Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 12

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Black 3 and White 3, should it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Johto's mythology could be "vague", but it's complete. There's no pending mystery to reveal. On the other hand, Unova's mythology even left two unseen Pokémon: the original dragon and the original Genesect.
    I strongly beg to differ. Johto's mythology has its own share of unseen Pokémon, and mind you, Genesect has nothing to do with Unova's mythology.
    For example?
    The three Pokemon that Ho-oh revived and turned into the beast trio, and the Pokemon in the GS Ball (no, it wasn't Celebi).
    Despite GS Ball was distributed in Japan, I think the whole event was just dropped, just like Azure Flute. Anyway I think it was just another Celebi, or maybe the Celebi you battle is the same Celebi but from a different time.

Where is said Ho-oh transformed them into the beast trio? Ho-oh just revived them, so they were just the same, not "undiscovered" Pokémon.

Also, mentions to Original Dragon and prehistoric Genesect are much more explicit.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Anyway I think it was just another Celebi, or maybe the Celebi you battle is the same Celebi but from a different time.
    If it was just another Celebi, why did Ilex Forest become restless when the GS Ball started to shake? And why did the GS Ball vanish when Celebi showed up?

Where is said Ho-oh transformed them into the beast trio? Ho-oh just revived them, so they were just the same, not "undiscovered" Pokémon.
    "When the BRASS TOWER burned down, three nameless POKéMON were said to have perished. It was tragic. However... A rainbow-colored POKéMON... In other words... HO-OH descended from the sky and gave new life to the three POKéMON."
    "The legendary POKéMON are said to embody three powers... The lightning that struck the TOWER. The fire that burned the TOWER. And the rain that put out the fire..."

These references from Crystal make it clear that the origin of the beasts is unknown. Ho-Oh gave them their elemental types to symbolize the way they had died.

Also, mentions to Original Dragon and prehistoric Genesect are much more explicit.
    Which only serves to make Johto's mythology more mysterious than Unova's is.

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Though it's not explicitly said, it seems kind of obvious the Beasts were once Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon. Same body structure, same types, same battle styles (Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special attackers, Entei and Flareon are physical attackers), Eeveelutions being used by Ecruteak's kimono girls, etc. I doubt it's all just a coincidence.

Blog Entries

Ho-Oh gave new life to three unnamed creatures; surely the Wise Trio would have referred to the Eeveelutions by name. Not only that, but the beasts were not originally associated with their respective elements. Are we supposed to believe that Jolteon created the lightning that led to its own death? How would Flareon have died of burns? Why wouldn't Vaporeon have put out the fire?

The Eeveelution theory just doesn't hold any water.
    moa likes this.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course these weren't Eeveelutions. Everyone know these Pokémon were Rattatas. Top percentage Rattatas (just kidding).

Eeveelutions don't fit, but unevolved Eevees do. Don't mind, let's forget about theories for a while.

Translations may vary, maybe in Japanese all makes a different sense. Besides, this part...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    "The legendary POKéMON are said to embody three powers... The lightning that struck the TOWER. The fire that burned the TOWER. And the rain that put out the fire..."
    ...I checked ingame and didn't find it anywhere. Maybe it was only mentioned once while the event happened. In google the only source of that exact text is Bulbapedia itself (and quotes taken from Bulbapedia).

However... the mystery of the beast trio was vaguely mentioned and forgotten in time, let alone GS Ball that was just dropped. Juggler Irwin is guilty (?). Instead, both BW1 and 2 insisted repeatedly on Original Dragon and the split into Reshiram, Zekrom, and "the empty shell" Kyurem. So it's strongly implied OD will be featured in a future game.

But I think that won't be until Generation 6 anyway, and there won't be BW3.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Honestly we are likely never getting a Black and White 3. The generation is basically over. I have a feeling we will have Ruby Sapphire remakes heading us into Gen 6 on the 3DS

Blog Entries

...I checked ingame and didn't find it anywhere. Maybe it was only mentioned once while the event happened. In google the only source of that exact text is Bulbapedia itself (and quotes taken from Bulbapedia).
    The source of the quote is the text dump. It appears in-game when the player talks to the Wise Trio after having summoned Ho-Oh.

Instead, both BW1 and 2 insisted repeatedly on Original Dragon and the split into Reshiram, Zekrom, and "the empty shell" Kyurem. So it's strongly implied OD will be featured in a future game.
    Insisted repeatedly? It is mentioned once by Drayden and Iris in Black and White, and once by Drayden in B2W2. That's it.

The original dragon is not guaranteed to be featured in Generation VI any more than it was guaranteed to be treated as a Kyurem Forme in Generation V. Deal with it.

I think Generation V is just about finished. I thoroughly enjoyed BW and B2W2, but I think the Unova Region has had its share of the story. I do agree with others that there are loose ends to tie up (like the Original Dragon, a Team Plasma revival, etc.), but I think that having the remainder of that story playing out in Unova isn't very likely. Either we next move to R/S/E remakes or Generation VI.

Overall, I do feel as though V was rushed a bit. Unless they find a way to extend it (the anime is just about finished with the Unova Conference), the games won't stay in Unova. Of course, the anime and games may depart from each other, as was the case with HGSS, but I doubt it. Another possibility is that we spend a lot of the anime within a Team Plasma story arc which follows what happens in B2W2. Again, it's hard to say.

Unova has a sort-of Kanto-like feel where GF wants it to be the new "flagship" region of the series. We had a brand region totally disconnected from all previous regions, a new Pokedex with no previously-introduced Pokémon included, a new Route Numbering system, and various other "firsts" or "revisions" for the series. In addition to that, Pokémon is slowly becoming more and more story-driven with each passing Generation, with B2W2's conception being almost completely story-driven (which I love). It's entirely possible that Generations V-VIII will be connected in the manner that Generations I-IV were. I would love to see Generation VI build upon V's story much like II did for I.

Going back to R/S/E remakes for a second, in order to have them compatible (story-wise) with the current Generation, the time periods would have to be the same. I believe it's been established that Generation V takes place an unknown amount of years after Gens II and IV, but the fact that it takes place after Gen. IV means that it's not concurrent with Gen. III. Would we actually get remakes or a brand new story in Hoenn (which, in my opinion, has seen the least development of the five existing regions and is desperately in need of some)?

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

As soon as I saw the title of this thread one image came into my mind: Pokemon Black and White 3 Revolution! You know, that third sequel that everyone groans about when its mentioned but still buy and play anyway? And they get sick of the same old region again? Kind of like how most of us probably feel about Kanto as we wandered through it in HGSS. "Hmm, been here before." I think there characters that were introduced in this Gen V have been top quality. N, Ghetsis, Cheren, Hugh, the player characters... they've all been an improvement on what's gone before IMO. And no matter what anyone says, I love the Unova Pokemon.

I would love to see the Original Dragon, the combination of Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem... but considering that the Original PC character - Touko/Hilda or Touya/Hilbert - are supposedly "in another region"... any carry on of this storyline will likely take place in a whole other region. The Johto of Kanto if you want. Completely new professor, new gym leaders, and hopefully a new Elite Four and Champion... or at least a brand new remix of the current Unova Elite Four if the two regions share a Pokemon League. A completely new villainous team too, one with an even more outwardly original goal than Team Plasma. I wouldn't mind if the original storyline was referenced or influenced the storyline slightly... but I don't want to have the whole thing take place in Unova all over again.

If ever there was a need for a third installment game, a Pokemon Grey, it is in the conclusion of this story. A Pokemon Grey Revolution game, if you will.

But I ultimately doubt it. With the new Mystery Dungeon game coming out on 3DS it seems logical the next Pokemon main series games will too. So I think Gen V will be ending soon. I'd rather have a RSE remake/sequel in any case. Wild speculation over.

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

No! No no no no no. Please no.

Although there were some loose ends that BW2 failed to tie up, BW3 would be ridiculous. I for one do not want to trek around Unova for the third time in a row, even if we can go to another place, or have new cities/towns added. That would be so dull.

What I do hope however is that the RSE remakes come next (not for software reasons, but they WILL pull in money from that). In the original games, each game focused on one of the trio. It would be awkward to try and get Rayquaza into the RS storylines and vice versa. What I would like to see is a sequel to RSE, in the same way that BW2 was a sequel- a new story. However, I'd like them to tie up the loose ends from BW there. Maybe Corless is now heading an evil team there (having something do with the trio?)? N is there trying to stop him? Looker is back and looking for Ghestis?

The Hoenn sequel could be a continuation of the Unova story... who knows! Just no more Unova. Thanks.
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

no god no lets get unova done with already im sick of their pokemon now onto the gen 6

omg a R/S/E Remake would be dope :D

remember how in Gold/Silver you can battle the protagonist from Red/Blue on top of Mt. Silver?

does anyone know if we could do that too in Pkmn Black/White 2? lol

This is something I've thought about as well. Who says the "faraway region" N and the PC travelled to couldn't be Hoenn? If RSE were rebooted, they wouldn't have to take place in the same time as the originals, and the original dragon could be a post story sub-plot like regigigas in DPPt. With as many legendarys as they crammed into BW2, I could see them dumping Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom in the next game (post-story) just for kicks
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

Finally got my shiny Axew

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    This is something I've thought about as well. Who says the "faraway region" N and the PC travelled to couldn't be Hoenn? If RSE were rebooted, they wouldn't have to take place in the same time as the originals, and the original dragon could be a post story sub-plot like regigigas in DPPt. With as many legendarys as they crammed into BW2, I could see them dumping Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom in the next game (post-story) just for kicks
    While the Tao Trio will inevitably be available in a future game, I highly doubt it will be for the kicks. See the case with all previous mascots: the neutral, uncanny Navel Rock, the transceiver Embedded Tower -- and need I mention the Mystri Stage? So far, they've done a good job in accommodating previous mascot Pokémon! Hope this continues likewise with the Tao Trio -- it would even be a good opportunity to answer some questions (much like the Embedded Tower revealed where the Titan Trio rests).
    Last edited by Ash_Pokemaster; 9th December 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast