Side Quest Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Side Quest Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Side Quest Discussion

Safari Zone- If its normal like in R/S and R/B/Y- No Marsh!
    Pokecontests- Like R/S/E
    Pokeathelon

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

I don't mind so long as they're optional!

BW2 had a bit too much to be honest, It felt like I couldn't walk into any city without one of my friends going "OMG YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!" Dude..trying to stop team Plasma here and get back your sister's pet cat. I THINK THAT'S A BIT MORE IMPORTANT THAN MAKING A MOVIE!

Contests would be fun to have back though. Also the good old Safari zone.
    Owain, Green Zubat and evilhumer like this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Contests were great, but Super Contests sucked. I don't see them bringing back the Gen III version of them as opposed to the DP ones, so I'd rather those stay out of it. Musicals were even worse. Pokethlon was probably the most fun, though I really didn't spend much time with it. Whatever they choose to incorporate, I hope they don't make it mandatory your first time through whatever town it's in. It was always a pain to play through the less than stellar side quests when you just wanted to continue through with the games.
    Owain likes this.

I find it strange that no one mention Join Avenue. I'm in love with this and would love to see it made a comeback. It's so awesome trying to max my stores ^^
    Green Zubat and Silverwynde like this.
    "I will always love you Veigar" - Lulu

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post
    I want the Game Corner back. And it better be a gambling game. I hated Voltorb Flip so much. It would've been one thing if the Voltorb's had to be consecutive, but when it comes down to it, Voltorb Flip relied too heavily on luck with to little payout.
    Not that I'm against this, but I'm just saying now that it won't happen. They got rid of it because of something along the lines of EU gambling laws, so unless there's another major change to the Game Corner or international law, I don't see it returning outside Voltorb Flip.

Tbh, I'm not even bothered if it comes back as the Game Corner we all know and love, just as long as some method of coin exchange returns (you could get some really good TMs from that, and for a reasonable price!). But I suppose Battle Points have usurped that role now, even if they're ridiculously hard to get -_-

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Contests were great, but Super Contests sucked. I don't see them bringing back the Gen III version of them as opposed to the DP ones, so I'd rather those stay out of it. Musicals were even worse. Pokethlon was probably the most fun, though I really didn't spend much time with it. Whatever they choose to incorporate, I hope they don't make it mandatory your first time through whatever town it's in. It was always a pain to play through the less than stellar side quests when you just wanted to continue through with the games.
    Nothing wrong with Super Contests. It added stuff rather than removed.
    Yeah, I posted a list somewhere. Make none of that mandatory, it annoys me that side-quests aren't truly sidequests. Spiritomb for example.

And yeah, I was Join Avenue back with more options.
    Cabecote likes this.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if there were side quests that had mini story arcs. Like you would have to go on a small adventure to go find something or do something for someone and along the way you'd battle different trainers. It wouldn't really effect the main plot, but maybe it would be a way to get the items that are harder to find, or maybe there could be exclusive items for it.
    My Y Team:

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

European Football Mini-Game. Kind of like Blitzball in Final Fantasy X, but faster.

Basically, using your own Pokemon, you'd be able to form a team of six...3 forwards, 2 backers, and 1 goalie, with every individual species having positions that it is limited to based on size and body shape. So, like, Steelix and Wailord could only be goalies, but dudes like Hitmonlee and Pikachu could play any position.

Okay, but unlike Contests, you don't have to sacrifice main-game playability to make them excel at the Mini-Game...instead, your Pokemon have separate stats and skills EXCLUSIVE to the mini-game that grow as they play it. Stats and the Skills would be based on the species, but you'd be able to adjust their stat growth, and which skills they're equipped with to make them personalized. There'd be, like 100 different Skills in total, with Pokemon learning around 10 or so each, and 4 slots to equip for each match.

The game would be more simulation than sports, like a turn-based match. You'd set up your Pokemon's positions, equipped skills, and give your team a general tactic, and the Pokemon would then move around automatically, represented by little sprites on the screen (since it'd be hard to show every model moving around, especially the ones with odd body shapes), but on occasions, they'd "challenge" an opponent on the other team, with the view switching to that of a normal Pokemon Battle, but with a different set of commands...you'd be able to use a skill, choose who to pass to, or make a shot. And then after you choose it, it'd factor your choice into the game, and switch back to the sprite-based layout as the match continues and you see the result of your choice.

The Mini-Game wouldn't be required at all, but would be pretty expansive, with multiple pre-made teams to fight against and tournaments to compete in, and would BENEFIT the main game as prizes would be money, rare items, and such that you'd actually use in the main game. You'd also be able to create a team name and a team logo, and could go online and play other human opponents with an online ranking system.
    Karamazov likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I love side quests

I would love to see a lot more side-quests be implemented in the games. I don't necessarily mean things like contests or game corners or any mini-game like that, but I am talking about side-adventures/sub-plots that are unrelated to the evil team main plot. For example, in Gen III, we had the Regi sidequest, it was both optional and long. Another example being Crystal's Ruins of Alph (yes, just talking about Crystal's because it was longer than GS's version of it). I know some don't like the idea of a LOT of legendaries, so why not make side-quests that require you to go places (like the Regi sidequest basically required cross-region travel) that don't involve Legendaries?

For example, this is a side-quest idea I came up with:

more lengthy side-quests like that are what I'd like to see in these games.
    This. This has to happen.

Now, here are my ideas.
    There is a person in a house. If you're a boy, the person will be a girl, and vice versa (ala the Nancy/Curtis sidequest in B2W2). When you talk to him/her you will find out he/she is escaped royalty. You will then try to help-
    Sorry, Princess Protection Program is on. Besides, I don't think there is a monarchy in Pokemon.
    Okay, so a demigod son of Posiden-
    You know what, I'll just stop talking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    European Football Mini-Game. Kind of like Blitzball in Final Fantasy X, but faster.

Basically, using your own Pokemon, you'd be able to form a team of six...3 forwards, 2 backers, and 1 goalie, with every individual species having positions that it is limited to based on size and body shape. So, like, Steelix and Wailord could only be goalies, but dudes like Hitmonlee and Pikachu could play any position.

Okay, but unlike Contests, you don't have to sacrifice main-game playability to make them excel at the Mini-Game...instead, your Pokemon have separate stats and skills EXCLUSIVE to the mini-game that grow as they play it. Stats and the Skills would be based on the species, but you'd be able to adjust their stat growth, and which skills they're equipped with to make them personalized. There'd be, like 100 different Skills in total, with Pokemon learning around 10 or so each, and 4 slots to equip for each match.

The game would be more simulation than sports, like a turn-based match. You'd set up your Pokemon's positions, equipped skills, and give your team a general tactic, and the Pokemon would then move around automatically, represented by little sprites on the screen (since it'd be hard to show every model moving around, especially the ones with odd body shapes), but on occasions, they'd "challenge" an opponent on the other team, with the view switching to that of a normal Pokemon Battle, but with a different set of commands...you'd be able to use a skill, choose who to pass to, or make a shot. And then after you choose it, it'd factor your choice into the game, and switch back to the sprite-based layout as the match continues and you see the result of your choice.

The Mini-Game wouldn't be required at all, but would be pretty expansive, with multiple pre-made teams to fight against and tournaments to compete in, and would BENEFIT the main game as prizes would be money, rare items, and such that you'd actually use in the main game. You'd also be able to create a team name and a team logo, and could go online and play other human opponents with an online ranking system.
    There is a football stadium in Pokemon Black and White and their sequels in Nimbasa City. Maybe in a remake or something could incorporate your first idea. However, there are different ways of playing football in other regions, like Canadian Football or how football is soccer in the UK. I doubt they would change the entire minigame just for a different country.
    If it's preset without any training required: :D
    If you have to buy stuff to maintain those stats and/or train the stats: D:
    Last edited by GatoRage; 16th February 2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: multiple posting

Blog Entries

Safari Zone: Good riddance. I hated the place and I never want to see it return. I wasted far too many hours on LG to track down a Chansey that either fled or broke out of every Ball I threw at it. So yeah, it can go away for a nice long while and I won't miss it.

Pokeathelon: Never had a chance to try it so I can't give an opinion.

Contests/Super Contests: Bring them back immediately. I loved them and loved getting Ribbons for my Pokemon so I want them again. They were a lot of fun.

Musicals: I'm one of the few that will admit to enjoying the Musicals. I'd like them back but also with an option to earn a Ribbon or two for your Pokemon.

Poke Star Studios: That was pretty fun so yeah, bring it back.

And please give me my Join Avenue again. That's my favorite locale in-game and I'll be crushed if I can't get it back. It's not only fun but it's useful as well.
    Owain likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Something like Pokémon Musical, or PokéStar Studios are unlocked. I don't expect Game Corners.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I want the contests from Gen III
    The Pokéathlon
    The Musicals (bu with some sort of reward for doing them)
    The Movie-making thing, I never tried it, but it seems lots of fun

I don't think we'll get all of these, but you know what I really liked? The quests from Shadows of Almia, You'd get a pretty useful reward most of the time, and some were pretty lenghty too.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A new "musical" mini-game allowing players to construct their own melodies, perhaps in a manner similar to the Mario Paint music-maker, utilizing in-game sound effects, or possibly Pokemon Cries, would also be pretty neat and interesting to see what the fans could do with it.

Like, a Kricketune Dubstep remix.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I just thought of the glories we can with a Pokefrance, and its name is Pokechef. Basically its cooking mama but having you cook with your Pokemon. You would also be given a water type and fire type to help you cook, and do basic things like heating up foods or slowly grilling them, and you would gain trophies for your foods. It could work like contests, except it would utilize the new bonding feature, in which the more you are connected with your Pokemon, the higher rating your food gets. You even have a rank depending on your trophies, and eventually you become a 5 star Pokechef.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

I'd like to see something like exploring an optional territory and you get to explore more of it as you progress in the game, like the abandoned ship in RSE. I'd definitly like to see secret bases or the underground, that was a lot of fun. Since it didn't look like pokemon could follow you around based on the trailer of pokemon XY, I want something like Amity Square back. Looking at this thread, I just realized that Gen 5 was missing the safari. I was wondering why I had the feeling that Gen 5 didn't feel 'complete', although I don't usually go to safaris.
    This is not a sidequest, but I want to see something like pokeblocks or poffins back. I like feeding my pokemon treats =)
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast