn't seem that big, but look at the first line, they say he won't and he can't do anything anymore. That's the kind of state the PC left him in. And when we look at his villainous breakdown with N, it's likely his sanity snapped.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Oh well, silly me for overestimating him, then. I guess he turned out to be a paper tiger.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If anyone is a Karma Houdini, it's kind of Achroma.

He pretty much helps kill people (more or less, in a non-E game there would've been deaths from freezing an entire town) in the name of science and just because, and then goes "ooops, lol, I guess I made a mistake" without any real remorse. I consider that kind of cool, objective villainy to be worse than Ghetsis who at least is evil due to ambition.

Atleast that's the impression I get from translations.

Blog Entries

Oh well, silly me for overestimating him, then. I guess he turned out to be a paper tiger.
    He did work this plan for approximately 20 years, and even had a back up when it didn't work out the first time, only to be foiled again. Your entire life's work is thrown down the drain. I think you're underestimating the kind of effect that would have on a person.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast