Should I go ahead and get D/P?

Thread: Should I go ahead and get D/P?

Default Should I go ahead and get D/P?

Alright, D/P has finally been released, and I'm pumped about all the new pokemon and everything else as much as you guys are, but me and my cousin were starting to ponder the thought of getting the japanese D/P. My only problem with this is that I don't know what the hell their saying, or what moves mean so I could be at a disadvantage. He goes "But I beat Mysterious Dunegon in Japanese", two different games; I know. If I were to go ahead and get it, I'd be getting it with a DS lite for Xmas, and when the english D/P comes out, we'll get those and just trade our good pokemon over, and possibly sell the japanese ones. Thoughts?
    Bulbagarden Forums: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

You know, there's a DP forum for a reason... *moves*

Should be quite doable. I played Sapphire in Japanese with the help of online data to help with attack names and such. You can select roman characters in the naming screens, so your pokémon won't be forced to have Japanese character names.

It will require a certain effort to learn to recognise the names. But learning basic katakana and hiranaga scripts and a small amount of Japanese isn't too hard, and can be fun and useful!

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I think its best if you know japanese. You feel seperated from the game if you don't. The reason being is because even though you know japanese, the names of moves, characteristics, and pokemon can still be different from the english version, so its a lot of memorizing of that too.

I also don't think there is a guide out right now, maybe there will be after you have gotten the game, but I don't see there being one for some time now.

Actually, I've heard their is so many icons that knwoing Japanese is not that neccessary.