Speculation: Maybe N is really a Zoroark?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Speculation: Maybe N is really a Zoroark?

Default Speculation: Maybe N is really a Zoroark?

I personally think N is a Zoroark.

Because his backstory is that Ghestis found him in the forest raised by Pokemon, along with the fact he can understand the language and feelings of Pokemon... and postgame of Black/White2 you follow a Zoroark who leads you to N's castle where N is waiting for you, yet the Zoroark is nowhere to be found, nor does N have him on him. (N only had one Pokemon with him either Reshiram or Zekrom) So it all pieces together, maybe N in Zoroark form led you to his castle, where he turned into his human form before you entered the doorway.

I mean who better than to know the feelings of Pokemon than an actual Pokemon. And the game canonly proves that Zoroark can speak the human language while in human form. (Lostlorn Forest, B/W2)

And there are at least three Zoroark NPC's running around Unova. 2 of which are from Lostlorn Forest from 1 and 2 respectively, (though both could be the same one) so would it make sense that the Forest N was found in, was in fact Lostlorn forest. There must be a whole tribe of Zoroark/Zorua secretly living there.

I just wanted to know how solid this theory sounds to other Pokemon fans.

El_
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Speculation: Maybe N is really a Zoroark?

I'd much rather N be the descendent of the Abyssal Ruins King, rather than a Pokemon. Its actually implied that he is, along with all the other text that match N's description when you get it translated by Zinzolin. Of course, if you want I guess you could say the King might have been a Zoroark himself, but thats kinda silly IMO.

I hope that GameFreak one day expands on the powers that N and the King possessed, though Pokemon Conquest and how you understand Pokemon and befriend them without Pokeballs is strangely similar... I dunno if the franchise would ever abandon Pokeballs, but if they did then I'd actually expect something like that.
    Hidden Mew, Zistal, Rodx and 4 others like this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

That's cool too :D
    Though to be honest, Conquest could take place either in the past before Pokeballs or in the Future after they abandon Pokeballs. It's confusing because it's modeled after ancient Japan, YET they have things like power plants and modern dressed salesgirls.

^Someone mentions Pokeballs as being used in a land far away, so it's not set in the distant past. It's possible that it was referring to Apricorns though, in which case, it could be set in the recent past and the far away land is Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^Someone mentions Pokeballs as being used in a land far away, so it's not set in the distant past. It's possible that it was referring to Apricorns though, in which case, it could be set in the recent past and the far away land is Johto.
    Well the thing is if they were using Apricorns then they would have said Apricorns not Pokeballs.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always saw N having an autism spectrum disorder. He has too many traits of one, based on both the game appearances and Masuda's information: social awkwardness, empathy with other species more than humans, tendency to be a loner, unusual speech patterns (his really fast dialogue text), mood swings, emotional immaturity, obsession with narrow subjects (in his case, math and some chemistry), and overall nerdiness. His ability to talk to Pokemon can be explained as a fantasy savant skill.

The first thing he says when you rechallenge him in the postgame is that he's surprised to see you and that something like seeking out challenges is "the formula for understanding Trainers." So he's clearly still trying to figure out how to connect with other people, but he wants to get back to the BW PC and thank them because they had such a huge impact on his development and learning.

N uses a Zoroark in the final battle in BW (and I guess the Zoroark in the cave and the Memory Link scene was the one he used), and none of the Zoroark that turn into people battle you as Trainers with their own teams. (the one in the BW shiny beast event starts off as a human in a camp trailer, then turns into a Legendary Beast when she battles you... Strictly as a Pokemon) I really doubt that N is a Zoroark, and if he was I think that would really cheapen his character.

Blog Entries

^That and Zoroark can copy appearances yet they can't copy speeches as it's been shown. Or they can but they're very nervous around people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    ^That and Zoroark can copy appearances yet they can't copy speeches as it's been shown. Or they can but they're very nervous around people.
    The Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest talks to you while disguised as a hiker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    The Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest talks to you while disguised as a hiker.
    Then I guess the others were just shy.

one of characters of pokemon conquest have a mewtwo , because this , is impossible to take place in the past of the same canon .
    Last edited by Rodx; 20th November 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moogleknight24 View Post
    Well the thing is if they were using Apricorns then they would have said Apricorns not Pokeballs.
    They don't refer to Lure balls and other Apricorn-made Pokeballs as Apricorns. They refer to them as Pokeballs.

Even though Conquest is in a separate canon, I'd like to think that people in the Pokemon world had the same abilities before the invention of the Pokeball, and Pokeballs just allowed everyone else to communicate with Pokemon as well (note: only "warriors" had the ability to bond with Pokemon), and eventually the ability was lost (or remained dormant in most people) when Pokeballs became prominent. Even amongst warriors, Pokeballs would give the benefit of not being locked into specific types of Pokemon.

N develops his abilities because he's one of the few people that: (a) naturally has these abilities, and likely a more powerful variant than usual, and (b) lived amongst the Pokemon further developing his powers. Everyone in conquest seems to be able to communicate with their Pokemon and understand what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogleknight24 View Post
    They don't refer to Lure balls and other Apricorn-made Pokeballs as Apricorns. They refer to them as Pokeballs.

Even though Conquest is in a separate canon, I'd like to think that people in the Pokemon world had the same abilities before the invention of the Pokeball, and Pokeballs just allowed everyone else to communicate with Pokemon as well (note: only "warriors" had the ability to bond with Pokemon), and eventually the ability was lost (or remained dormant in most people) when Pokeballs became prominent. Even amongst warriors, Pokeballs would give the benefit of not being locked into specific types of Pokemon.

N develops his abilities because he's one of the few people that: (a) naturally has these abilities, and likely a more powerful variant than usual, and (b) lived amongst the Pokemon further developing his powers. Everyone in conquest seems to be able to communicate with their Pokemon and understand what they say.
    It's really a separate canon? I just assumed it was another spin-off like Colosseum or Ranger which both existed in the same universe as the norm. I mean to be honest I just assumed maybe the Ransai region is just really really Japanese that it preferred to stay old fashioned compared to the other regions. But you're right, because I find it hard to believe that almost every legendary including Mewtwo just happen to show up in Ransai. Arceus I can believe being there, since it seems to be it's home turf.

Blog Entries

Here's a thought:

If Zoroark's disguised as N, then where's the original N?
    Who did you fight in the first game? He had his own Zoroark.
    How could Pokémon control other Pokémon, up to and including Legends? (Mewtwo and his clones don't count)

Houndoom Glomper BlackxButterfly's Avatar

Follow BlackxButterfly on Tumblr

Hmm... I think that N might be a Zoroark because he can "talk" to other pokemon more so than people... he is one tricky (yet handsome) guy soo.. it's possible. :)
    Berrenta and User_Name like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Here's a thought:

If Zoroark's disguised as N, then where's the original N?
    Who did you fight in the first game? He had his own Zoroark.
    How could Pokémon control other Pokémon, up to and including Legends? (Mewtwo and his clones don't count)
    There is no original N he was always a Zoroark if my theory is to be believed. And as long as you have a Pokeball and hands you can catch Pokemon no matter what your species is. As long as you know how to do it, and want to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast