Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

The XY soundtrack will eventually be available for download on iTunes and it will be comprised of 220 tracks.
    Reila likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

So apparently this is the Gym Leader Battle Theme: Pokemon X & Y Gym Leader Battle Music (Full) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Comment on youtube
    They made us hear it at the 2013 Pokémon World Championship opening ceremony. They also showed Mega Kangaskhan.
    There is another comment saying that it might be the Gym Trainers Battle Theme, though.

I honestly don't know if I like or dislike it.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Masuda said that this soundtrack was the "gym trainer" theme. He would have said "gym leader" instead if that were the case.

The "gym leader" term has been engraved into the franchise for so long that I wouldn't think Masuda would intentionally mistake the two. In that case, I am glad gym trainers will finally have a theme of their own. It's so cool.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's the Gym Trainer theme. It sounds pretty cool, but a bit slow for a battle theme.

El_
    Blog Entries

I really like it honestly, whether its the leader's or not. For now I'll assume though that its the Gym trainer's theme due to it lacking the usual "energy" in the leader's music. Its very laid back, which is probably why I liked it.

Again, its also very much like something you'd hear out of the Colosseum series.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

J
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I really like it honestly, whether its the leader's or not. For now I'll assume though that its the Gym trainer's theme due to it lacking the usual "energy" in the leader's music. Its very laid back, which is probably why I liked it.

Again, its also very much like something you'd hear out of the Colosseum series.
    I agree, when I first heard that guitar I instinctively thought of Colosseum and XD. Even though its not very fast-paced, I like it for this reason.

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

I think gym trainer could be interchangeable with Gym Leader, but I honestly doubt this is what the actual theme sounds like.

I'm not saying I hate it or utuber6061 (I love the effort he puts in) but the Trainer Battle and Wild Pokemon recreations he made sounds a lot different from the actual ones in the game, and the theme sounded a lot more upbeat when Masuda was showing it off. I do really like the techno theme in this though.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the music used in the Mega Pokemon trailer is going to be used in the game. And if so... where would it be used?
    Oh?

this is the artwork, supposedly. http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/image_59683_thumb_wide610.jpg
    Source: siliconera

It looks absolutely epic. Instant buy for me.
    Reila likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
    I wonder if the music used in the Mega Pokemon trailer is going to be used in the game. And if so... where would it be used?
    Yeah, It's sure. Almost all the musics used in the trailers of a pokémon game are in-game musics. I think this one could be a legendary battle theme because of how it starts.

Blog Entries

I think the music used in the trailer was stolen from a Power Rangers show is exclusive to the trailer. It doesn't sound like a Pokémon battle theme to me.

All the musics used in the trailers are in-game musics or orchestrated versions of some. For me, it really sounds like a pokémon battle theme (It reminds me of the Black/WhiteKyurem battle theme).

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    I doubt they'll orchestrate it. I should point out the 20th anniversary of Pokemon is in three years. If there were a year to orchestrate a pokemon's sound track that'll be the year.

As for Pokemon cries, we know they'll never use voice acting similar to the show which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing because I find most the american voices craptastic, bad thing because the japanese voices are pretty fantastic. I do think they'll enhance the audio quality all around though, cries and bgm. The 3DS has some fantastic speakers on it comparred to the DS so the quality of sound will be pretty awesome this go around. But time will tell.
    I actually hope they always keep the animal sounding cries. My biggest turn-off with the show/movies has always been the absurdity of pokemon saying their names and how awful most of them sound doing so. While I appreciate that some are smart enough to outright talk, the concept of them as intelligent creatures that still make animal sounds just sits well with me way more then "EKANS!" everytime you trip on one in the grass xD

That and I swear I wanted to murderize both Latias and Latios after watching their debut movie. Good lord the noises they made >_< Though on the other hand, that movie also made me completely love Totodile!

@ Eradia - Ditto your thoughts. The artwork they've been showing off so far is incredible. That pic of Mega Mewtwo fighting Mega Lucario was just O.O levels of awesome.

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTouya View Post
    All the musics used in the trailers are in-game musics or orchestrated versions of some. For me, it really sounds like a pokémon battle theme (It reminds me of the Black/WhiteKyurem battle theme).
    The beginning does sound similar to Black Kyurem's theme, but the rest doesn't really sound like a Pokémon theme. That doesn't mean it isn't a battle theme from XY, though. After all, Black Kyurem's theme itself sounds very different from the usual Pokémon battle themes, as does Giratina's theme from Platinum.

If you listen to the trainer battle theme you'll notice that it's the same kind, going more rock and using electric guitar.
    Reila likes this.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast