FAQ: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) - Page 3

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2084
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

  1. #31
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    21,981
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by AmphiGamer View Post
    Would anyone mind cluing me in on how long the Torchic event will last? I remember hearing it starts the same time as the game's release, but I don't remember anything else ^~^
    The Torchic is available from October 12th- January 15th.

  2. #32
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    This might seem like a silly question to some, but to me I'm clueless on it. What is all this talk on Pokemon X and Y won't recieve online patches? what does that mean?
    It means basically that Game Freak will not release a patch to update the games via DLC, I believe Masuda specifically said in an interview that they wouldn't release a patch for things such as to rebalance the types and such.
    Does this include bug fix patches? I find this concerning.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  3. #33
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    21,981
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    This might seem like a silly question to some, but to me I'm clueless on it. What is all this talk on Pokemon X and Y won't recieve online patches? what does that mean?
    It means basically that Game Freak will not release a patch to update the games via DLC, I believe Masuda specifically said in an interview that they wouldn't release a patch for things such as to rebalance the types and such.
    Does this include bug fix patches? I find this concerning.
    I would think things like bugs/glitches would be fixed, Masuda seemed to be referring more to adding content to the game and changing type balances via patches.

  4. #34
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Do we have a thread where we can discuss the new Pokemon Center? It seems to have a clothing area in the corner, with the t-shirt sign. Outside is at 2:24 and inside is at 2:30.

  5. #35
    The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    1,529
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    Do we have a thread where we can discuss the new Pokemon Center? It seems to have a clothing area in the corner, with the t-shirt sign. Outside is at 2:24 and inside is at 2:30.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/kalos-pokemon-centers-151501/

    There's this thread from 10,000 years ago~

  6. #36
    Kalos Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?

  7. #37
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?
    I think it depends on your store and your schedule on release day. Does your store sell out quickly? Will you be too busy to pick up your copy a little earlier?

  8. #38
    Kalos Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?
    I think it depends on your store and your schedule on release day. Does your store sell out quickly? Will you be too busy to pick up your copy a little earlier?
    I won't be busy earlier in the day, and usually there are plenty of copies left in store.

  9. #39
    Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U S of A
    Posts
    116
    Blog Entries
    5

    Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?
    I think it depends on your store and your schedule on release day. Does your store sell out quickly? Will you be too busy to pick up your copy a little earlier?
    I won't be busy earlier in the day, and usually there are plenty of copies left in store.
    Well, even so, this is a highly anticipated game, which is why I pre-ordered juuust in case. But I advise getting to the store as soon as possible. And if they ARE sold out, and you NEED the game on release day, there's always the eShop...

    The friend code and name on my trainer card is for my Nintendo 3DS, and should be used for communications via Pokemon X and Y

    Nintendo ID - AmphiGamer

  10. #40
    Registered User Kelphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29

    Default Concerned about pokemon size!

    Considering this game has:

    Huge 3D World
    Character Customization
    700+ Pokemon from previous games and the new one to animate for battles and Amii
    Eight different gym badges plus the Elite 4.


    Does anyone feel that this is a little too good to be true? It just seems too big for a 3DS game and it scares me in some ways.
    Maybe there will only be 4 badges, maybe the world wont be very big.
    Maybe you can only do Amii with certain Pokemon.
    Maybe the character customization will only have a couple different outfits to choose from.

    Can anyone enlighten me how this is all possible? I am so excited for this game, and I really don't want to be let down...
    davi likes this.

  11. #41
    Registered User Kojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Concerned about pokemon size!

    It's easier to do this kind of stuff with 3D models compared to sprites. With a 3D model you just manipulate the model to animate a certain way. For clothes, they can all dynamically fit onto the model. With sprites you need to animate and make every little thing. It seems that they're just taking advantage of it. Also the game is only about 1.7 gb, a 3DS cartridge has a maximum of 8 gb if I remember correctly.

  12. #42
    Purgatorio WindBlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    4th sphere of heaven
    Posts
    766
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    I have a question, I'm planning on getting the Kalos region guide solely to have in in my collection, but given how I have never purchased a guide before, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to expect? Is it like a pokedex with full images of each of the pokemon? or what exactly? Thank you.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

  13. #43
    The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    1,529
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    I have a question, I'm planning on getting the Kalos region guide solely to have in in my collection, but given how I have never purchased a guide before, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to expect? Is it like a pokedex with full images of each of the pokemon? or what exactly? Thank you.
    For sake of comparison, the BW2 guidebook guided you through the story and anything extra in the game (PWT, Pokestar Studios, etc.) At the end included where to catch all of the regional dex Pokemon. The beginning had basic tips: like the type matchups, team building suggestions, info on shinies, and what not.

  14. #44
    Purgatorio WindBlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    4th sphere of heaven
    Posts
    766
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    ^ oh I see thanks, but do we get to have full images of each of the new pokemon? Because this is why I most want to own the guide.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

  15. #45
    The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    1,529
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    ^ oh I see thanks, but do we get to have full images of each of the new pokemon? Because this is why I most want to own the guide.
    You certainly should if they include where to catch them all.

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •