Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Blog Entries

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

I kind of wish we could've gotten some back story on Ghetsis. I mean come on, the guy went around Unova rounding up orphans (don't forget Anthea and Concordia) as part of a plot to take over the region. We never even got to hear what his motivation was for taking over Unova, aside from his "Pokemon Are Tools" excuse. At what point did he begin to discard his humanity and become a monster?

More missed opportunities for the sequels, I guess.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

It's not as if we got a back story for a lot of the bad guys though...the closest we got was with Cyrus and implied (emotional) abuse by his parents from his grandfather.

Another sequel would be silly, I think. What else is there to tell, story-wise? Give us a Gen 3 remake, or Gen 6.
    The_Doctor and Water Max like this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

To be honest, I doubt that we will see a Pokémon Black/White Version 3 pair. I think we're done with Unova; it has already been expanded on once and excluding remakes, it is the second most-visited region (after Kanto) and I think they'll be mass rioting if we have to choose between Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott again (okay, not mass rioting...but people won't be happy xD).

Personally, I think this pair is the end of Generation V. To have a new primary pair and then B3W3 would be rather disjointed. At this stage, I think the legend of the original dragon will remain just that - a legend. I think the next main series games we will see will be the Generation VI primary pair with its own new region, new Pokémon and new story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the backstory were expanded some more,
    but the next games will be Gen VI, so they probably won't share the same title as the Gen V games.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love a B/W3, but it's doubtful at this point. There are still a lot of plot points to cover...

Oh, and we still don't know N's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    I'd love a B/W3, but it's doubtful at this point. There are still a lot of plot points to cover...

Natural Harmonia Gropius, I thought.
    Water Max and Joshawott like this.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I don't think there'll be a B3W3. I'm rather hoping that Generation VI will bring with it a massive resolution to every main series storyline to date, providing the series with a "grand finale". With so many old characters coming back for the World Tournament, that's certainly what it feels like they're building up to.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

I don't think we'll see a BW3, as such, but I would be unsurprised if certain plot points or characters were referenced in Gen VI in some manner.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I'm full and well expecting it. Dunno bout you guys but the way the story is handled is enough to tell me they're not done yet. What would be the basis for Gray 3D? (yes I'm expecting it to be gray, and the 3D to indicate a 3DS title and the last bit of the BW saga)
    -Genesect has no new event. Having it do whatever it does in BW is lulz worthy. Only event legendary since RSE, bar Darkai I believe, that would have nothing new at all.
    -The Original Dragon is heavily implied to, and like I suspected, Unova is suddenly aware of its existence. Give it another year and its gonna be the talk of the town.
    -That weird haired pair. They would be the protags for Gray 3D, and to introduce us to em, they give em a small event in B2W2. It might not be apparent from their text, if any, but I'll bet good money that's why they introduced em.
    -They'll finally give us a new area. Also the lack of a frontier even with the World Tournament is unbelievable, no matter how you put it. Its like going an entire gen without contests or such.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    I'm full and well expecting it. Dunno bout you guys but the way the story is handled is enough to tell me they're not done yet. What would be the basis for Gray 3D? (yes I'm expecting it to be gray, and the 3D to indicate a 3DS title and the last bit of the BW saga)
    -Genesect has no new event. Having it do whatever it does in BW is lulz worthy. Only event legendary since RSE, bar Darkai I believe, that would have nothing new at all.
    -The Original Dragon is heavily implied to, and like I suspected, Unova is suddenly aware of its existence. Give it another year and its gonna be the talk of the town.
    -That weird haired pair. They would be the protags for Gray 3D, and to introduce us to em, they give em a small event in B2W2. It might not be apparent from their text, if any, but I'll bet good money that's why they introduced em.
    -They'll finally give us a new area. Also the lack of a frontier even with the World Tournament is unbelievable, no matter how you put it. Its like going an entire gen without contests or such.
    Which weird haired pair? Is there a screenshot anywhere? Just curious, as I don't think I've seen them unless I didn't really think much of them at the time.

The worrying thing for me, is that you are arguing good points. Whatever it is, if it happens, I just don't want it to be in Unova at all. Visiting it twice for now is enough. Just have it be a new region which has very close connection with Unova, or something.

I personally hope this doesn't happen though, even if it was for the Original Dragon, I just don't really want to see a third installment.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeousTaylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post

Natural Harmonia Gropius, I thought.
    Oh, we actually know it now? I'm really out of touch. Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Which weird haired pair? Is there a screenshot anywhere? Just curious, as I don't think I've seen them unless I didn't really think much of them at the time.

The worrying thing for me, is that you are arguing good points. Whatever it is, if it happens, I just don't want it to be in Unova at all. Visiting it twice for now is enough. Just have it be a new region which has very close connection with Unova, or something.

I personally hope this doesn't happen though, even if it was for the Original Dragon, I just don't really want to see a third installment.
    The Spriters Resource
    They have an event where you get a mysterious x-transceiver on the ferris wheel in Nimbasa. Their designs are pretty out there, but something tells me they gonna have a role in either a spinoff or the main games sooner or later. Unless GF got really creatively broke, and have unused characters even.

Jun

We could have a BW3. But I don't think we would get Unova as the region. We would start in a new region, but with some BW's characters. Genesect would get an ancien form, Kyurem his "complete" form. Black & Black 2 have Reshiram & Zekrom, and we would have to find them, Akuroma & N helping the protagonist. Gethis's real son will be here.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Given that BW2 ended more like a traditional Pokemon game (with a fight with the champion) and not with someone else like in BW1, and the fact that Team Plasma disbands at the end of the game, it's highly unlikely that there will be a BW3, the next games will either be Gen 6 or Hoenn remakes, and I'm not raising my hopes for the latter one, although I'm with Bugsy:

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Bugsy View Post
    I wouldn't mind GF creating a lone 3rd version like game that wraps up the whole Unova plot. But other than that, no.

So it's either fourth game wrapping up the storyline or onto the next generation.
    There are still a few plot-holes in the game that are never explained, so a standalone third game would be understandable to do, but it seems very unlike Game Freak to do that without making a "Pokemon Gray" version that's simply a rehash of BW2 that's treated like a traditional third version, after all, Black and White 2 are a first for the series, though the pre-release of Gold and Silver treated the games like they were sequels to Red and Blue, even titling the games "Pokemon 2: Gold and Silver" at one point, but in the end, it was more of a new generation than a sequel, Black and White 2, on the other hand, are the first TRUE sequels in the franchise.

I actually think they should do this every generation, make sequels instead of cheap rehash third versions that add new features.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    We could have a BW3. But I don't think we would get Unova as the region. We would start in a new region, but with some BW's characters. Genesect would get an ancien form, Kyurem his "complete" form. Black & Black 2 have Reshiram & Zekrom, and we would have to find them, Akuroma & N helping the protagonist. Gethis's real son will be here.
    This is pretty much where I am going with my post, though if Kyurem is to have a "complete" form, it should be a standalone game rather than two separate games, the existence of Kyurem's two forms and special moves was justified for BW2 to be created rather than a Pokemon Gray version, plus we don't know too much about the Genesect event or even if it's in the game.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 25th June 2012 at 07:34 AM.
    The_Doctor, matt0044 and Italy-kun like this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast