Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Default Re: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

You guys know that you can get most of these Pokemon (Dratini, Eevee, Abra, etc.) in the wild, or for free, right?

I doubt you can get the TM's though.

Of course, in the case of Dratini, you can't find it until you reach Blackthorn, right? So I suppose getting it early would save you from grinding it later on.

If everyone wore a trenchcoat, the world would be a better place. Fedoras optional.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blodsho View Post

Of course, in the case of Dratini, you can't find it until you reach Blackthorn, right? So I suppose getting it early would save you from grinding it later on.
    You can get the TM's elsewhere.

But yeah, the corner is the only place to get multiples of them.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodsho View Post

Exactly. Getting that Dratini (and then later Dragonair) to finally evolve into a Dragonite at lvl 55 is a pain, specially when you're close to the E4 but you aren't quite ready. At least by doing it this way, it's at the same level as the rest of my pokemon and gives me a while to get his levels up.

I'm getting a little better now.
    Got up to Lv. 4 last night.

I've gotten to Level 6, but barely have any coins now because I was just trying to get the Dratini.
    Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity.

Platinum FC: 2665-1784-2682

Blog Entries

I have gotten up to L:6 with that kind of strategy. Eventually, it gets into your head exactly what kinds of point values must be in there to fulfill the sum. In addition, I may have found out that there is a sort of level quota you have to fill to stay in that level. You have to flip the same amount of spaces as the number of the level. If you don't, it bumps you down to the level corresponding to the number of spaces you did flip, not counting the voltorb that killed you. I tend to stall for an easier board to solve, because it is random what the difficulty of the board will be. I am learning to take greater risks, because it seems the levels do get trickier the further you go along. Not to mention with the point values rising, there is less chance of there being rows filled with only ones and voltorbs. I personally hate it when there's four voltorbs and one multiplier in there, because you have to figure out where all those four voltorbs are before you can click the last spot for your multiplier. Most of the time, it will even tease you about it. "Is this what you're expecting?" I didn't know a game could be a jerk, but this one sure is. Then again, it tends to tease about certain spaces, and there may be no discernable reason for it do so. It seems for these higher levels, I have to be prepared for the rows almost having no ones at all, and just hope to land on something that scores.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Is that how it calculates the drop? I haven't paid too much attention, but I know that it sucks. They'll even drop you for quitting early, I don't know how it's figured either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    "Is this what you're expecting?" I didn't know a game could be a jerk, but this one sure is.
    LOL agreed completely!
    Everytime I get that, I can't help but cringe. It's really annoying that not much luck is actually involved in this game, however, when luck DOES become involved, I always lose! xD

I could manage myself a Dratini and playing up to lvl 4, though. So I was really happy. But I want to have a bazzilion points like the person who started this post! lol

blog . graphics shop . fan club
    black 2 friend code: 2452-4043-7771

This game DOES involve too much luck. Seriously, why couldn't it be a game where if you knew what you were doing, you'd certainly win. Taking into consideration the numbers on the sides will only give you a slight advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    This game DOES involve too much luck. Seriously, why couldn't it be a game where if you knew what you were doing, you'd certainly win. Taking into consideration the numbers on the sides will only give you a slight advantage.
    Less luck than the slots though...

What do you not understand about it? I'd be willing to help.

Never gonna give you up Ksemanr's Avatar

I've made it to level 8. Failed on it though. The game does require a little bit of luck, but can mostly be solved with a bit of math and thinking. Occasionally it'll come down to a 50/50 guess between two squares, but up until then the rest of the squares can usually be flipped or ruled out with some math.

I've only bother to get 9999 coins though to buy Porygon, as you can get every other Pokemon in the wild. Eevee? Get it from Bill and breed it. Dratini? Dragon Master ES Dratini, breed it for more ES Dratinis, or just catch them inside the Dragon's Den from surfing (or Safari Zone by fishing). Porygon was the only thing there was to buy (none of my team needs any of the TMs you can buy from it) and even that isn't a Pokemon I like, just got it for Dex reasons.

Though personally, I find the Voltorb Flip pretty fun, and much better than those crappy slots.
    A Final Opinion Is Of Less Value Than An Appreciation Of And Tolerance For Obscurity

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Voltorb Flip is actually a lot harder than I thought. I haven't got past level 3, and the highest number of coins on a single play was 96. Guess I need to practice that more.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

My Highest level was 7. So tense.

I have like 11,000 coins, I had more but there was that Ekans and those TMs...

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    The game is almost entirely logic based not luck based.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksemanr View Post
    Though personally, I find the Voltorb Flip pretty fun, and much better than those crappy slots.
    You guys don't even know what the slots are like in HGSS. =3= And guys, this IS partially luck based, as the slots are (which are timing and luck based). When it comes down to it, there are many squares with the same percentage chance of being a bomb or not, that is called luck people. =__= You only complain saying the slots are all luck because you can't read the wheels. Don't give me the "it sometimes delays your hit" because that's when it's trying to help you by lining up things (Like 7s). >T

Sort-of On topic: Quadrupled my coins (1000 --> 4000) in my JP SS in a single sitting a few days ago. Also 15x'd my Platinum coin count (200 --> 3000) in a single sitting the other day too. Do not care about voltorb flip.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast