Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG? Post your thoughts and ideas here!!

Thread: Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG? Post your thoughts and ideas here!!

Default Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG? Post your thoughts and ideas here!!

Hello Everybody, I have seen several video reviews on youtube about how people think Pokemon can improve and one of the things that a lot of people wish for to happen is a Pokemon MMORPG. But I want to know what you guys think. Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG by Nintendo? And if so, post all your thoughts on what it should include as well as all the features that would make it a great MMORPG as well as what videogame system it should be on. The more ideas, the better ^_^.

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG? Post your thoughts and ideas here!!

No. It's a bad idea. MMORPG's have monthly subscriptions, gold members, griefers, chats that can get inappropriate, and would probably have trolls that use cheated lvl. 100 ubers. You also need internet connection, and a lot of people just like to play in the car or on some other thing away from internet.

Humanity's Stongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

Default Re: Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG? Post your thoughts and ideas here!!

No, I prefer the handheld games. Ive always enjoyed playing the games on my systems, I really dont like the concept of playing a Pokemon game totally online. Online features are nice though. I dont see it happening, Game Freak wants the games to remain portable, and I think they are better portable. With a DS, you can take it wherever you go, with an Online Multiplayer game, you're stuck at a computer.

Blog Entries

From a certain perspective it is a good idea. The Pokémon world, being very vast, seems oriented to MMORPGs. It would also be nice to have better user-to-user interactions, and possibly quicker updates and an even more expansive world.

However,

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I think they are better portable.
    Yes. The pokémon games are games that you are glued to. Games that you carry everywhere and can't put down. Games that you could play in an elevator, in the car, while sitting on a random bench. That is one of the many good things about pokémon, and you can't exactly play an online game anywhere.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Junichi Masuda has categorically said no and I have to agree with him. He believes the big thing about Pokémon is physically bringing people together to play with each other and I really do support that.

heropon very cool! Winterdaze's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

One of the charms of Pokemon is the portable format, which lets you interact with other players in real life. Not to mention I don't think that Pokemon is suitable to be made into an MMO in the first place. The franchise has better things it could be doing.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow MonsterMMORPG On Twitter Add MonsterMMORPG on Facebook Add MonsterMMORPG on Google+
    Add MonsterMMORPG on Linkedin Visit MonsterMMORPG's Youtube Channel

unfortunately nintendo is against such genre and tends to shut down fan made ones