Should Gender Ratios be 50/50 for most Pokémon - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Should Gender Ratios be 50/50 for most Pokémon

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Gender Ratios be 50/50 for most Pokémon

Yes, I think the game gender-ratios are about right, although a little annoying sometimes. If it were so easy to get females starters and rare Pokemon, I can imagine the flood of them in the GTS...thus making the Pokemon not very uncommon anymore.
    And BillSpringerJr., that is an awesome avatar. XD

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    No. Because a male Miltank would disturb me beyond all thought.
    In all seriousness, nah, the genders are fine the way they are (and a good chunk are already 50/50). The rule as stated above tends to apply to rare Pokémon; the lower chances of getting a female is to keep that uniqueness in tact.
    No I think you misunderstood I'm not talking about Pokémon who are one gendered like Tauros and Miltank. What I'm talking about is Pokémon who have the chance of either being Male or Female like the chance of a Charmander being Male is 87.5% and the chance of it being Female is 12.5%. My question being is do you think it should be changed so that all Pokémon who have the chance of being either Male or Female are 50%.
    Lopunny (based on bunny girls), Gardevoir (it's wearing a ballroom gown), Gothitelle (original name has madmoiselle in it ;_;)... personally, some pokemons have feminine origins or characteristics that should make higher female ratios reasonable, not 50:50.
    Another ridiculous thing is the Snubbull and Granbull have a gender ratio of 3 females to 1 male, despite masculine appearances (common bulldogs looks masculine to me). I think they shall be 87.5% males to 12.5% females instead.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by SwampertShoes View Post
    Yes, I think the game gender-ratios are about right, although a little annoying sometimes. If it were so easy to get females starters and rare Pokemon, I can imagine the flood of them in the GTS...thus making the Pokemon not very uncommon anymore.
    And BillSpringerJr., that is an awesome avatar. XD
    Thank you your grace, I made it all by myself like a big boy. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post
    Thank you your grace, I made it all by myself like a big boy. XD
    Oh, hah! Ever since Diamond and Pearl, Gyarados have been my worst enemy. *Laughs*

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    In all seriousness, nah, the genders are fine the way they are (and a good chunk are already 50/50). The rule as stated above tends to apply to rare Pokémon; the lower chances of getting a female is to keep that uniqueness in tact.
    No I think you misunderstood I'm not talking about Pokémon who are one gendered like Tauros and Miltank. What I'm talking about is Pokémon who have the chance of either being Male or Female like the chance of a Charmander being Male is 87.5% and the chance of it being Female is 12.5%. My question being is do you think it should be changed so that all Pokémon who have the chance of being either Male or Female are 50%.
    Lopunny (based on bunny girls), Gardevoir (it's wearing a ballroom gown), Gothitelle (original name has madmoiselle in it ;_;)... personally, some pokemons have feminine origins or characteristics that should make higher female ratios reasonable, not 50:50.
    Another ridiculous thing is the Snubull and Granbull have a gender ratio of 3 females to 1 male, despite masculine appearances (common bulldogs looks masculine to me). I think they shall be 87.5% males to 12.5% females instead.
    I think Snubbull and Granbull should have 50:50 gender ratios instead. The Lillipup line ends up with rockin' mustaches (they are terriers after all) and they're 50:50, so the Snubbull line should be the same in my opinion.
    Last edited by Miles101; 2nd February 2013 at 10:35 AM.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Another ridiculous thing is the Snubull and Granbull have a gender ratio of 3 females to 1 male, despite masculine appearances (common bulldogs looks masculine to me). I think they shall be 87.5% males to 12.5% females instead.
    I think Snubbull and Granbull should have 50:50 gender ratios instead. The Lillipup line ends up with rockin' mustaches (they are terriers after all) and they're 50:50, so the Snubbull line should be the same in my opinion.
    Yeah I can pretty much agree with what your saying 100%.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Nope. Many animal populations have highly skewed sex ratios, why shouldn't some Pokemon be the same?

The Jet Black Pokemon Ninja_Oscar's Avatar

Follow Ninja_Oscar on Tumblr

It never bothered me :P But I guess so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12