Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

Should a new weather be added in Gen VI? Should certain weathers be nerfed/buffed? Discuss.

Firstly I think hail should be buffed. Hail should give a defense boost to Ice types - sandstorm already gives a sp. defense boost to Rock, Ground and Steel types, and Ice would really do with a defense boost (it would help Regice be the defensive beast it used to be).

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

Sure, a new weather effect should be made. Like Acid Rain. Hehe...
    Pidgeot, mwetwe and Trainer Yusuf like this.

Blog Entries

Shadow Sky should happen in the next gen, for Darks and Ghosts rather than Shadow pokémon, just because I like Darks and Ghosts.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Sand only gives Rock types a Special Defense boost. I don't know though. Maybe an ability that can bring Fog into play similar to Drought or Drizzle, but no new weather.

Visit SparkStatic's Youtube Channel

maybe extreme wind that makes flying moves more powerful...
    Water Max likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Sand only gives Rock types a Special Defense boost. I don't know though. Maybe an ability that can bring Fog into play similar to Drought or Drizzle, but no new weather.
    Nope, Sandstorm gives Rock, Ground and Steel a Sp. D boost. I think Fog would just be banned in competitive play, as the evasion on both sides would be so frustrating and unfair. Just like Double Team and Minimize.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    Nope, Sandstorm gives Rock, Ground and Steel a Sp. D boost. I think Fog would just be banned in competitive play, as the evasion on both sides would be so frustrating and unfair. Just like Double Team and Minimize.
    5th Gen Guide to Sandstorm Article - Smogon Community

The boost is just for Rock types, as listed on Smogon, Bulbapedia, etc.

Yeah, Fog would be quite annoying, although it's unlikely to get affected. I also don't think Hail will give Ice types a Defense boost anytime in the foreseeable future.

Maybe a windy weather, similar to Tailwind, but giving Flying types a Speed boost.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

I think that they should expand on the current weathers that they have, instead of bringing in new ones. Sun/Rain gets a wide variety of abilities, and Hail/Sandstorm doesn't get any of the abilities that Sun and Rain get. More abilities would be cool IMO, as well as having more Pokemon being able to use weather effectively, and getting these abilities.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Nope, Sandstorm gives Rock, Ground and Steel a Sp. D boost.
    Only Rock types.
    "...all Rock-type Pokémon will have their Special Defense raised by 50% for the duration of the sandstorm."

~ Sandstorm (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I checked again on Bulbapedia, and I found out it does indeed only raise Rock type's Sp. D. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

And I guess a permanent Tail Wind could be quite nice. Maybe it could also multiply the power of wind based moves by 1.5 - it would make Air Cutter, Gust, Twister, and Air Slash stronger, though it may make Aeroblast and Hurricane a bit broken.

Blog Entries

I checked again on Bulbapedia, and I found out it does indeed only raise Rock type's Sp. D. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

And I guess a permanent Tail Wind could be quite nice. Maybe it could also multiply the power of wind based moves by 1.5 - it would make Air Cutter, Gust, Twister, and Air Slash stronger, though it may make Aeroblast and Hurricane a bit broken.
    That's actually really cool, giving Pokemon like Pidgeot/Yanmega and some others more of a competitive edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    I think that they should expand on the current weathers that they have, instead of bringing in new ones. Sun/Rain gets a wide variety of abilities, and Hail/Sandstorm doesn't get any of the abilities that Sun and Rain get. More abilities would be cool IMO, as well as having more Pokemon being able to use weather effectively, and getting these abilities.
    Sand has it just as good as the other two, imo. Tyranitar and even Hippowdon are great Pokemon, unlike Ninetails/Abomasnow/Politoed who need their ability to be useful.

Sand Rush rivals Swift Swim and Chlorophyll, which is what makes the Weather teams so dangerous for the most part. Dry Skin/Solar Power can be a very good, but also a very bad ability. Sand Force isn't as good as either of them, but it isn't bad by any means. Sand also gets Sand Veil.

Hail, however, has Snow Cloak and Ice Body, which are actually quite good. Biggest problem is only Ice types get them, and they have terrible defensive typing. The two Hail abilities are for defensive Pokemon best.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I'd say windy weather or nothing. I don't really think we need any more weather to be honest, we have enough already.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Only thing they should do is give us windy weather and incorporate the effects of Sunny Day, Rain, Hail, and Windy Weather on a daily basis based on the season, with random freak occurrences, like indian summer heat for fall, or a freak shower in the summer.

Trophies

Think they should only bring a new weather if a new move can be implimented with it E.g hail inflicts damage if its hailing in the area. How about wind could lower accuracy. I dont know :P

BUt I hate sandstorm, I never vists dp route 228 just because of sandstorm.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Though I don't like it's overworld effect (well, mostly that I need a HM to properly navigate it), I can't see why they removed Fog to begin with. Then again, I don't think it was that popular, and if it means one less HM, I don't mind it going away. I just find it odd that they removed it pretty much altogether.

Also, I'm sick and tired of that every time it snows in the overworld, it's pretty much interpreted as hail. There's a pretty big difference, and it annoys me to no end. I'm not saying they should include snow as a weather effect in that regard, but it could be cool that it just snowed quietly in the background of the battle scene. It's just a minor touch though.

Windy weather could work, though I think it should rather work as a permanent (although perhaps weakened) Tailwind, in one direction or the other (based on some criteria, or just random). That's just me though.
    Dread Advocate likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast