Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement! - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Default Re: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Slots are Timing and Luck based.
    Voltorb Flip is Logic and Luck based.
    Mainly the former in both cases. Either way, I prefer Voltorb Flip.

Shiny Lucas is 1 in 8192 FusengerShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of us have terrible timing. I, for one, am guilty as charged. With that in mind, NyaChan, perhaps now you can understand why some of us tend to prefer Voltorb Flip.

Av via Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FusengerShadow View Post
    Some of us have terrible timing. I, for one, am guilty as charged. With that in mind, NyaChan, perhaps now you can understand why some of us tend to prefer Voltorb Flip.
    I get annoyed at people complaining about the slots now because they're claiming it's all luck, when it's not. Not because they suck at timing. If they say they dislike the slots because they can't read the wheels well or don't have good timing, that's fine, but saying it's all luck based is BS because it's just not. I mean, in the end no one would be complaining if we still had the slots, but if you're going to complain, don't make up reasons like "it's all luck-based". People who dislike the slots also shouldn't be saying it's "impossible" to earn anything off them, as people can and have won coins off them.

(note: clearly not referring to you)

edit: and in general, like I said, I'm pretty sure none of you have even seen the HGSS slots. They're a lot easier to read the wheels on (specifically the 7s) and are much different than the DPPt slots.
    Last edited by NyaChan; 31st March 2010 at 01:01 PM.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Shiny Lucas is 1 in 8192 FusengerShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're right about that. I for one have not, largely due to the fact that I cannot read Japanese at all.

Av via Zurr

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    edit: and in general, like I said, I'm pretty sure none of you have even seen the HGSS slots. They're a lot easier to read the wheels on (specifically the 7s) and are much different than the DPPt slots.
    I, for one, haven't seen any incarnation of the slots of Gen IV. Hey, thanks, Nintendo of Europe.

By the way, are the slots in (JP)HGSS similar to the ones in the original GSC? I remember that the occasional Chansey (which rolled the last wheel until it had a matching symbol) was quite helpful back in Gold.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksemanr View Post
    I've made it to level 8. Failed on it though. The game does require a little bit of luck, but can mostly be solved with a bit of math and thinking. Occasionally it'll come down to a 50/50 guess between two squares, but up until then the rest of the squares can usually be flipped or ruled out with some math.

I've only bother to get 9999 coins though to buy Porygon, as you can get every other Pokemon in the wild. Eevee? Get it from Bill and breed it. Dratini? Dragon Master ES Dratini, breed it for more ES Dratinis, or just catch them inside the Dragon's Den from surfing (or Safari Zone by fishing). Porygon was the only thing there was to buy (none of my team needs any of the TMs you can buy from it) and even that isn't a Pokemon I like, just got it for Dex reasons.

Though personally, I find the Voltorb Flip pretty fun, and much better than those crappy slots.
    Neither Porygon nor Eevee is on the prize list.

And to those who say the slots were timing based, how come I never got more than 3 coins profit total in one hour outside of pokeball/clefairy mode, and only got more than 100 coins profit total during the Clefairy bonus rounds? My opinion is that they're rigged to make you lose outside of Clefairy mode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    I, for one, haven't seen any incarnation of the slots of Gen IV. Hey, thanks, Nintendo of Europe.

By the way, are the slots in (JP)HGSS similar to the ones in the original GSC? I remember that the occasional Chansey (which rolled the last wheel until it had a matching symbol) was quite helpful back in Gold.
    I... honestly don't remember GSC's slots. ^^;;> If I work a bit I can go about getting there again in my reset Gold game (Crystal's long since died), but the chansey thing isn't there to put it simply. I can go about recording the slots for those who would like to see it, if there isn't already a video on youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    And to those who say the slots were timing based, how come I never got more than 3 coins profit total in one hour outside of pokeball/clefairy mode, and only got more than 100 coins profit total during the Clefairy bonus rounds? My opinion is that they're rigged to make you lose outside of Clefairy mode.
    Cry more or whatever. =3= They're not rigged, like I said: Read. the. wheels. It's slightly harder on DPPt's slots, but it's not impossible. HGSS's slots are slightly easier, but either way. Slots are by default timing based, no matter how crappy you are at it. It merely means you aren't paying that much attention to the slots or your timing is off. Don't blame the game when others can clearly win things off it. Hello, I just said I 15x'd my Platinum coin count from 200 --> 3000, and that wasn't purely the bonus/clefairy round.
    Last edited by NyaChan; 31st March 2010 at 05:30 PM.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Neither Porygon nor Eevee is on the prize list.
    Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    Celadon
    Celadon who?
    Celadon Game Corner

Cry more or whatever. =3= They're not rigged, like I said: Read. the. wheels. It's slightly harder on DPPt's slots, but it's not impossible. HGSS's slots are slightly easier, but either way. Slots are buy default timing based, no matter how crappy you are at it. It merely means you aren't paying that much attention to the slots or your timing is off. Don't blame the game when others can clearly win things off it. Hello, I just said I 15x'd my Platinum coin count from 200 --> 3000, and that wasn't purely the bonus/clefairy round.
    Then the slots are time based if you're able to read the wheels. Maybe they aren't as luck based as I thought, and if you're able to read the wheels and hit the buttons at the right time, then you're good. You obviously seem to enjoy the slots more because you're able to do this.

I, personally, enjoy the Voltorb Flip more cause I like those types of logic games. While there is an element of luck in it, I, personally, feel like I have more control over how much money I get.

Another thing I like about Voltorb Flip compared to the slots is I don't have to pay to play.

Never gonna give you up Ksemanr's Avatar

Nya, my reason for hating the slots isn't because they are "luck based", or because I have "trouble with timing". My reason is because I just plain don't find them fun. At all. I would rather just spend all my Pokedollars on coins instead and buy my prizes that way. Voltorb Flip on the other, is both easy with a little bit of logic, and fun at the same time.
    A Final Opinion Is Of Less Value Than An Appreciation Of And Tolerance For Obscurity

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even though I have figured out the Voltorb Flip game, I still prefer the slots. I have actually seen the Slots in the original Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions which have Smeargle I believe.

By the way NyaChan most things you can find on Youtube nowadays as people post most of the Pokemon Game Corner games.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksemanr View Post
    Nya, my reason for hating the slots isn't because they are "luck based", or because I have "trouble with timing". My reason is because I just plain don't find them fun. At all. I would rather just spend all my Pokedollars on coins instead and buy my prizes that way. Voltorb Flip on the other, is both easy with a little bit of logic, and fun at the same time.
    And not everyone finds Voltorb Flip fun. I find it much to time consuming and boring when it's not even meant to be a side quest but more of a minigame. I'm sorry but when I can get 1000 coins in an average of 10 minutes on slots why would I bother with voltorb flip. Half the time spent playing voltorb flip is staring at it doing math in my head, and that is not fun to me. I like the fast pace of the slots. At least with the slots in place people could buy coins if they wanted the prizes but didn't want to play the game, this however practically forces you to if you want anything.

But whatever, have fun with your maths or whatever. I will enjoy my slots and hope they don't remove them from future Japanese games because of stupid european laws.

@Trainer Hibiki Yeah I know you can find almost anything on youtube, I just don't go looking because I don't care. Most of what I want to watch is on NicoNicoDouga. :P

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

At least with the slots in place people could buy coins if they wanted the prizes but didn't want to play the game, this however practically forces you to if you want anything.
    This isn't a flaw in Voltorb Flip, though. They didn't have to remove the buyable coins, but they did for some reason.

But yeah, different people enjoy different things, I suppose you can't ever please everyone.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Gah! I want the slots back, but that's because I can win at them. And also just buy the dang coins...

I spent 5 hours playing the darn thing, and I can't get past level 4. Congrats to the people who have the logic to win though.

Maybe if they put the slots back in and keep the Voltorb Flip in the 5th generation? It'd make everyone a little happier.

Guess it all depends on the person..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast