Blog Entries

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

This happened like two hours ago:

*insert wild battle theme here*
    Me: Ugh, not again...

*shiny animation plays*
    Me: Wha-?! OMG IT'S SHINY!!!

"A wild Swellow appeared!"
    Me: YOU'RE MINE BITCH! *throws MasterBall* AW YEAH, BABY!! I GOT ME A SHINY!!

It looks quite nice next to my shiny Pidgeot .

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taromon777 View Post
    I found a shiny Starly on Pearl today - and it had to be in the Great Marsh of all places! I threw mud at it, thinking it would make it less likely to flee (I never understand how that system works) and it fled instantly. Gutted...
    Stories like this are probably the biggest reason I stay out of Safari Zone-ish places except for the sake of dex filling. I lost my first shiny because it was a pidgey and it used whirlwind. I lost a voltorb due to it blowing up (I was chaining for ev training, not a shiny, so I wasn't prepared). I can't imagine running into one where it would run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    My first shiny was in Platinum. Found a Camerupt on Stark Mountain looking for Magby to get a Magmarizer. Then when I learned how to EV train...... I have found roughly 11 shiny Bidoof. Put them all in the ''Trash'' box. Then I got into RNG'ing and PokeSav, so shinies are no longer special to me, sadly.
    I've never understood that mindset. To me random encounter > chained > RNG'd > hacked/Poke Sav'd. I have some RNG'd shinies from Diamond and Platinum but they are my least special since I was guaranteed to get them. My chained ones are my second favorite because it took some skill and luck but was still a higher chance. My random encounter shinies didn't stop being the most special just because I could do the other two. I am confused by people who think getting easier shinies (especially through hacking) somehow makes other shinies less special.

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    This happened like two hours ago:

*insert wild battle theme here*
    Me: Ugh, not again...

*shiny animation plays*
    Me: Wha-?! OMG IT'S SHINY!!!

"A wild Swellow appeared!"
    Me: YOU'RE MINE BITCH! *throws MasterBall* AW YEAH, BABY!! I GOT ME A SHINY!!

It looks quite nice next to my shiny Pidgeot .
    Why did you use a master ball? ._. Unless it is something that can get away or kill itself. Think teleporting abra, ralts, or kirlia; exploding voltorb, electrode, or graveller; whirlwinding pidgey; or beldum (since the only move it learns is a recoil one). If it can't kill itself and it's not going to struggle any time soon it's a waste of a masterball.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I was EV training lastnight and I ran into a shiny Patrat on Route 1. This is my second random encounter shiny while I've been EV training (the other was a Red-stripe Basculin a month or so ago).

So, let this be a lesson to all: if you want to find a shiny, just go EV training. xP
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

maybe 10 mins ago, I was battling some Woobats with my Dewott. I find a Roggenrola and I think, "oh great, another one". then I hear a sparkle noise and I see a purple-ish Roggenrola. I'll train it once I beat the E4, I wasn't planning on using a Roggenrola.

edit: I don't save very often, that is my downfall... my DS was in my pocket. I take it out to find it off, and I forgot to save. it's gone, but it had a crappy nature, though. lowered defense and raised speed. so... the only legit shiny I've had was a shiny Nidoking (which is an AMAZING shade of blue) from a pre-evo (forget which one) from the safari zone, and a green weedle that I fully evolved in crystal, just to see what it would look like. I have neither...
    Last edited by Shooah; 27th July 2011 at 05:08 PM.
    hehe, yeeaaahh...

Blog Entries

So today I decided that I wanted to try my hand at the masuda method. 8 eggs in and I found myself with a shiny snivy. Needless to say I'm quite content. ha.
    I chained and caught a shiny skarmory today.
    Last edited by ShinyBen; 29th July 2011 at 06:13 PM.
    i have 238 shiny pokemon. 104 of them are different species. 6 random and 1 traded. the rest are pokeradar shinies!

I don't think I'll ever understand how people hatch thousands of eggs. Just a few hundred to get a syncing abra of every nature has driven me nuts (still missing impish somehow). I'm going to keep trying to see if any come out shiny though, I'm starting to think it'll happen before I get the impish one. P:

Random encounters just seem so much less boring than egg hatching, even when I'm doing things online while hatching. I decided to pop into Wellspring Cave every now and then to see if I could get a shiny roggenrola... didn't happen. Though this did:

So I'm not going to complain. P: I was a bit worried when she burned herself though.
    Antlionerd likes this.

I'm quite puzzled.. I got a Shiny porygonZ from the GTS and its location placeholder is ----------, I tried looking around on the internet in knowing what that means, but no result, I'd like it if someone could tell me what it means

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla3 View Post
    I'm quite puzzled.. I got a Shiny porygonZ from the GTS and its location placeholder is ----------, I tried looking around on the internet in knowing what that means, but no result, I'd like it if someone could tell me what it means
    Unfortunately, the Porygon-Z is hacked; created using an external device (and a poor job at that).

Blog Entries

I caught a Shiny Male Boldore, now a Gigalith, on March 16, 2011.

This morning, at exactly 12:02 am, after 145 eggs, I hatched a Shiny Female Pansage. This Pansage is now a Simisage. I used Masuda Method for it.

I'm currently using Masuda Method to breed for a Shiny Snivy.

I found a shiny Pidove in White, which is now a shiny Unfezant. On one of my versions, I can't actually remember which, I found a shiny Ditto - which is now on my Black version. I have two Dittos - one shiny and one not, but simply because I like the shiny one more, I always use that one for breeding. Also, about half an hour ago, I was surfing around Route 1 looking for a Feebas (it was taking ages to even come across any Rippling Water) and I gave up and thought I'd try fishing for one. Not only was the first pokémon I encountered with the rod a Feebas, but it was also shiny! I'm really not fussed about the look of the shiny Feebas, but I've just looked up shiny Milotic and am very much looking forward to getting one!

Blog Entries

Unfortunately I didn't encounter any random shinies in B/W yet. The most recent one was a shiny Bellsprout on my Nuzlocke run in LeafGreen, on November 11 last year. First encounter on that route too ;)

Blog Entries

The only shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Machop in SS. It was at lv 12 and all of my other pokemon were at such a high level so I just threw a pokeball at it. Thankfully it worked =)

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

my frist and only shiner is a meditite. at the time i did not know what a shinie was but luckly i hadent regisered a meditite on my Pt pokedex and cuat it. i thought a another trainer released it cuz it had that littel star marker on its profile page XD

Blog Entries

First and only shiny so far was a low leveled Geodude in the Union Cave in SS.

No luck other than that since.

The only non-hacked shiny I've ever seen was a Shiny Rattatta on a friend's Gold version. Until today, when I bought a used copy of Platinum. Whoever owned it before definitely hacked or glitched whatever, the pack has 995 of everything and freezes a way down the inventory. Also has a shiny Slowpoke, Koffing, Wingull, and two Gyarados. (Not to mention a couple dozen pokemon at 100) It's tempting to keep it instead of starting a new game like I planned, but forcing something to be shiny kinda eliminates the specialness, to me. Anyway. Maybe someday I'll see a legit one.
    Avatar used with permission from Evilsherbear on DA! (http://evilsherbear.deviantart.com/) Check her gallery out! DO IT. B|

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast