Special message from Masuda coming - Page 6

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Special message from Masuda coming

Default Re: Special message from Masuda coming

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Charm View Post
    Then again if Aualotte/Orotto is #000, then that would explain the lack of numbers.
    Lack of numbers?
    I just meant that they haven't announced any pokedex numbers yet, not even for the starters.

But like I said, I must have had a brain fart since I completely forgot they don't number them until closer to the release date. I must have been remembering the western release or one of the leaks from last gen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Inferno View Post
    I think it's a bit too early for a demo considering we're still about three months from release.
    It really isn't that early. What about the demos at the E3 of games that will be released after Pokémon X &Y? That said, I don't think we are getting a eShop demo, but it would certainly be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I think it's a bit too early for a demo considering we're still about three months from release.
    It really isn't that early. What about the demos at the E3 of games that will be released after Pokémon X &Y? That said, I don't think we are getting a eShop demo, but it would certainly be awesome.
    The Wii U Best Buy demos? You could argue all four of those games are near completion (one is an HD upgrade of a GameCube game, one is a platformer that has been in development for a very long time, and the other two come across as juiced up versions of their 3DS counterparts).

That being said I was thinking along the lines of an eShop demo when I said it's too early. I could see them throw out a very brief mall tour akin to B/W that has a demo available to the public, but nothing like the final product of the game that the eShop demos are derived from.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Blog Entries

The Wii U Best Buy demos? You could argue all four of those games are near completion (one is an HD upgrade of a GameCube game, one is a platformer that has been in development for a very long time, and the other two come across as juiced up versions of their 3DS counterparts).

That being said I was thinking along the lines of an eShop demo when I said it's too early. I could see them throw out a very brief mall tour akin to B/W that has a demo available to the public, but nothing like the final product of the game that the eShop demos are derived from.
    Hmm, but you could argue that Pokémon X & Y are near completion as well or you think they are halfway on the development of games that are going to be released in October? The games are pretty much complete already, so they pretty much could release an eShop demo showcasing the first 20 minutes of the game including the first battle against the rival(s) or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post

Hmm, but you could argue that Pokémon X & Y are near completion as well or you think they are halfway on the development of games that are going to be released in October? The games are pretty much complete already, so they pretty much could release an eShop demo showcasing the first 20 minutes of the game including the first battle against the rival(s) or something similar.
    I agree that X&Y are probably near completion at this point. Releasing the demo this far in advance though doesn't really accomplish a demo's purpose though. I feel it's supposed to wet the appetite of the consumer enough to push them over the edge to buy the game on Day 1. There's too much time for the consumer to lose that feeling. The Wii U has its own set of problems (i.e. no games) that pushed Nintendo to have playable demos for games released well into the future. They had to show something was in the pipeline since they've struggled getting games on that platform.

There's nothing to really spoil about those games either. One is an Hd upgrade of a decade+ old game, one's a racer, and the other two are platformers. Once the mechanics are set they can be rolled out to the public. X&Y are bringing a few new things to the table that I'm sure they want to have ironed out and fully tested before showcasing them to the public in playable form. Since they are doing the expo thing next month maybe we'll get a demo shortly after that.

I'm just going to wait and see, after all we didn't expect gen 6 did we?

What will be will be :)

Blog Entries
    Follow LegolasTheElf On Twitter

So the message is expected to come on 4th of july right.. It's tomorrow!

Legolas Greenleaf!

Blog Entries

Actually it's the 4th in japan right now. Just past midnight. Not that I expect Masuda to post anything in the middle of the night.

Well he specifically mentioned France, so it's probably going by their time, not Japan's.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Blog Entries

Things are not resolved unless they worked out the backwards compatibility problem. I don't know if they will tell us about this or not. Such things are usually only revealed to us in a small blurb that's easy to miss. I think France is fairly close to GMT, so they have midnight at 6PM central time. Was this given a specific time when it was going to be announced?

EDIT: Oh, Paris is GMT +1 That would be 5PM central then
    Step into the Fairy circle

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I don't think a time has been given, but it's going to be shown during the Japan Expo in Paris, so whatever time that event is on I guess.

I'm wondering, with this being shown first in Paris, whether it's going to be something about Kalos being based on France. They did say during the E3 Q&A that they weren't wanting to talk about France being the inspiration yet (even though they did confirm it) so maybe that's what this video will be about.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

True, I recall Gen IV's backwards compatibility (Pal Park) being revealed via a small page in CoroCoro Special, not even the main magazine but the littler one they release sometimes later in the month.

So what's going on with this announcement?
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROql0OUuCc45P-UCQH-70OMlGMdi8cRNb5eAEGXqu2qi388VDZFw

Japan Expo - Schedule

Based on this the expo won't begin until 11am French time. I looked through the schedule of events and the only Pokemon related item I could find was related to the Kyurem movie.

^Yeah, it does seem to be anime based....

But Masuda did say that it'd be available at the Nintendo booth of the Japan Expo, didn't he?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast