Small Changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Changes

Default Small Changes

What are some small changes you would of made if you had a say concerning the past few games? I know there's many big changes that people want such as a full 3D environment but what relatively small things that may have been included before or seem easy to make do you feel should be added to the games?

For me some small details I would like is to have your Pokemon follow you the same with it did in HGSS. I'm not sure why this wasn't included in BW because I found when building the happiness of a Pokemon it seemed more realistic to have the Pokemon out of its ball with you.
    Another thing is like to change is the Pokemon used by the trainers you battle. I'd like I see a greater variety and not have to always battle drilbur or watchhog! I wanna see a greater variety and see some trainers with rarer Pokemon.

Default Re: Small Changes

That latter point isn't too valid if you're missing most of the trainers on each route, and haven't faced all the trainers in each route. There's a Reversal Mountain trainer who uses the rare Vibrava (in fact its previous stage, Trapinch, is the only Pokémon not used by any trainer in Reversal Mountain so you have to search for it in normal grass to complete the Seen Stamp for the Habitat List) and most Pokémon that the trainers use are related to the Pokémon around that area.

And since when did you have to face so many Drilbur and Watchog? The latter is understandable because of Team Plasma Grunts, but Drilbur isn't too common, I don't think (unless you're in Driftveil Gym or perhaps even Twist Mountain/Clay Road).
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

I find the battle opening a bit slow again. In HGSS it was good, but in BW it is a little slower. Not only is it less irritating with faster battles, but the speed also gives the battle a little more feeling of action.

There are other things from HGSS I would have liked to see in BW:
    The following Pokemon.
    The bag is more organised.
    The grass patches look more realistic.
    There are sound effects when you walk.
    Faster battles.
    My guess why BW doesn't include this is that they must have developed BW next to HGSS, and planned to release HGSS so that they had time to finish BW for its release. So, BW is more based on DP, not on HGSS, even though HGSS, according to release dates, seems to be the predecessor of BW. Hopefully, they will reuse HGSS functionality for future games. I can't get away from the feeling of that BW is where they've stepped back a step and taken another path, like:

(previous games) ------->DP/Pl------>HGSS
    ...................................|
    ...................................|------->BW------->BW2

instead of:

(previous games) ------->DP/Pl------>HGSS------>BW------->BW2

Another change I'm thinking of could be about the mini games. I'm not sure if it's that I don't favour mini games, but the only mini game I like is the Pokethlon. It gives a little action to the otherwise turned-based system of Pocket Monsters.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

^ Please, the battles in BW are way faster than in DPPt/HGSS.

I know there's many big changes that people want such as a full 3D environment
    Who wants this? :/ 3D environment would screw the "magic" of the franchise.

Well, I would like the following Pokemon back... That is all.

For me some small details I would like is to have your Pokemon follow you the same with it did in HGSS. I'm not sure why this wasn't included in BW because I found when building the happiness of a Pokemon it seemed more realistic to have the Pokemon out of its ball with you.
    This, this, this. It was probably my favorite little detail in any Pokemon game, regardless of what anyone says. I enjoyed it immensely in HG/SS and wish they'd implemented it into BW/BW2.
    I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!

Claims: Pyroar and Overheat

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the fact that when the Repel wears off, it asks if you want to use another. Very convenient for me, an avid Repel user, since I don't have to open the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make all HMs TMs, that the moves they teach can be overwritten anytime: Not being able to delete HMs became pointless since gen II where you had access to them anytime, and now outside of that they're just like the rest of TMs.

Change the TMs of B2W2 to ones that teach different (existing) moves.

[/overexposition]

Short and simple for me
    1.Following Pokemon needs to come back
    2.Quicker Battles
    3.More detail into graphics (with todays technology there should be better graphics and more attention to detail)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I hate the useless following pokemon feature. I was so happy to see it gone in BW.

If they ever bring it back, it BETTER be optional

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

I'd love to see a GTS browser of some sort instead of showing only 7 Pokemon per search.

Walking Pokemon was the ONLY good thing about HGSS for me. :< I'm sad it's not in Gen V, sine BW and B2W2 both heavily slam it to the player how much you LOOOOOVE your Pokemon, and yet they can't walk beside you like an equal. Awfully hypocritical. "OTL Make it optional, of course, but I just want it back.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

There should be a detection for legendary Pokemon offer abuse in the GTS and track down the person who rage quitted in Random Matchups for the 1hr ban. My other ideas aren't really small changes.

I want to the option to "give" or "migrate" pokemon between games of the same generation.

I'm tired of catching a ton level 5 pokemon just to trade them to another game and release them.

It would also be nice if you could "give" items and money.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id like them to fix the GTS so people cant ask for ridiculous things like Lv 1 legendaries, and for walking Pokemon to return.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Id like them to fix the GTS so people cant ask for ridiculous things like Lv 1 legendaries, and for walking Pokemon to return.
    ^This please. Tired of seeing that dam lvl 9 or under crap,especially when asking for legends for weak useless pokemon..

"Persona!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast