Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Default Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Voltorb Flip dominations. Get your Level 8 on.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Show me how you play and make my heart pound with excitement!

Somebody close this thread. Sketch, SaturnYoshi, anyone!

Seriously, this is not the place to brag. Try blogging.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

13,000? I have about 30 coins...I applaud you people for being able to sit through this flip game without wanting to commit suicide.

Somebody close this thread. Sketch, SaturnYoshi, anyone!

Seriously, this is not the place to brag. Try blogging.
    It's not bragging (not in the "This thread is just for ME and ONLY ME to show off" sense), IMO, it's just a thread for people to post their Voltorb Flip high scores.

So discussing VOF wins and technique is a waste of time, compared to:
    "blab about what you are currently doing in the game" (SO not a blog)
    "blab about how well you can trick the pokewalker into giving you free steps" (cheaters gonna cheat)
    "blab about which legendaries you didn't use Master Ball on" (it was almost caught!)
    "let's go on for hours on the details of Lyra's hat and hairstyle" (how enlightening)

You're just upset because you were trying to flip a 5/0 row, miss-clicked, and blew up while everyone else is buying Eevees.

How about a mod clean up the big dookie you, SharKing, dumped in this thread so we can get back on the topic of one of the HGSS minigames.

Blog Entries

Sharking just misunderstood, Obsolete Disks. There is no reason to insult him like that.
    My highest level: 4
    Current coins: 1??? (don't remember )

My highest level so far was 6, I think. It's really addictive. I think the people who complained about it being too hard or involving too much luck were exaggerating. You can easily win coins in the hundreds just by getting to level four. I've gotten 5000-some coins so far.

My highest level: 1
    Coins: 6
    How did I get 6? By quitting.
    I really don't understand this game, I really suck at it.

I'm the Blaze Master now! InfernoFlames's Avatar
    On a boat to Castelia City harbor for the bacon
    Blog Entries

Can anyone help a guy who can't play this game for beans? seriously, i can only get to level 3 be4 i start making terrible luck-based moves. It's like i'm a voltorb magnet or something

3DS FC: 2492-4691-1324
    I
    URPG Trainer Stats

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't get past level 7 :( I become pretty good at it while getting Ice Beam, 10000 coins took a bit to much time, I have about 20 left for now.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

I've gotten a little over 3000 coins in total so far and I think the highest level I got to (and beat) was 4 or 5.

Yeah, it's way easier to get coins in this than the slots, but you can't buy them. Plus I loved to just sit at the slots in GSC and waste everything just 'cause. Still, while it's not exactly minesweeper, it's actually not too different once you know what's going on, so for that I think it's alright. I just won't be going there to waste time too often.

Also, anyone whose played the Japanese HG/SS, are the slots programmed to work like they did back in GSC, or are they like DPPt's, or are they something new altogether? Just curious is all.

If everyone wore a trenchcoat, the world would be a better place. Fedoras optional.

Shiny Lucas is 1 in 8192 FusengerShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've gotten no higher than Lv. 5, but I have over 6300 coins.

One mostly workable strategy I came across online somewhere is to mark off all the rows and columns whose point value and Voltorb count add up to 5. The reason being that all that can be there in those blocks are 1s or Voltorbs, so mark them accordingly. Also, if there are any 0 Voltorb rows or columns, flip them first. From there on out, it's simple mathematics to figure out where the remaining 1s or Voltorbs might be. (Also, 5-Voltorb rows/columns are very, very helpful as long as you don't accidentally flip them.)

There's still some luck involved even then, but I've gotten further using that strategy than I ever did on my own.

Av via Zurr

The highest level I beat was 7. 50000 coins is appearently the limit, had that amount of coins a few days ago. Bought TMs for my HG, becuse I wanted to play more :P Reached 50000 coins today again, so I had to go and buy some other random TMs.

Platinum FC: 3051 8151 6715

Credits to Vasili1097 for Shadow Arcanine ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by FusengerShadow View Post
    One mostly workable strategy I came across online somewhere is to mark off all the rows and columns whose point value and Voltorb count add up to 5. The reason being that all that can be there in those blocks are 1s or Voltorbs, so mark them accordingly.
    I've tried explaining that to three of my friends, none of them got it... or they're just being too stubborn about not being able to buy the coins. It's been the strategy I've been using since I realized what the numbers meant and that the one cards don't do anything.

Don't make Twilight angry PokemonHero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One mostly workable strategy I came across online somewhere is to mark off all the rows and columns whose point value and Voltorb count add up to 5. The reason being that all that can be there in those blocks are 1s or Voltorbs, so mark them accordingly. Also, if there are any 0 Voltorb rows or columns, flip them first. From there on out, it's simple mathematics to figure out where the remaining 1s or Voltorbs might be. (Also, 5-Voltorb rows/columns are very, very helpful as long as you don't accidentally flip them.)

There's still some luck involved even then, but I've gotten further using that strategy than I ever did on my own.
    Indeed, that is my strategy as well. I always check that out first. As well, I make sure once I flip some things over to make sure whether I can determine if something is a 1 or a Voltorb. It really sucks when I miss one.

Agreed. Find the ones that are 5 Voltorbs, 0 Voltorbs, or where the numbers and Voltorbs equal up to 5, then mark/flip accordingly.

Another one I mark is if it says there are 3 points and 4 Voltorbs, I then know that there must be a 3 pointer in there somewhere. If I flip some cards then find that in a row there is now only 1s or voltorbs left, then I flip those as well.

If stuck, where I don't have a definite starting point, I take a slight risk by finding the column with highest points and fewest voltorbs (like 8 points and 2 Voltorbs) and match that with the row that's also the highest pointer and fewer voltorb, and flip that square. If anything, it gives me something of a starting point, and if it's a voltorb...no loss. Usually is some sort of a pointer, like a 3 or 2.

I think I got all the way up to lvl 7? I was trying to get coins for Dratini, so if I was stuck at a "this one or that one" risk with a high number of coins, I'd just "quit" and collect the coins I had earned instead of taking a risk.

Only have 25 coins though...spent them all on Dratini.

Overall though, I love this game. :] I think it's great how it takes some skill to play. Once you know what you're doing, it's fine.

For those who don't understand it, keep playing. You don't lose coins you already have, so no penalty. Try and figure it out. You'll notice numbers on the side and bottom. Those tell you how many points are in a row or column along with how many Voltorbs. Once it clicks, it's so much easier.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast