Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Default Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

So Generation VI is officially on its way! How exciting!!!

Whenever a new game is released, the soundtrack is one of the things I always get the most excited about. So what do you all think it might be like? Will it remain much the same as previous generations, or will we finally see a fully orchestrated soundtrack?

How about the cries of the Pokemon? Do you think we will see more electronic sounding cries, or are they going to move over to voice actors playing these parts? Will the cries of previous generations be redone if this is the case? And what about the in-battle sound effects?

Any thoughts?

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

Well, I feel like they'll stick with the retro cries for all the Pokémon that have been with us in the past, and simply expand that with the new console's capabilities.

For the soundtrack, I don't suspect a fully orchestrated soundtrack, but I certainly see it being, if not made with entirely all real instruments, that it'll sound realistic.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Agent Titanium CrimsonoftheOrder's Avatar

Ah yes, the soundtrack. One of the things I love best about the series.

Well, let's go back.

Kanto=8-bit

Johto=16-bit

Hoenn=Orchestra attempt (was, IMO, the most epic soundtrack because every track was BIG sounding)

Sinnoh=Piano with some French influence (Very pretty and beautiful)

Unova=Electronic with some Rock and Techno influence (Very modern and high energy)

So ??? will match the theme of the game along with the area that influenced the game's region. They already had some "French" sounds in D/P/Pt so I am very curious how they will incorporate those sounds in a new light. I am thinking Full Orchestra but I may be way off.
    Owain, jokool, Kwame120 and 3 others like this.

Blog Entries

I personally don't see what's the big deal about having orchestrated soundtracks. I remember when Skyward Sword was revealed to be entirely orchestrated and everyone was flabbergasted by it while I didn't care that much. Not saying I disliked its soundtrack (cause I definitely don't, though I don't necessarily love it either), I'm just wondering why everyone is so obsessed with everything being orchestrated.

With that being said, I hope it won't be fully orchestrated. I hope it will be like the other games, with music that fits the "style" and environments.
    Reila likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

If there's one track half as good as Verdanturf I'll be happy.
    Owain likes this.

I doubt they'll orchestrate it. I should point out the 20th anniversary of Pokemon is in three years. If there were a year to orchestrate a pokemon's sound track that'll be the year.

As for Pokemon cries, we know they'll never use voice acting similar to the show which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing because I find most the american voices craptastic, bad thing because the japanese voices are pretty fantastic. I do think they'll enhance the audio quality all around though, cries and bgm. The 3DS has some fantastic speakers on it comparred to the DS so the quality of sound will be pretty awesome this go around. But time will tell.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BW2's title screen theme was orchestrated. I can see Pokemon taking a page from Super Mario Galaxy and have a few more tracks recorded live, but not all of them.

And here's to more vocals!

Looking back at the first trailers for D/P, B/W, and B/W 2, the music used during their run was definitely ingame music, with D/P and B/W's both showing off their versions of the Pokemon main theme.

So what we got in the trailer is probably a good indicator.

2664-2340-0333 SV{153} Pyroclastic Friend's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend On Twitter
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend on Tumblr

Maybe parts like the ones in V Gen with the N's mugshot could have voice acting.

Blog Entries

I think with the plan to get the games out across the world at the same time, getting voices for all the Pokémon and anything else in multiple languages would be a bit difficult in such a short time. Most likely, they'll be sticking with the regular cries for the Pokémon.

As for the music, I'd love to hear a fully orchestrated soundtrack, but whatever they do will be great! I've always loved the soundtracks in the Pokémon games, even the 8 bit and 16 bit ones!

Blog Entries

DPPt had some classy-sounding music. I feel like they could incorporate that kind of vibe into these games as well.
    I would also be VERY okay with a 100% eurobeat soundtrack, because eurobeat is awesome.
    Okami likes this.
    [avatar: pixiv]

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can kind of hear some battle sound effects in the battle scenes of the trailer.

Specifically the "take damage" sound effect that varies with different effectiveness.
    Oh?

El_
    Blog Entries

I read an article that before Unova was considered for a region, they were considering or had the idea doing Europe as a region with classical music I think. I'll try to find it, but if true I think thats what to expect in terms of music this Gen.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    I personally don't see what's the big deal about having orchestrated soundtracks. I remember when Skyward Sword was revealed to be entirely orchestrated and everyone was flabbergasted by it while I didn't care that much. Not saying I disliked its soundtrack (cause I definitely don't, though I don't necessarily love it either), I'm just wondering why everyone is so obsessed with everything being orchestrated.

With that being said, I hope it won't be fully orchestrated. I hope it will be like the other games, with music that fits the "style" and environments.
    The reason people are obsessed with it is because, unfortunately, there's a certain section of people in the gaming world that care about "real music" (that is, pure instruments; no digital stuff) much like certain people boycott pretty much everything else because of autotune and techno/electronic/wubwub crap, only liking "real bands". The definition of music is skewed towards real instruments for both.

Me, on the other hand, while I appreciate the efforts being made to keep real instruments alive and kicking, I would have to disagree with these kinds of people. Composing on the computer, besides the effort needed to play the note, isn't that much different from composing stuff on piano, for example. You still need a good knowledge of music to be able to make a good tune.
    Ange, szmty and Reila like this.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Let's just hope they will change those awful cries from the older (Gen I-III) pokémon. I wonder how screech isn't a default move for every one of them.
    White 2 FC: 3311 2771 3038 / 3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 147
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast