Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3 - Page 10

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

Default Re: Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

There was this cave, I forgot the name, but it says that it is said to connect to sinnoh. That hint is just too large to not have something coll happening, so I think they are going to try a G/S like thing with Sinnoh -> Unova! Probably in G6, I can't wait!
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Floris View Post
    There was this cave, I forgot the name, but it says that it is said to connect to sinnoh. That hint is just too large to not have something coll happening, so I think they are going to try a G/S like thing with Sinnoh -> Unova! Probably in G6, I can't wait!
    That's the Cave of Being. Said place's design and backstory is a similar case to the Sinjoh Ruins, actually, in that they're said to be connected to the Sinnoh Region somehow - the Cave of Being is based on the caves where you find the Lake trio in DPPt, while the Sinjoh Ruins is far into the north of Johto (so far that it's off the map of the Johto Region).
    I'm not sure what Game Freak was attempting to do here, besides connect the Regions with the Legendaries you can catch in that particular Region...
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    That's the Cave of Being. Said place's design and backstory is a similar case to the Sinjoh Ruins, actually, in that they're said to be connected to the Sinnoh Region somehow - the Cave of Being is based on the caves where you find the Lake trio in DPPt, while the Sinjoh Ruins is far into the north of Johto (so far that it's off the map of the Johto Region).
    I'm not sure what Game Freak was attempting to do here, besides connect the Regions with the Legendaries you can catch in that particular Region...
    I'd compare the Cave of Being to the Embedded Tower in that they are both locations where legendaries are summoned from other regions. The Sinjoh Ruins, on the other hand, represent a blending of two cultures from two different regions, in yet another region. Only the Sinjoh Ruins have a notable event to speak of.

I don't think that Game Freak put much thought into the Cave of Being. It has no backstory, which is not to say that there is one waiting to be told. I wouldn't bet on seeing the Lake trio in Generation VI, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Floris
    so I think they are going to try a G/S like thing with Sinnoh -> Unova! Probably in G6, I can't wait!
    What does that even mean?

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I believe they are saying that Sinnoh is to Unova, what Johto is to Kanto. I don't see that much of a connection though... especially since Unova is based on NYC America while Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido Japan, no real relation at all.

If they did do a Johto like region with a connection to Unova in Gen 6, then it would be something like England or Europe considering the historical connection to the early US states.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    If they did do a Johto like region with a connection to Unova in Gen 6, then it would be something like England or Europe considering the historical connection to the early US states.
    England or Europe, you say?

Masuda admitted a European location could have been chosen for Unova instead of New York, and since the release of BW1 he seems to have taken quite a few trips to London...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I believe they are saying that Sinnoh is to Unova, what Johto is to Kanto. I don't see that much of a connection though... especially since Unova is based on NYC America while Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido Japan, no real relation at all.

What are you serious?! For all my years of playing Pokemon I've never once made that connection.

Mew

even disregarding the real-life basis of the regions, sinnoh is an island, so a tunnel from it to another region wouldn't be practical unless it was some sort of underwater tunnel (which in turn would only work if unova and sinnoh were close together).

not canada or latin america, which are actually geographically connected to the states? though personally i'd bet on a region based on another part of the u.s., if anything.

i wouldn't actually expect another bw, mostly because it would break the release formula the series has been sticking to since the third gen. ignoring spinoffs, the cycle is new main game → third game/sequel → remake of the game 2 generations ago. a lot of npcs in bw2 talked about hoenn which is probably an indication that we're getting g3 remakes next. and it may be true that bw2 sold like hotcakes, but the novelty factor of a "true sequel" probably fed into that, and i'd be willing to bet that a new remake would be more profitable than a theoretical bw3.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No more Unova games!!!!! Just get out with our Gen IIImakes so I can shut up and play them!

Blog Entries

NO! Just let this generation die peacefully already.

Game Freak should do one of two things next:

Release Ruby/Sapphire remakes

OR

Gen 6 games.

I don't care either way. Actually, I would prefer Gen 6 first. Love waiting for new Pokemon to leak from Corocoro and learning about them. I miss those days!

p.s: I just thought of something. If those two games are in the pipeline then Gen 6 would most definitely come out first. The next Pokemon games will likely (of course they will) be released on the 3DS so they probably would want to show off the new graphics, features, etc with the launch of a new generation, and not on remakes. Remakes always came after the main games such as FR/LG being released after Gen 3 games and HG/SS being released after Gen 4 games.

Maybe we'll get a new Pokemon silhouette in December?
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, guys, I don't mean to bring up something pointless, but I'm not going to go through and wonder about it forever (also, I'm too busy to look through this thread for my answers);
    Where would the Nature Preserve of B2W2 be located, if it's said to have been a place that isn't in Unova (according to the Strategy Guide; I haven't reached there myself and I plan to get the Round Charm at the same time)?
    I'm assuming that there was some discussion about this in relation to possible expansions of Unova...
    Then again, I'm with some of these people saying that we don't need more Unova games until the time comes to remake them.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    England or Europe, you say?

Masuda admitted a European location could have been chosen for Unova instead of New York, and since the release of BW1 he seems to have taken quite a few trips to London...
    This is interesting, I honestly did not know that. Maybe its because Masuda original wanted to do a Euro themed region that we got Team Plasma?

Team Plasma (original) - Knight Templar Medieval motif
    Team Plasma BW2 - Pirate motif (a mesh of the old school and modern kind)

Makes me think that he actually changed the region but kept the villainous team LOL I now wonder what the villains in a Euro based region would be like...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaisravana View Post
    even disregarding the real-life basis of the regions, sinnoh is an island, so a tunnel from it to another region wouldn't be practical unless it was some sort of underwater tunnel (which in turn would only work if unova and sinnoh were close together).
    Considering the Pokemon and region involved, I would not be surprised if an inter dimensional space located deep in the caves but only known by the Spirit trio is how they can be in Unova despite the distance. Basically like a wormhole connecting point a (Sinnoh) to point b (Unova).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaisravana View Post
    not canada or latin america, which are actually geographically connected to the states? though personally i'd bet on a region based on another part of the u.s., if anything.

i wouldn't actually expect another bw, mostly because it would break the release formula the series has been sticking to since the third gen. ignoring spinoffs, the cycle is new main game → third game/sequel → remake of the game 2 generations ago. a lot of npcs in bw2 talked about hoenn which is probably an indication that we're getting g3 remakes next. and it may be true that bw2 sold like hotcakes, but the novelty factor of a "true sequel" probably fed into that, and i'd be willing to bet that a new remake would be more profitable than a theoretical bw3.
    Well, no. Actually, I should have clarified on something earlier. When I say introduce a new region, in a new Gen and tie up Unova's myth with that region, I am not expecting Unova to share the games with it at all. In other words, no traveling back to Unova in this theoretical region like players did with Johto and Kanto. It would get all the spotlight to itself, so on that end, theres no need to have it physically close to Unova.

Like many people in this thread, I believe that Unova as a traveling region is done, but it still has obvious loose ends that can be handled in another way. As for basing another region on the US, I don't think thats feasible. Unova seems to represent the entire United States:

Pokewood: Hollywood, California
    Virbank: Jersey
    Castellia: NYC Nimbasa: Manhattan (I believe)

I just don't think that anything else is exciting enough to focus on anyways... (no offense to other state residents of course!) They pretty much got the iconic areas. Back on the theoretical game, it also would not be called BW3. In this theory its a brand new region (Gen 6), with all the brand new things that regions bring to the table, but with an ancient connection to Unova. (more buildings like Dragon Spiral Tower and the Abyssal Ruins)

Of course, I realize knowing gamefreak, this has about a 2% chance of ever happening. Its still fun to think about anyways. :p

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

I agree with El_. Like it or not, Masuda admitted in one of the Black and White interviews that the main reason for Unova being based on New York was his love of Broadway musicals. What else in the U.S. could attract Game Freak's attention? Only Hollywood comes to mind, and they've already used it with no regard for where it should be located.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi
    Where would the Nature Preserve of B2W2 be located, if it's said to have been a place that isn't in Unova (according to the Strategy Guide; I haven't reached there myself and I plan to get the Round Charm at the same time)?
    Some people think that it's based on the Niagara Falls, which is a reasonable theory. But there are many other possibilities, since it is supposed to be far from Unova.

What we can infer from in-game dialogue is that Iris' hometown, the Dragon Village, is part of the same country as Unova. But I highly doubt that Game Freak plan on exploring Iris' region anytime soon, since the anime writers moved the Dragon Village to Unova. Surely if the Dragon Village were in the cards for Generation VI, the anime writers would know about it and quite possibly keep Iris around for the next series, but the fact that they've already covered the Dragon Village strongly implies otherwise.

This is interesting, I honestly did not know that. Maybe its because Masuda original wanted to do a Euro themed region that we got Team Plasma?

Team Plasma (original) - Knight Templar Medieval motif
    Team Plasma BW2 - Pirate motif (a mesh of the old school and modern kind)

Makes me think that he actually changed the region but kept the villainous team LOL I now wonder what the villains in a Euro based region would be like...
    I doubt making Unova a European themed region was the original plan.

Nintendo Interview: Pokemon: 'When I made Black/White I wasn't considering existing Pok

He said it *may* have been chosen if he went for an authentic classical theme for the music, which sounds like it wasn't seriously considered at the time.

Follow miobrio On Twitter
    Visit miobrio's Youtube Channel

Remake of the Gen III would be nice

Don't forget that Gen IV and Gen V are on the same, now obsolete, system. Gen VI has to come before remakes, as the 3DS badly needs a main series game, and they're not going to do remakes first. The main series games in a generation cannot be split across two formats.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast