Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

El_
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Here we are! Nintendo Interview: Pokemon: 'When I made Black/White I wasn't considering existing Pok

Why New York in particular?

[Laughs] I perhaps have a longing for New York as a city! Also because I organise these concerts that use classical versions of videogame music, it's quite modern and not really authentic classical.

If it was authentic classical I may have chosen Europe, but because it's closer to pop music, New York seemed to fit better.
    That was what I was referring to, back when B/W was being talked about, he mentions classical theme music if a Euro region were the basis.
    Shiny Porygon likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I'm a big fan of Pokémon music. A good song can change moods and can make an environment. In my opinion, using a full, real orchestra wouldn't be very profitable, in the sense that there's a lot of music in a Pokémon game, and having an orchestra to play most of the songs would be hard, it would cost, and in the end, it might not be as good as we may think it is. I'd be better if they stick with MIDIs. I just hope they reduce the number of trumpets this time, because I feel they sometimes break atmosphere in places like caves or during points that are important for the plot. I'm not saying I don't like them. I can't imagine some of the songs without having trumpets :P

Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    Let's just hope they will change those awful cries from the older (Gen I-III) pokémon. I wonder how screech isn't a default move for every one of them.
    If they do it I bet there would be a lot of people b*tching about that, saying that they should have kept them. Personally I'd prefer them to keep the old cries. I feel that they are like some sort of reminder of Pokémon being Game Boy games in the past.
    Horizon likes this.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    Let's just hope they will change those awful cries from the older (Gen I-III) pokémon. I wonder how screech isn't a default move for every one of them.
    If they do it I bet there would be a lot of people b*tching about that, saying that they should have kept them. Personally I'd prefer them to keep the old cries. I feel that they are like some sort of reminder of Pokémon being Game Boy games in the past.
    Indeed...it keeps that sort-of nostalgia factor going.
    And they can't use the ones used in games like Stadium and Battle Revolution, because those are owned by other companies...apparently.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Blog Entries

I'm hoping we get a bit of a shakeup in regards to the soundtrack.

One problem I've always seemed to run into is that 75% into the game I've gotten tired of the Wild Encounter and Trainer Battle themes. BW had remixes for the shaking grass and and subway trains but they are just too similar to the originals. What I think we should have is multiple, different themes with the theme randomly chosen for each encounter. It would be too much to give every trainer class their own theme, but two different trainer battle themes isn't that much more work than usual. Other games like Digimon Dawn and Dusk do this.

As for the style of the soundtrack, I'd like it to be similar to DPPt or BW. I don't want orchestrated because the Anime remixes always tend to be orchestrated, and this way its possible to get the best of both in a generation rather than just one style.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't care much if it's 8-bit, as long as the music is awesome. And GF has a lot of work to do something as awesome as Gen V soundtrack.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

As long as they don't change the Pokemon Center melody, I'll be happy with what they come up with. In my opinion - and I'm sure the vast majority of gamers will agree - the soundtrack has gotten better with each installment. I don't think there's much for us to be worried about in that department.

With regards to Pokemon cries... I thought Gen Vs were great. While I agree that the nostalgia-inducing cries of Pokemon from much older games are nice to hear as a little reminder of the series humble beginnings, I don't like having really old cries and modern cries in the same game. It's a tiny bit of Poke-nostaligia that I'd be happy to sacrifice.

But please Game Freak, for the love of all that is good and holy, never ever introduce voice-acting for in-game Pokemon cries. That would be absolutely horrific.

(Just as a side note - my favourite theme from any Pokemon game so far is the song from Vermilion City in HG/SS)

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Classical music for the routes, towns, and maybe even Surfing/ biking/ skating would be BOSS. Lots of those themes are always light and/or a little peppy, and there are existing classical songs that would fit the mood perfectly. It would be awesome to romp down a route level grinding while listening to a violin sonata!

One more thing I hope they do: remix the low HP music to fit the battle theme! In Gen V, I thought it fit the regular trainer and wild battle themes, but against bigger bosses (Ghetsis, Cynthia, PWT, etc.) it clashed too much.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Ambient sounds need to make a return. I dunno what it was about the ambient sounds in HGSS, but they worked. Why they took em out in gen 5 I have no idea, but they need to make a return. Loved route 47 for this, walking and every 10 seconds you heard the waterfalls pass by, or the power plant, and the generator rumbling away.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Speculation: New Pokémon cries to replace the old ones?

Since Gen 6 is going to feature full 3D environments and models for characters and models for the first time in the main series, could it be a possibility that the "electronic noise" that has been a stable since the very beginning may be replaced by actual voices instead, like in Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2? What's your thoughts?

EDIT: whoops, didn't see this this thread since my post got moved! My bad!
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 14th January 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi
    I personally don't see what's the big deal about having orchestrated soundtracks.
    It's because having Super Nintendo quality music coming out of a system that's almost as powerful as a GameCube is obnoxious.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

I'm pretty sure the music will fit the European styled region.

Now what would be cool is if there was a nightclub building (maybe a gym?) that played electronic dance music for its BGM.

Blog Entries

Well, I just hope they don't orchestrate the tracks.
    Most of the orchestrated soundtracks I've listened are boring as hell, with a few exceptions like Shadow of the Colossus.

Unless by orchestrated we mean something like RSE soundtrack.
    Well that was an epic soundtrack and I wouldn't mind having something like that again.

The Generation I~III cries need to be upgraded, but I don't think voices like the ones in the anime are needed.

Blog Entries

Voiced cries sound...scary. I can see how it may be a bit weird to see full 3D models still spouting out the electronic cries for a while, but considering that we hear cries a lot, having chibi-ish human voices in your ear the whole time isn't a good experience, IMO. And it would completely clash with the battle music, especially the more energetic, boss-battle-type tracks.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi
    I personally don't see what's the big deal about having orchestrated soundtracks.
    It's because having Super Nintendo quality music coming out of a system that's almost as powerful as a GameCube is obnoxious.
    Soundtracks doesn't need to be orchestrated to be considered "high quality" or anything.

You can compose high quality music on a computer as much as you can compose high quality music with real instruments.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The difference between the two is night and day.

We're in 2013 and dealing with the Nintendo 3DS. Game Freak has no reason to make the games sound as retro as the DS games did.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast