FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition) - Page 167
Page 167 of 184 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2759

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by mcnamee19 View Post
    Just a quick question as I've never tried this before:

If I press B on the evolve screen, when one of my Pokemon want to evolve, will I have a chance to evolve it again?
    Yes, when it levels up again, it will start to evolve.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnamee19 View Post
    Just a quick question as I've never tried this before:

If I press B on the evolve screen, when one of my Pokemon want to evolve, will I have a chance to evolve it again?
    Yes, when it levels up again, it will start to evolve.
    Thanks Shiny Celebi :)

Question HELP Please

Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to get a machop (machoke or Machamp) with bullet punch, I have a Riolu with bullet punch.... if i evolve it into Lucario can i breed it with a machop and get bullet punch machop that way ?

if not whats the best way to do so ?

thanks.

Default Re: HELP Please

Quote Originally Posted by faxon99 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to get a machop (machoke or Machamp) with bullet punch, I have a Riolu with bullet punch.... if i evolve it into Lucario can i breed it with a machop and get bullet punch machop that way ?

if not whats the best way to do so ?

thanks.
    You should be able to. Considering they can already learn that move by breeding, and they both get Bullet Punch from Hitmonchan, I would be shocked if they couldn't.

(That is called chain-breeding if I am not mistaken.)

IGN: Arcueid/Taira FC: 2921 - 9347 - 3205 Friend Safari: Bug

Default Re: HELP Please

Thanks,
    Yeah am pretty new to breeding, so am i right in thinking that if i breed machop with machop i still have a chance of getting a machop with bullet punch but it's just more likely if I do it with a pokemon that already knows the move ?

No, Bullet Punch Is an egg move for Machop. Machop has to be put on the daycare with 1.) a Pokemon that knows Bullet Punch and 2.) A Pokemon it can breed with.

While Hitmonchan is the only Pokemon Machop can breed with that learns Bullet Punch normally (without breeding), a Lucario that already knows Bullet Punch also fulfills the two conditions above.

Two other facts to further your knowledge:
    ¤When breeding moves the Mother has priority for passing down moves over the father.

¤Since the mother is always the same species as the egg (unless there is a ditto involved), any move you breed onto it will stay if you start breeding with another Pokemon.
    Ex. After breeding Bullet Punch onto Machop, breed a female Machop w/ Bullet Punch with a Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick to breed Machops that know Bullet Punch AND Blaze Kick.
    Please note that you HAVE to have a female to continue the Machop line.

Quote Originally Posted by SobriquetP View Post
    No, Bullet Punch Is an egg move for Machop. Machop has to be put on the daycare with 1.) a Pokemon that knows Bullet Punch and 2.) A Pokemon it can breed with.

While Hitmonchan is the only Pokemon Machop can breed with that learns Bullet Punch normally (without breeding), a Lucario that already knows Bullet Punch also fulfills the two conditions above.

¤When breeding moves the Mother has priority for passing down moves over the father.

¤Since the mother is always the same species as the egg (unless there is a ditto involved), any move you breed onto it will stay if you start breeding with another Pokemon.
    Ex. After breeding Bullet Punch onto Machop, breed a female Machop w/ Bullet Punch with a Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick to breed Machops that know Bullet Punch AND Blaze Kick.
    thanks, very helpful.
    so i'm pretty much f-ed as the lucario with bullet is female and the machop is male .... so i'm always going to get a lucario ?

unless i breed lucario until i get a male with bullet punch and then breed with a female machop ?

Quote Originally Posted by SobriquetP View Post

thanks, very helpful.
    so i'm pretty much f-ed as the lucario with bullet is female and the machop is male .... so i'm always going to get a lucario ?

unless i breed lucario until i get a male with bullet punch and then breed with a female machop ?
    That is correct. You are getting the hang of this. ;)

If you ever have any other questions about stuff like that you can always drop a PM and I'll see if I can help ya.

Blog Entries
    Follow Nicolas721 On Twitter

Hi guys. I already completed the Coastal Kalos Dex with all 153 Pokemon, but the crown that appears next to the number doesn't appear. Does anyone knows why?

I think the cause is that some of the Pokemon have the Pokeball symbol. If that's the reason, my question would be...It's necessary that the legendary birds have the Kalos-born symbol for the crown to appear?

That will not take long, because you'll get a male Riolu 7 out of 8 times when breeding. The only real time required is to evolve one into a Lucario (but a Soothe Bell with Befriending O-Power can go a long way towards that).
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Grand Duke Homs

Hi guys! Which is much better(or most effective), Smoksecreen or Double Team(for Mega Charizard Y) moveset??

Quote Originally Posted by homer.homs View Post
    Hi guys! Which is much better(or most effective), Smoksecreen or Double Team(for Mega Charizard Y) moveset??
    Evasion boosts are usually more effective than accuracy boosts, but consider:
    - Evasion is associated with the defending Pokemon (not reset if attacker switches out)
    - Accuracy is associated with the attacking Pokemon (can't be reset by Foresight/Odor Slueth).
    - Chip Away / Unaware ignore evasion but not accuracy
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

To get the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stones in Canada, I hear you have to agree to get the newsletter from your trainer profile on Pokemon.com
    is that this?:
    newsletter-agree.png
    And if not, how can I get Heracronite in Canada?
    Last edited by Bug Catcher Wade; 25th August 2014 at 02:58 PM.

Alpha Sapphire! CakeFairyForever's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add CakeFairyForever on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Catcher Wade View Post
    To get the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stones in Canada, I hear you have to agree to get the newsletter from your trainer profile on Pokemon.com
    is that this?:
    newsletter-agree.png
    And if not, how can I get Heracronite in Canada?
    That looks like the right news letter but I don't think Canada is getting the free mega stone.

Friend Safari: Psychic (Munna Xatu Wobbuffet)
    Item Claims: Mornstar, Brotherhood, Flemeth's Grimoire, Yggdrasil (11/14/14)
    Character Claims: Fenris (Dragon Age 2), Seymour (Final Fantasy X) (11/24/14)
    CENTRAL TIME ZONE

Grand Duke Homs

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homer.homs View Post
    Evasion boosts are usually more effective than accuracy boosts, but consider:
    - Evasion is associated with the defending Pokemon (not reset if attacker switches out)
    - Accuracy is associated with the attacking Pokemon (can't be reset by Foresight/Odor Slueth).
    - Chip Away / Unaware ignore evasion but not accuracy
    Got it! Maybe I'll choose Double Team for this.

Thanks!
    FC: 2681-0727-7819

It is appreciated if you send me a PM and give me your FC before adding me up.