Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement! - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Personally, I've had more fun with Voltorb Flip than with any of the slot games. Playing it reminds me of Sudoku, and I've managed to narrow down to the higher numbered cards in later games. I've had some surprising moments, as well as some heart-breaker ones too, but still, MORE FUN. Addictively more fun than slots.

Finally made it to Lv. 6 or 7.... and earned up enough coins for my female Dratini~ YAY. Now I'm down to 35 coins... so time for more playing (instead of training? Of course!)!

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kemine View Post
    Maybe if they put the slots back in and keep the Voltorb Flip in the 5th generation? It'd make everyone a little happier.

Guess it all depends on the person..
    THIS. One thing I loved about the Game Corner in Gen II and III was the fact that you had options.

I also agree that both the Voltorb Flip and Slot Machines take luck. I prefer logic and luck to timing and luck any day, though. Not to mention that being unlucky in Voltorb Flip doesn't cost you a thing.

Shiny Lucas is 1 in 8192 FusengerShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually like that they took away the ability to buy coins.

Why?

Because it makes you PLAY THE GAME. It was far too easy in prior generations to say "screw the games" and fire up your Gameshark/Action Replay to give you maxed-out money so you could buy all the coins you need for Porygon/Dratini/insert-TM-here. Not any more.

Av via Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FusengerShadow View Post

Why?

Because it makes you PLAY THE GAME. It was far too easy in prior generations to say "screw the games" and fire up your Gameshark/Action Replay to give you maxed-out money so you could buy all the coins you need for Porygon/Dratini/insert-TM-here. Not any more.
    The thing is not everyone likes the game and we don't like being forced to play a mini game that we don't want to play. Forcing us to play something we don't like if we want the prizes is horribly stupid, especially since Voltorb Flip is a love it or hate it kind of game. And then you throw in a line about cheating for max money? Yeah, real nice there. I may have had max money, but it's all legit. =__= I either earn the money myself or actually earn the coins.

If we have options besides this stupid voltorb flip when they bring gen5 international, then it might be okay. Either way, still hoping slots and buying coins stays in the Japanese versions.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, if I had a Gameshark/Action Replay, I'd just use a code for infinite coins if that's what I were after. In fact, you can still do that now, even if you can't buy them.

Better than being thrown back to Level 1 by a 3.74% chance of a Voltorb. And trust me, I'm speaking from personal experience.
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Hey, I got to level 4 today. :D And then hit a Voltorb on my first move and was sent back to level 1. Meh. Well, broke my highest count of coins in a game record, it's now 144.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    The thing is not everyone likes the game and we don't like being forced to play a mini game that we don't want to play. Forcing us to play something we don't like if we want the prizes is horribly stupid, especially since Voltorb Flip is a love it or hate it kind of game. And then you throw in a line about cheating for max money? Yeah, real nice there. I may have had max money, but it's all legit. =__= I either earn the money myself or actually earn the coins.
    Not everyone like the Underground, still they didn't give us many other ways to get the fossils (especially those from gen 4 as they can't be Pal Parked), multiple plates and evolution stones. Not everyone likes pokehellaton but that's the only way to get multiple of every evolution item/stones. And finally not everyone likes the slots. Lets just take out everything that someone don't like. And the slots wont return in the EU or US (don't blame EU, blame US for following EU laws) 'cause of EU laws against gambling and the Voltorb Flip is better than the "go-and-get-some-coins-whitout-any-effort-and-use-the-whole-day-since-you-only-get-20coins-the-few-times-you-get-anything.

And to be fair you are never forced to play unless you really want a Porygon and the same can be said about all the other thing I mentioned, but whit other items, whit the exception of Shelldon, Cranidos and Spiritomb.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

i just got to level 7, the first board i got 8 cards up and the last choice was one of those
    x o
    o x
    setups, i always get the wrong one with those (really, 100%. ive never gotten the ones i need)

next board; first is voltorb. im on level one
    =.=
    DAMN YOU ICE BEAM!

Edit: a helpful tip im not sure was mentioned yet, but if you get to a situation where you know something is anything but a voltorb (1,2,3), take it. the more tiles you have facing up means the less levels you fall if you happen to lose. say your on level 6, have 5 numbers and the treaded xoxo setup (above), and can find any square with a 1... no harm no foul, you're still on level 6 as opposed to 5.
    Last edited by DeathByAnArrow; 1st April 2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: tips :D

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I can't make it past level 1 sometimes because I rely on the rows and columns with zero Voltorb. I find it useful to use the memo window to mark what I think is Voltorb, 1, 2, or 3. I understand the game though of how you have to add the numbers and guess which is which. I only managed to get to level 2 once. I'm happy that you can just quit the game to get the coins and just press play to get play a new game.

Like others, I'm also upset of there is no longer a coin exchange which would make it easier to get the prizes by just spending money. I was never really good in the slots anyway.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I do not like this bloody minigame, I hope there's some way to patch in the goddamn slot machines back in. I've never been good at Minesweeper and in order to get some of the better TMS I have no choice but to play it.

EDIT: And why should we be forced just to play this minigame? Just because Germany is the one that has the stick in their ass doesn't mean we need to be beaten with it.
    Last edited by Eredar Warlock; 4th April 2010 at 03:10 AM.

I'm pretty sure the Voltorb Flip hates me---me, personally. I can calculate what should have the lowest Voltorb chance (a 7-1 row with a 6-1 column, for instance, and no flipped cards on either), and 50% of the time, KABOOM!
    I'm honestly surprised I've reached level four.
    "For a bunch of guys on a mission to save the world, you sure do love your detours."--Gig, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
    Friend Code: 5241-3316-7599, character named Edward. Safari contains Marowak, Diggersby, and Trapinch. PM me if you want to exchange codes.

"Apologies" to Kepler

Unfortunately yes. That and, at the end of the board when you know that there are two 2s left to find, and you have a 2x2 grid of possible locations for them, it likes to bite you on the ass if you guess...

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon Nevando's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why?

Elite Four + Amulet Coin says hi for easy max money. I have atleast 10 Pokémon with the max money ribbon, easily :/

Ok so, obviously we know why they can't have Voltorb Flip and the slots side by side; it's a censorship issue. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine. But wouldn't actual middle ground here for Voltorb Flip/buying coins be have both options available? I don't see why it seems unfair. Some people genuinely ENJOY Voltorb Flip. Some people would rather spend the money that they could be using on things like Proteins/other EV increasing money on the coins.

Honestly, I do prefer Voltorb Flip over the slot, because it feels like you atleast have a chance. Like, a game that was no buying coins and slots? I wouldn't touch that game corner at all. So the fact that I do atleast try with the Voltorb Flip is something. It's just... not fun for the amount of work it takes imo :/

I do kinda hope in the 5th generation they get over the censorship bullshit and just have slots, Voltorb Flip AND buying coins. I just don't see how it's an issue.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I haven't gotten past level 3 yet. It keeps forcing me to guess at some point.

I've managed to hit lv6 once, got a nice amount of coins till now but having to climb the ladder each time really is taking its toll. Looks like I'll never get my grubby paws on that Ice beam TM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast