The Shiny Encounters Thread - Page 37
Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Just encountered a Shiny Piloswine in Giant Chasm. And to be honest, I didn't expect it at all. Took a few ultra balls, but I caught her.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

In 14 years of playing these games I've only ever come across one shiny (not including the Lake of Rage Gyarados) and it was a Hippowdon in Platinum about three years ago. Stupidly, I ran from it because I was only in that area trying to catch a different Pokémon and was running from battles as soon as I saw it wasn't what I wanted. I'd already hit run before I noticed it was shiny. x.x

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

So far I've only ever encountered two natural shinies -- and for some strange reason, both in HeartGold.

First, I was Headbutting trees near Viridian when a shiny Wurmple fell out.

Then, I was smashing rocks down near Fuschia when I found a shiny Krabby.

Shiny Krabby was awesome. Too bad his shiny color changes from gold-yellow to sea-green when he evolves.

way to go, guys! =D

I am currently hunting for a shiny Eevee using the Masuda Method. I'm using two Jolteon, both with the hidden ability, one from my game and the foreign one from the GTS. Now after hatching 500 eggs without any luck I took the Jolteon out of the daycare to check if one was accidentally holding an Everstone and I realized that the japanese Jolteon from the GTS has the ID number 00000. Does that mean it is hacked? And if yes, does the MM work then? thanks for your answers...

Edit: ummm... I think I just answered my own question. Because LOOK! OH WOW!
    shiny-eevee.jpg
    I just posted this and thought... "Oh well, let's just hatch the last 5 eggs (501-505) and the 501 was shiny! I'm so happy right now!!!!
    Last edited by Disobedient; 4th May 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

When training with my Lilligant and my Eevee (who I am hoping to evolve into an Espeon) at Route 14, I encountered a Shiny Mienfoo. Named her Zoe after catching her.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

I just encountered a shiny Pelliper while trying to find a Solrock for the Pokedex! Seriously still in shock! This is the first shiny I've ever randomly encountered (I once Poke Radared a Starly).

Named him Orlean~

Collecting Events shayminskyforme88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Geodude in Sapphire(North of Mauville), but sadly I didn't have any balls :(.
    Some years later, I was playing Diamond and I found the first Meditite in the game and at first I thought they had changed the color of the sprite.
    Then I was playing Pearl then I found a Shiny Beneary in Eterna Forest.
    I was hunting for Shiny Rayquaza in HeartGold then someone suggested that I train a Parasect to level 100 and use spore and false swipe on him. As I was training the Parasect in Mt. Silver, A Shiny Graveller appeared.
    I was Hatching Eevees via Masuda Method then it finally hatched.
    A week later My Shiny Vulpix hatched(Also by Masuda Method).
    Haven't found any shinies since then.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I blundered into the Dreamyard and triggered the Latios event, so I decided that I'd try and reset for a shiny. So far, I've only reset 15 times and haven't gotten anything. But I'll keep trying.

I don't intend to camp out there; I've done that sort of thing before and it will drive you absolutely crazy. But I will drop in every day and reset at least five or ten times. In either case, I'm gonna get me a Latios that sparkles, dang it!

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

My first shiny is a SHINY Roselia in pokemon Diamond. Back then I did not know the rareness of shiny pokemons, so I just ignore it and lent my Game Card to a friend. He started a new game and effectively erased my old game.
    *Up until now I still cried out for that Roselia*

After that I encountered a Shiny Horsea at Whirlpool Island in Pokemon Soul Silver. This time, I kept it and raised it to a powerful Kingdra - love the purple color. :D

Then, in pokemon Black 2 now, I practiced Masuda breeding. And after 700+ eggs, I finally get a SHINY - a GORGEOUS SHINY Charmander. I almost cried my eyes out.
    After that, I tried to get a shiny EEVEE and 7 eggs after that, here he is. Now he is my TANK BLUE-RING Umbreon! :((((

Guess my lucky number is 7!
    My Black 2 FC is: 0218 9572 7049.
    Happy Trading! >:D<

Blog Entries

So, I finally got around soft-resetting for the first time. I got the shiny charm on white 2 a while back but hadn't played it since. I quickly learned that it's pretty sweet considering that 6 resets was all it took for a brand new shiny Latias.
    i have 238 shiny pokemon. 104 of them are different species. 6 random and 1 traded. the rest are pokeradar shinies!

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

I've been trying for a shiny Ponyta with Masuda Method+Shiny Charm combo in W2.

No luck yet...

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

I have a Shiny Weavile in Diamond <3

In all my years playing, spanning every generation I've never naturally encountered a shiny in the wild. :(

My first non-Gyrados shiny was a Japanese Unown I got on the GTS in Platinum. I was hunting for foreign pokemon at the time and it popped up. It was followed by a few other foreign shiny pokes, including Shinx, Charmander, Starly, Cranidos, Magikarp, and Feebas. Maybe one or two others.

I later learned how to RNG for shiny eggs in Gen IV, so I bred a bunch a starters. Gen V came out and I switched my attentions to that and never went back.

I was transferring Pokémon from Diamond to White 2 so I could get the Shiny Charm. The last Pokémon I needed was Gallade. But the Gallade on Diamond was a non-legit Shiny that my friend put on there. I didn't want a non-legit Shiny on White 2, so I went to the GTS to find a male Ralts (there were no Gallade or male Kirlia I could trade for) and amazingly, I found a Shiny one! All they were asking for was a Palkia, which I happily handed over. I don't know if it's legit, but it's still pretty cool. I needed a normal Gallade because I didn't want the non-legit Shiny one, and I ended up getting a potentially legit one anyway.

Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast