Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

People said during the Conference, I guess during the battle between Clauncher and Skrelp, the music was "xylophone and panpipe".

Get it? XY-lophone?
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

The music in the trailer we got yesterday (which I'm just guessing is from the hometown) sounded nice to me~ Very pleasant and fitting for a first town (if it is). It was nice to finally hear some music other than the standard XY trailer music, and I enjoyed it~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    The music in the trailer we got yesterday (which I'm just guessing is from the hometown) sounded nice to me~ Very pleasant and fitting for a first town (if it is). It was nice to finally hear some music other than the standard XY trailer music, and I enjoyed it~
    Yeah, I was gonna say this too.
    If the rest of the whole region has a similar style, I'll be okay with the music.
    Also, a bit of the battle music could be heard in the E3 video, at around 1:30 - 1:40. (From the Nintendo channel you can find the video, not sure if I should link it here, so I'll stay on the safe side.....) It also sounded good.

So I guess I'm happy with all the soundtracks so far.

But I had a question, I thin I should ask here...
    I'm pretty sure game soundtracks are only released in Japan, but seeing as it's a world wide release this time, and they're allowing you to choose what to play in online battles, is it possible they will release them internationally?
    Or will they remove selling the soundtrack altogether, and instead you can go to a place in the game to listen to all of them? (Someone suggested this idea earlier....)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

Trainer theme might sound something similar to this? Pokemon X & Y Trainer Battle Music (Full) - YouTube

I'm all for it, its better than Unova's and some of the others if this ends up being close to the real thing. I dunno if its just me, but it kinda gives me "Colosseum" like vibe with how it sounds.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Trainer theme might sound something similar to this? Pokemon X & Y Trainer Battle Music (Full) - YouTube

I'm all for it, its better than Unova's and some of the others if this ends up being close to the real thing. I dunno if its just me, but it kinda gives me "Colosseum" like vibe with how it sounds.
    I quite like this. A bit heavy on the guitar in places, but I can live with that.

And yeah, I got the whole Colosseum/XD from it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Sounds like a boss theme from a Mega Man X game, therefore I like it, though I agree with Versus that it is a bit heavy on the guitar department. All in all, it doesn't sound awful as DPPt trainer theme, but it isn't still as good as BW/B2W2 and HGSS Kanto trainer themes.

I really want to know about the Gym Leader Battle Theme, because the Unova one was ridiculously bad, it made re-battling Gym Leaders in B2W2 a chore to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    All in all, it doesn't sound awful as DPPt trainer theme, but it isn't still as good as BW/B2W2

the Sinnoh trainer theme was better than the Unova trainer theme IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VGCrasher View Post
    the Sinnoh trainer theme was better than the Unova trainer theme IMO.
    That is okay, I guess it is entirely subjective. Hell, I know people that think that FRLG trainer theme is the best (IMO it sounds awful). What I can say for sure is that I could battle countless trainers in B2W2 (after playing BW for countless hours) without getting annoyed by the trainer theme. In my first Diamond playthrough I wanted to turn the sound off because I couldn't stand the battle theme after 20 or so hours. Still, DPPt had great battle themes like the Gym Leader, Dialga and Giratina battle themes.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

動画|『ポケットモンスター X』『ポケットモンスター Y』公式サイト

The third trailer on the Japanese site shows some sort of battle theme (probably the wild Pokemon theme) at about 0:42, and then another one at around 2:25.

I'm liking the style used here, reminds me of the style of music they use for the anime.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th July 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm liking the style used here, reminds me of the style of music they use for the anime.
    Yeah, it feels very Miyazaki-esque. Loving the new tunes.
    For hope burns bright!

You can hear more of the updated old cries in the trailer as well.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The wild battle theme sounds very Kanto-esque with some different percussion later on. A very full-sounding piece. I don't think this soundtrack will disappoint!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    The wild battle theme sounds very Kanto-esque with some different percussion later on. A very full-sounding piece. I don't think this soundtrack will disappoint!
    I thought it was my imagination, now I'm glad to know I'm not insane. Indeed sounds like the Kanto theme off-key. But I like it, after all, the Kanto theme is so classic.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    I thought it was my imagination, now I'm glad to know I'm not insane. Indeed sounds like the Kanto theme off-key. But I like it, after all, the Kanto theme is so classic.
    A lot of the music lately seems to resemble older tunes in some parts, I've gotten used to it. Still good music, though.

I'm personally hoping for anything but new Pokemon.

Last edited by ZPC2THLgate; 13th July 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast