The Shiny Encounters Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

My first ever Shiny was in Pokemon Pearl. I was using Action Replay frequently, so when I saw a random Blue Medicham in Victory Road, My 10 year old mind thought I had broken the game. I named it "Blue", and it's now forever in My Pokemon Ranch, because I had restarted my Pearl version without withdrawing the pokemon from it.

My second shiny was in Pokemon HeartGold. I was going to Pewter City through Viridian Forest when I encountered a Shiny HootHoot. I, to this day, have no idea where it is LOL.

My third shiny is my Shiny Dragonite, Which I had bred using the Masuda Method. It had both the correct Nature and the correct Ability, so I got reaaaally lucky. I named it "Barney" because... well... it fit.

Default What shiny Pokémon did you encounter in X & Y?

I've encountered a fair amount of shinies over the years that I've been playing Pokémon games, so I've listed them below, accompanied by way too large pieces of text. Enjoy!(?)

Sapphire
    My first ever shiny was a purple Wurmple. I'd never heard about shiny pokémon back then (roughly ten years ago), so I thought something was wrong with the game. My collectors instinct told me that I should catch it anyway, and so I did. I showed it to somebody who then told me about shinies and their rarity. This caused me to be even prouder of my Wurmple.

Diamond
    It would be years before I caught my second shiny: a Shellos (West Sea). A few months after that, I met a shiny Wooper in the safari zone, which, sadly, ran away after just one turn.

SoulSilver
    Shiny Gyarados, but that isn't really rare. Belongs in this list though.

Y
    This generation I've been doing really well in the shiny department. Without chain breeding, -fishing or shiny hunting, I've caught 4 shinies already :D

-Electrike
    -Wartortle
    -Spoink
    -Nidorino

That was my history with shinies. I'm glad to have been able to show them off.
    Last edited by Paleo; 3rd December 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Add Sylveon Lover on Facebook

First time I played Sapphire, I caught a Shiny Poochyena, Too bad I wasted the Master Ball and had to restart.

Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

My history with shiny Pokemon is rather short, sadly '^^

Pokemon SoulSilver
    Well, obviously I got the shiny Gyarados. I'm sure everyone who's played the game has. And around 2 weeks ago, I restarted the game, and got a female shiny Chikorita after 452 soft resets. It's my favorite Johto starter, and it's one of the few starters I prefer to have as a female.

Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Black 2 was were I got my first ever shiny Pokemon (not including Gyarados). It was sometime in September. I was breeding for a shiny Misdreavus for my team (not evolving it 'til I get it on X) and one hatched after only 61 eggs, with a timid nature and perfect IVs in Attack and Sp.Atk. Right now I'm aiming to hatch a shiny Feebas, and I'm 250+ eggs in.

Pokemon X
    On my first day with the game (October 13th, had to wait an extra day to pick up my copy) I found a shiny Furfrou while level grinding just after getting a Squirtle from Sycamore. I caught it after my second Great Ball, without attacking it.
    Then, the next day, I was on route 15/16 (don't remember which), and I was going to do one more battle before finishing for the night. I encountered a hoarde of Murkrow, and one of them was shiny. I managed to catch it with a Timer Ball.

The friend code and name on my trainer card is for my Nintendo 3DS, and should be used for communications via Pokemon X and Y
    Nintendo ID - AmphiGamer
    Hey, I'd appreciate it if you'd visit my YouTube channel! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4hdu1i6E1jArf5wNSq5sA

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I found 2 shinies last night, it was a very lucky night for me.

I got a shiny Wartortle in the Friend Safari. I was really looking for Frogadier but I caught the Wartortle anyhow. The second shiny encounter happened when I was taking a break from hunting and just catching Scatterbugs for trading and a shiny Fletchling appeared. I was pretty surprised, but it's just awesome how my shiny luck is finally turning around after going through X without a single shiny.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since starting my Kalos journey in October I have found two shinies to add to my success stories in previous generations. The first was a completely random Durant in Terminus Cave, while the other was a Magikarp that appeared on a chain of 21 encounters while experimenting with Chain/Consecutive Fishing for the very first time. Durant is untrained at this moment in time, but Magikarp has evolved into a generic gorgeous Red Gyarados and is currently undergoing EV Training. I love both of them and hopefully my luck continues!
    "My Dream..."

I was playing White 2 at around 2 in the morning and I fond a shiny Male Combee. Caught, and I saved and shut it off for the night (morning?) When I woke up, I started to play a little bit more before Church and I found another shiny Male Combee. Darnit, 2 males. :(

Blog Entries

The last shiny I got was in Y, which is all I play now. I got a shiny Butterfree and traded it for a shiny Clawitzer. My only other shiny was a rattata back in SS.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Managed to get my first shiny- actually my first two shinies, of this generation today! A Muk and an Octillery- Octillery is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I'm super happy.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Follow dada On Twitter
    Follow dada on Tumblr Visit dada's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    Managed to get my first shiny- actually my first two shinies, of this generation today! A Muk and an Octillery- Octillery is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I'm super happy.
    Awesome! Guess you used the chain fishing method for Octillery? That's how I got a shiny Skrelp, which is one of my faves.

3DS FC: 2852-7585-5204 - TSV: 850
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Machoke, Throh, Tyrogue)
    Feel free to add my code and PM me yours!

Kalos Fishing Guide - List of All Pokémon Anime Episodes - My Reddit Account and Reference Topic

this sounds insane, but it's totally true: i ended up with a SHINY STARTER on my Fire Red game. chose Charmander, and it was SHINY. i went crazy with joy.

I do have a question.

I let my shiny Skorupi evolve in to Drapion in X and it appears to me as if the Drapion is not shiny. Is this a possibility that the evolved form is not shiny? It looks purple. I looked at the Gen V image of Drapion and he is very Crimson and Magenta... did Drapion lose shiny in Gen VI?

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I do have a question.

I let my shiny Skorupi evolve in to Drapion in X and it appears to me as if the Drapion is not shiny. Is this a possibility that the evolved form is not shiny? It looks purple. I looked at the Gen V image of Drapion and he is very Crimson and Magenta... did Drapion lose shiny in Gen VI?
    When shinies evolve, they are still shiny. Its possible the shiny color is just different in Gen VI
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

So far I've caught a Zigzagoon, Weepinbell, and Geodude. Hopefully some day I'll find an Eevee or a Ralts.

Quote Originally Posted by cheren2345 View Post
    this sounds insane, but it's totally true: i ended up with a SHINY STARTER on my Fire Red game. chose Charmander, and it was SHINY. i went crazy with joy.
    How cool. I don't know how I would react if that were to happen to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I do have a question.

When shinies evolve, they are still shiny. Its possible the shiny color is just different in Gen VI
    Boo. It just doesn't look as cool. Ah well. thanks

Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast