Should GameFreak start listening to fan suggestions? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should GF start listening to fan suggestions?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 11.84%
  • No

28 36.84%
  • Don't know

0 0%
  • Depends on the ideas

39 51.32%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should GameFreak start listening to fan suggestions?

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should GameFreak start listening to fan suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    No. Even if the rest of the community could vote on an idea, polls can be greatly misinterpreted. Just look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It wasn't given a deep storyline based on a poll on Club Nintendo about whether you enjoyed Super Paper Mario's story. Most of the people who played that game were probably children who didn't care about story and so said "no" because there were only two options. End result, only 1% of people seem to have enjoyed SPM's story and they make sure not to include another one in Sticker Star. I know it's in a different context (people were voting on story and not fan suggestions) but it's the same idea. I don't want that sort of thing happening with Pokémon.
    That DID happen with Black and White. They mentioned that Unova was streamlined because Japanese kids found the part at the climax of DPT where you had to journey to each of the lakes difficult, iirc.
    *readying I_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_any_more.jpg*

Ahem.

OK, maybe it's not that bad. But I am disappointed to hear they actually did that - especially with the fact that in both cases only one group of people got to vote. The fact that Unova was streamlined isn't actually too bad, but maybe they should have looked internationally too.
    And that's another thing - with all the events Japanese cartidges have access to, 5 euros say that only Japanese would be able to sumbit fan suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. Shout outs and such, fine. But GF knows how to make a Pokémon game, not the fans. And hearing some of these suggestions fans have, I hope they don't give in any time soon.

NO! Sorry for the emphasis, but after being a fan for so many years, I have seen some lousy fan ideas during that course in time and thanking the pokegods that it is only fan fodder. Please leave the game making to the professionals, not a bunch of entitled kids who spend too much time on sh*tty RP sites. :(

Under partial construction

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    And that's another thing - with all the events Japanese cartidges have access to, 5 euros say that only Japanese would be able to sumbit fan suggestions.
    The games are made by a Japanese company in Japan... we can't really complain if they only take in Japanese fan's opinions. Even if the games are popular internationally, I doubt they'd have the time to care about all the fans in the whole wide world...

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

If they listened to every single fan suggestion, we'd end up with stupid shit like the Sound-type and a Normal typed Sylveon. If the idea's good enough then maybe they could use it though.

Hypnodance FTW!

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

YES! Of course!
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Blog Entries

I don't think GF should really listen to the fans ideas because while there are some great ideas out there, most of them are stupid and pointless OR is too much or to unrealistic to put into a game.

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Blog Entries

No way. Some people have great suggestions, but most are awful.

Blog Entries

Visit Deadman's Youtube Channel

Well, CR (Customers Relation) is most important in any business so it would be wise for GF to put some effort in it. I'm not talking about Bug-point out and Glitch information alone. Checking on balance is also important but that's nothing too special for me, I EXPECT ANY DEVELOPER TO DO SUCH THINGS. The fan base is big and INTERNATIONALLY important as well. The internet makes it damn easy too. It should be natural to regularly check on all opinions to improve the product. For the most parts (though at some point it would be stupid to want to serve all tastes since it would end up worse) the outcome will be better if many opinions and suggestions are considered. However, of course it would be dumb and retarded to put in all, a bit of consideration if the ideas really make sense and could fit is in order. Although most ideas I hear about changes in a franchise are just stupid and childish from wannabe mature and knowing kids but the few good ideas you can hear are often enough good enough to make up for the stupid ideas around. Many companies have a whole team for CR and that's why they can survive. GF as a developer might not be the one to make such a Team, they are to focus on the actual development but Nintendo as such could create such a Team for the Pokemon section which then can give the outcome to GF. Big N has a branch in NA and Europe that could collect ideas of said regions and filter them before giving them to GF and so GF just check and considers which and when ideas to implement. Anyway, that are my 5 cents to this and in short, yes they should but also it depends on the ideas while they don't lock out everything else besides Japan. A department for this from side of Nintendo wouldn't be wrong.

Have a nice day.
    Pokémon lasts forever...

Reason and logic will rarely apply to the Anime staff !

Fanfiction.net:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1962116/bladeofjudgement
    DeviantART: http://bladeofjudgement.deviantart.com/

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Response to games, yes, but actual suggestions? No.

So far, my least favourite part of the Pokémon games is when they reference internet memes, so implementing ideas from the fans into the games would be really bad, in my opinion. There are a lot of good suggestions, but there are also bad ones. The Abyssal Ruins is much better than any fan theory about Atlantis being in the games, most of them being an underwater city, and an abandoned culture leaves so much room for flexibility that fans don't seem to offer.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

I really don't think they should. I generally tend to trust GameFreak to know what they're doing in regards to the games, and quite honestly I feel like if they opened up to fan suggestions the few good ones would get drowned out amongst the absolutely terrible ones.

I do get the impression that they pay some attention to what the fans might want, but by and large I feel like they've got their vision for the series pretty much shaped the way they want it. And frankly that's exactly how I want it.

Yes. I think Game Freak is smart enough to know how much to listen to. Like if loads of 'fans' were to suggest making it into a shooter (real fans wouldn't do that), they wouldn't let that idea come into reality. But if a fan has a really good idea for a new move, pokemon, or ability, GF should listen. A way I think this could be done would be with a website like the whitehouse.gov petitions: an idea could be posted, and if it gets enough attention, there could be an official response and maybe an inclusion into a game.

Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

No. The fandom are fans for a reason. If someone wishes to develop games, then they can proceed through proper channels and universities. It is not our place to dictate the future of a multi-billion dollar franchise, as much as many think it is their right; it's simply not. It does not matter the amount of hours or cash you pour into anything, it must always be noted you have approached it willingly as a consumer, and these purchases do not grant you rights over other consumers to dictate laws and the possible future of said popular gaming franchise.

Game Freak does just fine in my book, and when they don't I simply won't buy it, or I'll wait for the discount.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Blog Entries

Definitely NOT! All these new, unnecessary types, changes to moves and abilities just to basically make the game easier, removal of things they personally just don't like; no offense, but I think we should leave it to the professionals.

Depends on what you mean by "Listening to."

A game company would be total fools to not to listen to input from their fans.
    This is what separates the games that are hot for a year and then fade into obscurity from those that last for 20 years.

Of course, there are the fans who believe that their opinions are the only ones that matter,
    that they have the perfect "fixes" for what they see to be "wrong" with the games
    and that if only the Game makers would take their advice, the game would be perfect.

So, the answer is yes, GF should listen to fan suggestions.
    but "listening to" is not the same thing as actually "using" said suggestions.

And most of those who've said "no" in this thread have clearly mistaken the two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast