Soft-Resetting for shinies! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Soft-Resetting for shinies!

Default Re: Soft-Resetting for shinies!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Let's keep this thread to SRing, shall we? There are numerous other threads about RNG abuse.

On another note, I haven't been keeping track of my resets, but I'd say that since I've been SRing virtually all day, that I'm at about 1500-2000 by now. You will be mine, shiny Volcarona!
    Wow! I'm doing the exact same thing, and am currently at 1158 SRs. This is the fist time I've tried to soft reset, and I'm still kind of getting used to it. The thing that I don't understand though is that I've seen people saying that they've gotten a shiny in under 500 SRs! I've been doing this for about a week now!

The 'fun' in 'no refund'! Theatricalis's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Theatricalis On Twitter
    Follow Theatricalis on Tumblr Visit Theatricalis's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jv141 View Post
    The thing that I don't understand though is that I've seen people saying that they've gotten a shiny in under 500 SRs! I've been doing this for about a week now!
    Don't give up! I got a shiny Charmander in just 3 SRs on SoulSilver, but it took me months to get my shiny Shaymin on Platinum!

As for my other shiny SRing attempts that I switch between... No luck at all. Might try for Ho-Oh or Giratina again later, though. I'm really determined to get some more shinies before X and Y come out.

I've SR'ed a few times for females (I used a copy of Pearl to get females for all three Sinnoh starters, which took over an hour in total), but shinies? No way, sir, I'd rather encounter them in the wild.

That being said, I was pretty lucky in both XD and Platinum to get a female Eevee without SR.

Heh, it seems like I've stopped SRing completely since I created this thread! ;o; I might just go back to Volcarona... :D

I tried a counted 4,000 times for a regirock and over a month for a kyurem with no such luck and gave up

Blog Entries

Since I encountered Latios in the Dreamyard, I've been resetting for him. So far, I've only reset 15 times and gotten nothing. I don't know how often I'll do this as I'm also hunting a shiny Elekid but I think I'll try and reset at least a few times a day. (Continual resetting is mind numbing.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Currently doing this in W2 for a shiny Snivy. Never had a shiny starter before, so I figured 'what the hell.' xD I'm on SR #20... hopefully it'll pop up relatively soon (i.e. weeks/days rather than months xD).
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not usually patient enough to even consider SRing for Shinies, but I have done so for a few Pokemon in the past. The first hunt I can recall is Bulbasaur in FireRed which I gave up on after stumbling upon a normal-coloured one with almost perfect IVs across the board, so I chose to raise that one. I also SR'd for a Shiny Latias from the Soul Dew event on SoulSilver, but my patience got the better of me on that occasion. However, I have always dreamed of having a Shiny Suicune on Pokemon Crystal, so I tried my luck with a hunt recently. It took many hundreds of resets to actually find one, but I ran out of Poke Balls to catch it with when it eventually appeared and I had to knock it out. I gave up for a few days before starting my hunt for another one, and a few weeks later I managed to find and successfully catch it!

20130502_200244_small.jpg 20130502_195016_small.jpg 20130502_214754_small.jpg
    "My Dream..."

Blog Entries

I usually do a International (jap version) parent with own parent when I create eggs.

I have over 600 hours on my save file which I'd say is 400hours of just making eggs. I average about 30 hatches an hour (seriously if anyone can explain a fast none cheat hatch method I'd love to know it). I've had 1 shiny hatch and that was ironically not on a proper bred but just a DWF I was trying to quick bred for a friend and had no good stats. I usually change my shiny target if I happen to get a 4 maxed 31 IV right ability egg hatch and move onto the next project (I have almost 2 filed boxes of near flawless hatched non shinys).

Shiny topics where people claim to have do 800 eggs in a day annoy me no end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12