So . . . new abilities . . .

Thread: So . . . new abilities . . .

Default So . . . new abilities . . .

It looks like we have a couple of random new sucky abilities to go along with Truant. Except these Pokemon don't need to be nerfed. Like Murkrow, Absol, and Donkarasu taking critical hits more often or Mimilop not being able to use hold items or Delcatty's attacks all being normal. Nothing really useful, all negative. Very odd.

Still, Auto-Explode is just awesome and one more reason to love Skutank. Anyone knocking him out with a Physical Attack is going to get hit with an automatic Explosion attack. That's just freaking awesome.

Dosydon and Camerupt now have an answer to the super-duper weaknesses to water that everyone neglects to use them for.

The pine-tree's awesome auto-hail is pretty sweet.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Actually, Delcatty's turns Assist into a potentially integral (and MUCH more usable) move.

The rest I either find very interesting, or very hilarious.

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

My new favorite useless ability has gotta be Stupid. STUUUUUUUPIIIIIID!

But I seriously hope that Absol, Murkrow, and Donkrow keep their first abilities. At least Mimilol and Mimilop have those alternate ablities.
    Last edited by Iggyness; 6th October 2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: original was too spammy

I like that Fuwante and Fuwaido can go Hindenberg though, lol.

EDIT: The POkesluts have STUPID? lol....

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Absol still has Pressure, Murkrow evo has Insomnia, Bunny evo has Cute Charm. Nothing seems to actually be *stuck* with a bad trait like Slaking is.

Delcatty's trait is pretty interesting because it basically gets STAB on everything now. The downside is that it can't do anything to ghosts (hi new Dusclops evo which will probably be OU as hell), or rocks and steels.

Ninjask passes to Machamp... Machamp shoots... and SCORES!!!

They don't call him nevermiss for nothing.
    Pragmatism not idealism.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Delcatty's trait is pretty interesting because it basically gets STAB on everything now. The downside is that it can't do anything to ghosts (hi new Dusclops evo which will probably be OU as hell), or rocks and steels.
    It can thunderwave ground types :)
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

I assume it only applies to *attacks* - not status changers like Thunder Wave.

These new abilities are interesting. o.o More negative ones, and a couple that'll mess with my simple strategy: a team that can type-trump anything. (Yep, no clever move-combos, no cheap Pokemon, just using the type chart I memorized out of boredom to trump nearly any type combination.) And the Stupid ability is hilarious all in itself.

Poor Absol, Murkrow, and Murkrow-evo. >.o Absol especially, it's one of my all-time favorite Pokemon, I even collect merchandise of it.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us." - Maddie Blaustein