Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3 - Page 4

View Poll Results: HeartGold or Diamond?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • HeartGold

22 73.33%
  • Diamond

8 26.67%
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

Super Sceptile or smth Electric Cirno's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Electric Cirno On Twitter Add Electric Cirno on Google+

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    this is still something I havent figured out yet, in mystery gift mode what does the option mean by get from a friend? Does it mean get a Wonder Card from another persons game or DS?
    Yes, for example, the Japanese Rotom event for Platinum was able to be shared. It has no use outside Japan I think unless they decide to use it. I think it's only that event as well.
    Immortality doesn't mean absence of death, it means the boundary between life and death disappears, and you are in a state neither alive nor dead.
    Just as if you were in the living world and the Netherworld at the same time, a Necrofantasia.

Blog Entries

Oh okay thanks for answers

Default Sinnoh Sound question.

I am running my radio on Sinnoh sound. It should be active today (thursday). I have been running around in the same patch of grass, headbutting trees and fishing in the same area and have yet to see any of the sound pokemon. Anything special I have to do other than having my radio tuned to the proper station?

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Sinnoh Sound question.

Walk, don't run. I find that helps. And it's a 20% Chance to get (I think) so I wish you luck.

And BTW, are you in the right area?
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

Yes. I am looking at guides on Bulbapedia. Searched the route I am on, and it lists for Gen IV (SS) that there is 2 for Sinnoh sound that I dont have.

As for the 20%, I have ran into several that were like 5-7%, haha. So I should have seen a few at least of the 20% ones by now.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

Ok, Try Walking, not Running.
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

Just turned my sound on. It seems I have to go into my radio after each battle to get the Sinnoh sound to actually play. :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    But Platinum is actually the game I'd suggest you try out first. The best Pokemon game out there imo, Platinum is the pinnacle of the series.
    +1 on that dude

i'd say skip diamond & pearl you're missing nothing at all - get platinum first it really is the best out there to date

if you have spare cash then emerald & then HG or SS if you've got more spare cash - HG/SS are not essential imo even though they have nice features
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Question Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HGSS Crown Beast question: If you get the Shiny cats downloaded to HGSS, can you use them to track the in-game legendary beasts (Raikou and Entei) via Pokedex? Also, when are Suicune and Lati@s's IVs set?

Beldum question: Is the Beldum that Steve gives you in exchange for a Forretress affected by the IVs/personality of the Forretress you give him?

If these have been answered already, a link would be welcome but not absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Avid Advance/Ability/Fire/Imite/Morpheusshipper, because Ash deserves to eventually be with someone who will treat him as an equal, not as a little brother or lesser rival.

Also supports Coastline(Misty actually *respects* Dorian enough to be able to carry out a healthy romantic relationship with him), Luck(no way in hell Lucy's forgotten about Brock), and Twinleafshipping(as much as I like Kenny as a person, Barry should have gotten his role---and the crush on Dawn---too).

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Turboclaw View Post
    HGSS Crown Beast question: If you get the Shiny cats downloaded to HGSS, can you use them to track the in-game legendary beasts (Raikou and Entei) via Pokedex?
    No, because in HGSS, the locations of Raikou and Entei will show up on the PokeGear map screen, not the PokeDex.

Also, when are Suicune and Lati@s's IVs set?
    Suicune's are set when you interact it with at Cerulean Cape. I'm pretty sure Lati@s' are set the minute they start roaming but I'm not 100% sure that's the case.

Beldum question: Is the Beldum that Steve gives you in exchange for a Forretress affected by the IVs/personality of the Forretress you give him?
    No, but according to Bulbapedia;

"The Pokémon the player receives in the trade will have fixed OT and ID numbers; in later games the held items, natures, and IVs are fixed as well."

In BW, is their a multiplayer mode that only allows Gen5 mons? I seem to recall something about it prior to release, but can't recall a name.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but it's some things that confuses me when i read here.

What does RNGing means?

How do you check your pokémons IVs?

And there is some stuff that i don't understand about EV-training. I understand how to do it and that stuff. But lets say i have a Blaziken, his attack stats are pretty high but his defense are low. Should i EV-train his defense or attack? I mean, should i try to improve the low stats or the highest?

And i read that natures that don't do anything for the stats, like Docile is bad for EV-training. Why is that?

And a final quiestion. When a pokémon is holding an exp. share and don't battle, does it get the half of the EVs? Like 1 defense EV after the other pokémon "killed" a graveler? Or does both of the pkmn gets 2?

Sorry for all the questions, but i would love an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tossa View Post
    I don't know if this is the right thread, but it's some things that confuses me when i read here.

What does RNGing means?

Random Number Generator. The game determines anything that is "random" with the random number generator. Chance of shinyness or good IVs are why people abuse the RNG

How do you check your pokémons IVs?

Either entering a newly hatched/caught pokemon in an online battle that will up it's level temperaroy. You then copy down those newly gained stats and use an online IV calculator

And there is some stuff that i don't understand about EV-training. I understand how to do it and that stuff. But lets say i have a Blaziken, his attack stats are pretty high but his defense are low. Should i EV-train his defense or attack? I mean, should i try to improve the low stats or the highest?

EV train his attack. Get the best bang for your buck. Other pokemon would be both stronger and more defensive then a defensive Blaziken.

And i read that natures that don't do anything for the stats, like Docile is bad for EV-training. Why is that?

Most natures up a stat by 10% of it's max value, and -10% from another. This is another bang for your buck. Training a Blaziken in attack, while it has good attack IVs and a nature that increases attack is much stronger then a defensive Blaziken with neutral nature and unknown IVs.

And a final quiestion. When a pokémon is holding an exp. share and don't battle, does it get the half of the EVs? Like 1 defense EV after the other pokémon "killed" a graveler? Or does both of the pkmn gets 2?

Both pokemon get the full EV value. The rule is if the pokemon gains exp in the battle, it gains EVs.

Sorry for all the questions, but i would love an answer.
    Answers in Red

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
    Answers in Red
    Thanks! Can you give me a good IV calculator? If it's allowed by the forum rules. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
    Answers in Red
    I was wondering what you meant.. I had to switch forum skins twice to figure it out. >->

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast