Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation - Page 4

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

I hope they use the orchastrated style of music that they used in Pokemon ranger. The music From the Ringtown stage is one of my favorite musical compostions in the entire nintendo company. Music like that helps give you a better immersion as if you were in the same shoes as the character, also the music is very relaxing and very accurate for giving the feeling the game is trying to portray as when you are in a panic or in a calm. as for SFX i am hoping to have a save jingle just like the ones used in the pokemon ranger series. the jingle is to me better than the traditional save ring because i do enjoy more than a single Ring and the save takes the entire jingle so you dont need to worry about weathor or not the game froze or just taking a long time.
    Okami likes this.

So, if I could steer this conversation towards the "sound effects" part of this thread temporarily, have other people noticed that sound that plays after an attack is completed in the Sylveon gameplay? It's a weird and very electronic kind of sound that's most noticeable when Slyveon uses (what I'm assuming is) Swift on the Krookodile. If the attacks used are what I'm assuming they are, Double Edge, Trump Card and Swift respectively, I'm kind of thinking it could be the new sound, given the type match-ups, for a "normally-effective" attack, i.e. an attack that does that isn't resisted or super effective.

Personally, I'm not that into it, but, of course, it's absolutely possible that I'm wrong. Anybody else hearing this?
    33Whimsicott33 likes this.

Some Skyrim style music could be interesting.

Imagine some like this as an opening. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Main Theme - Real Full Version -HQ - YouTube

I know it's unlikely but it could be cool.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I honestly would like if they'd include a very melodic, "PSX era JRPG ending song" vocal song that plays in the credits, with various renditions of it playing throughout the game with the lyrical version finally playing at the end. I guess the problem would be, of course, getting a version done for each language...but it wouldn't be that time consuming, would it? I dunno, I just think that'd be a cool little thing to see now that there's space for it.

If the later, I would appreciate critical health variations for all battle songs, that's for sure.
    That kind of bugs me.

There's a lot of fights in BW and BW2 with unique music that was kind of ruined because right at the beginning my lead Pokemon, Krookodile for instance against Ghetsis in BW2, would be knocked down to critical health, yet I didn't want to switch out for one reason or another, and thus the DENNIS DANCE REMIX was ruined for me because I didn't want to break Krook's Moxie streak.

I guess if they did a cool, unique version for unique battle themes, I'd be okay.

I hope we get some more 'cutscene music'. An example of this would be the Emotion soundtrack from B/W which plays during... emotional moments. The main series has had hardly any of this stuff and I think it would help get the message across.
    As for sound effects, I think it's about time we got those revamped cries... C'mon we know we want them, just imagine what Pokemon like Entei and Lugia will sound like.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IMHO Gen V set the bar very high regarding music, so I hope I won't get disappointed.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    If the later, I would appreciate critical health variations for all battle songs, that's for sure.
    That kind of bugs me.

There's a lot of fights in BW and BW2 with unique music that was kind of ruined because right at the beginning my lead Pokemon, Krookodile for instance against Ghetsis in BW2, would be knocked down to critical health, yet I didn't want to switch out for one reason or another, and thus the DENNIS DANCE REMIX was ruined for me because I didn't want to break Krook's Moxie streak.

I guess if they did a cool, unique version for unique battle themes, I'd be okay.
    That's exactly why I'd want that. You can't hear a song put specifically there to fit the battle because one that doesn't necesarialy fit has priority. Battle with N? Nope, let's listen to the critical health theme! Bleh.

This way at least it'd be something unique for each theme, so in a way you still are hearing music put there specifically for the battle.

Although truly dynamic music could do more, like changing pitch/tempo/instruments on any specific situation. (Just like how the route songs had some instruments added when you started walking)

[/overexposition]

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

I think that would be very interesting. It brings to mind the pikmin series. Each map has a distinct theme, and when you see an enemy, the music doesn't change, it adds other parts to sound more intense. I think something like that could be really cool.

Update the cries from Gen I and Gen II Pokémon. That's all I'm going to ask for.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttager View Post
    So, if I could steer this conversation towards the "sound effects" part of this thread temporarily, have other people noticed that sound that plays after an attack is completed in the Sylveon gameplay? It's a weird and very electronic kind of sound that's most noticeable when Slyveon uses (what I'm assuming is) Swift on the Krookodile. If the attacks used are what I'm assuming they are, Double Edge, Trump Card and Swift respectively, I'm kind of thinking it could be the new sound, given the type match-ups, for a "normally-effective" attack, i.e. an attack that does that isn't resisted or super effective.

Personally, I'm not that into it, but, of course, it's absolutely possible that I'm wrong. Anybody else hearing this?
    Listen very closely and you can hear this happen a few times in the original Nintendo Direct trailer as well. To me, it sounds kind of like gens 2-5's "Not Very Effective".
    Oh?

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As many have mentioned, update the cries of some Pokémon. I used to be opposed to that, but Geodude has one of the worst cries.

Jynx can be a kissing sound!

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

I wouldn't mind new cries, as long as they aren't the anime voices, and they should at least keep the essence of the original cries.

I really can't wait for the music, though. That's always my favorite part! Like, I hope they do like Hoenn and Unova and make the elite four theme completely unrelated to the gym leader theme! And I kinda hope that every legendary on the face of the earth doesn't get its own theme... BW was good with that, the themes were the same between the mascots, only differing in effects, and that theme for the swordsman was one of my favorites!

Default Music Themes and Such of Kalos

Throughout the Pokemon series, we've had some great music and some less so. What I'm wondering is what kinds of music you'd like to see in the new games.

Would you like other options for music while you play, such as the radio from GSCHGSS?

Would you like to see different music for the different seasons? Different times of day?
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Music Themes and Such of Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Urilikya View Post
    Throughout the Pokemon series, we've had some great music and some less so. What I'm wondering is what kinds of music you'd like to see in the new games.
    I was waiting for someone to make a thread about this!
    I hope, as I've heard others say, that the music this time will be more orchestrated and less "techno". (I hope I got the terms right....)

I'm actually really looking forward to what remixes they will have for the Wild Pokemon theme and Pokemon Center theme. We can already here the Title them in the trailers, but I'm starting to wonder that they might be different in the actual games. I loved the epic feeling of the BW title theme, and this one doesn't seem epic enough.

Another thing I was wondering is WHAT IF, they actually do not make remixes for classic themes (as stated above) and make them completely different? To be honest, I hope they NEVER do this. Or if they did, it would have to be a very slow transition from the classics, spanning some gens.

Finally, many people also want the "Low HP" theme to be different for different battles, and I agree. It suck when you're listening to awesome music, and suddenly, you get the Low HP music.... I;d prefer the "beeping" sounds from previous gens over that. But I hope they have a ratio of about 2:1 for normal battle music to low HP battle music, since I don't expect them to make a different low HP theme for all other battle themes, but at least SOME.

Okay, I think that's all I can say about the music for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Default Re: Music Themes and Such of Kalos

I want more epic gym music, like Opelucid City gym in BW2. It's by far one of my favourite gym themes, and walking into the gym knowing you're coming up against Drayden just gave so many chills with that playing.

Maybe different music for seasons when you're outside? But I'm not sure if that's really worth it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast