Should a new weather be added in Gen VI? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Default Re: Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    I think that they should expand on the current weathers that they have, instead of bringing in new ones. Sun/Rain gets a wide variety of abilities, and Hail/Sandstorm doesn't get any of the abilities that Sun and Rain get. More abilities would be cool IMO, as well as having more Pokemon being able to use weather effectively, and getting these abilities.
    Sand has it just as good as the other two, imo. Tyranitar and even Hippowdon are great Pokemon, unlike Ninetails/Abomasnow/Politoed who need their ability to be useful.

Sand Rush rivals Swift Swim and Chlorophyll, which is what makes the Weather teams so dangerous for the most part. Dry Skin/Solar Power can be a very good, but also a very bad ability. Sand Force isn't as good as either of them, but it isn't bad by any means. Sand also gets Sand Veil.

Hail, however, has Snow Cloak and Ice Body, which are actually quite good. Biggest problem is only Ice types get them, and they have terrible defensive typing. The two Hail abilities are for defensive Pokemon best.
    Significantly less Pokemon get Sand Rush in comparison to Chlorophyll and Swift Swim though, which why I also said that I think more Pokemon need to get these abilities. I think things like Sand Force and Solar Power should also be available on a few more Pokemon as well. Hail definitely needs a few ore abilities, like a hail equivalent of Chlorophyll and Hydration.

On the point of more Pokemon getting abilities though, I think that more Pokemon outside of the weather specific types could get abilities. Like you said, there isn't a Pokemon outside of the Ice type that has a Hail ability, and I think more Pokemon like Charizard with Solar Power and Cacturne with Sand Veil would be good. I'm not saying that the current weathers are bad, I just think they could focus on them a bit more, and integrate them into the game more; like making more weather routes and making more it common and usable to more than a few specific Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Though I don't like it's overworld effect (well, mostly that I need a HM to properly navigate it), I can't see why they removed Fog to begin with. Then again, I don't think it was that popular, and if it means one less HM, I don't mind it going away. I just find it odd that they removed it pretty much altogether.

Also, I'm sick and tired of that every time it snows in the overworld, it's pretty much interpreted as hail. There's a pretty big difference, and it annoys me to no end. I'm not saying they should include snow as a weather effect in that regard, but it could be cool that it just snowed quietly in the background of the battle scene. It's just a minor touch though.

Windy weather could work, though I think it should rather work as a permanent (although perhaps weakened) Tailwind, in one direction or the other (based on some criteria, or just random). That's just me though.
    IMO, fog could be revamped if they brought it back. Reduced accuracy on both sides was more annoying than anything for me, since it didn't really have any benefits in the route it was in. If it was a weather you could use, I could see it being used to help Pokemon set up, or give more frail Pokemon a chance, and since the accuracy drop affected both sides, it had a drawback to the user and I don't think it could be really counted as a form of hax.

The windy weather condition seems like a good idea, but I also like the idea of a random weather condition that affects each team either randomly, or periodically. Boosting the speed of Flying Types would give them a huge advantage, but it would have to boost both sides, and I don't think it should double their speed like Tailwind does. A 1.5x boost would be good, the same way that Rain and Sun boost their types by 1.5x.

The prospect of a randomised condition would be cool as well, like a distortion world or something, where each team randomly gets boosts to random stats, or even just like both teams get randomised stats like Moody does.
    Synthesis likes this.

We could have a fog where stat modifiers are negated (a la Haze + Mist) as opposed to reduced accuracy on both sides. Though such a move needs to be more readily available than haze. In addition, an exception needs to be added for moves such as Overheat, otherwise, they'd be abused to no end if this fog were put in place.

What I would like more than any new weather is for weather moves to be used outside of battle. Controlling the weather = awesomeness.

Blog Entries

I always liked the weather how it is. Don't want new weather added, but would like to see different effects in play. I don't mind hail giving a defense boost like you mentioned, and I also wouldn't mind others to aid other Pokemon. Although it would make the gameplay more...difficult to cope it, or to me it would since I never used the weather to its advantage, others could take advantage of it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well they can't use a weather to benefit Flying types because they already used the name "Hurricane" for an offensive move, so acid rain is the only weather effect left, which will benefit Poison types.
    Bill Cipher likes this.

I think hail should buff ice type defense (Perhaps then we may see some Regice usage) and I think that instead of introducing more weather, they should introduce more things that stop it (Like Cloud 9). Perhaps a weather neutralizing move (That could deal a tiny bit of damage as well) would be beneficial.

By the way, I like the idea of acid rain, Perhaps it could be set up differently though, like an ability that means that if rain is on the field the Pokemon turns it to Acid Rain.

To be honest, I'd rather see more focus on other field effects rather than dragging on weather any longer.
    Bill Cipher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    I think hail should buff ice type defense (Perhaps then we may see some Regice usage) and I think that instead of introducing more weather, they should introduce more things that stop it (Like Cloud 9). Perhaps a weather neutralizing move (That could deal a tiny bit of damage as well) would be beneficial.

By the way, I like the idea of acid rain, Perhaps it could be set up differently though, like an ability that means that if rain is on the field the Pokemon turns it to Acid Rain.

To be honest, I'd rather see more focus on other field effects rather than dragging on weather any longer.
    If Hail gave a defense/sp. defense boost, maybe Glaceon would see some use as well. Combined with Snow Cloak, it would be interesting.

Acid Rain could be setup so any non-poison pokemon receive damage each turn, but poison types get some recovery. You could even have a toxic-like effect for pokemon who decide to remain in battle with Acid Rain active.
    Trainer Yusuf and Bill Cipher like this.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Acid Rain should give a 1.5x more power-thing, unaffect steel-types, rock-types, bug-types, and grass-types, and also have a 10% chance of poisoning a mon. Which could make it uber in competitive play.

A weather effect based on weight would be an interesting idea because the teams you could built around it would still have nice type synergy. There could be a windy weather which deals damage at the end of the turn with heavier Pokemon taking less damage. There could also be an effect that replaces everything on the field's speed with the inverse of its weight, meaning that the lighter you are the faster you are.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought of a condition called Electro-magnetic field. Basically it boosts the power of Psychic, Ghost and Electric moves. I included Psychic and Ghost since it is believed that Paranormal activities are related to electromagnetism. The weather will also be abused by abilities which boost evasion, etc. Now imagine an Alakazam abusing this weather.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Acid rain would be pretty cool if it damaged non-Poison types similar to how Toxic works. I'd love if Cloud Nine or Air Lock were permanent effects and not just while the Pokemon was on the field. Lickilicky would by ten times more usable with a good ability like that, and same with others.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Acid rain would be pretty cool if it damaged non-Poison types similar to how Toxic works. I'd love if Cloud Nine or Air Lock were permanent effects and not just while the Pokemon was on the field. Lickilicky would by ten times more usable with a good ability like that, and same with others.
    This. An ability that was like remove any weather on being sent, as opposed to negating weather, could be quite useful, and could give weather teams more threats outside of other weather teams.

I think a move that removes weather would be really interesting for the next generation.

A darkness effect might be cool that boosts the defenses of Dark, Ghost and Psychic types (Or perhaps allows these move types to get +1 priority).

Blog Entries

I think a move that removes weather would be really interesting for the next generation.

A darkness effect might be cool that boosts the defenses of Dark, Ghost and Psychic types (Or perhaps allows these move types to get +1 priority).
    That'd be incredibly broken in-game and competitively.

Well Psychic, Ghost and Dark are well known for having terrible defensive typing. Especially if it was a 4 turn field effect, I don't think it would be all that broken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12