The Shiny Encounters Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Pokemon is bi-winning. ratkinzluver33's Avatar

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

I have to sadly admit I'm a lame cheater, I get all my shinies artificially. However, I think I have may run across one once when I was new to the games. I just didn't realize it.
    ~ <3 Mouse =P

Pokenerds are awesome. NEVER FORGET IT.

Red = Awesomeness. Kthxbai.

Blog Entries

I captured a shiny Chatot in my Diamond, A shiny Elekid in my SoulSilver or HeartGold (I don't remember which one), and a shiny Stunfisk in my Black. I kept the Elekid and Chatot, but traded away the Stunfisk for an shiny Riolu (Some idiot that guy was!)

Quote Originally Posted by samburger View Post
    I captured a shiny Chatot in my Diamond, A shiny Elekid in my SoulSilver or HeartGold (I don't remember which one), and a shiny Stunfisk in my Black. I kept the Elekid and Chatot, but traded away the Stunfisk for an shiny Riolu (Some idiot that guy was!)
    I have to disagree with you on that. Based purely on the fact they are both shiny (as I know nothing about their ivs) I would go with the stunfisk. Shiny riolu and lucario are kind of ugly and shiny stunfisk's colors are nice. However I love my shiny stunfisk so maybe I am partial. It helps that he took out N's reshiram and Cynthia's lucario all by himself while being levels lower than them and possessing awful stats and a hindering nature. P:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    Shiny riolu and lucario are kind of ugly and shiny stunfisk's colors are nice. However I love my shiny stunfisk so maybe I am partial.
    That's the thing with Stunfisk; you either love him or you don't, and I don't. And the reason I would choose the shiny riolu line despite its ugly color scheme is because I loved my non-shiny riolu from Platinum. So from Platinum I already liked the riolu line, which made me want to trade the stunfisk for the riolu

100% Moustache Free! Mr. Moustache's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A few weeks ago, I was at Route 35, trying to catch a yanma, when I encountered a shiny nidoran♀. This was the first one I ever seen, so I was really shocked and happy, naturally. Since then, it has evolved into a Nidoqueen, but she's not apart of my team, because she's an ugly dark-green.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    I am hoping to encounter any kind of shiny Pokemon and successfully catching it, since I have never caught a shiny.
    I'll update when I finally manage to get one. Let's see how long it takes.
    UPDATED: I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY!!!

It's a level 33 female Audino.

I had never encountered a shiny before and my 2 closest friends each had encountered and caught multiple, It was a day after HG's release and I was going through the ice cave and boom bam I encounter a shiny swinub. My next and most recent was while IV breeding my shiny flawless Japanese scizor...I got a shiny scyther right after pretending I got one in the egg hatch before.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

Today I caught a random shiny Gligar on my Heartgold. My tenth random shiny in all games but I have like a zillion from the pokeradar. Pretty stoked. :)
    i have 238 shiny pokemon. 104 of them are different species. 6 random and 1 traded. the rest are pokeradar shinies!

Blog Entries

My first shiny I ever encountered was a Tranpinch and after that a Wingull. Since I was a kid I didn't know they were shiny though I did notice the colouring was different so I thought it was a glitch :P

Blog Entries

I have encountered a bunch of shiny Pokemon--more than any of my friends. However, that doesn't mean I have caught all I've seen.

The first Shiny Pokemon I had ever seen was a Makuhita (M) in my Emerald. I had nothing but a Master Ball at the time and intended to catch Rayquaza with it, I regret that now..
    The Second Shiny I had ever seen was a female Steelix in my Platinum. I killed her with my Garchomp's Surf when my hand slipped when I was going to use false swipe.
    The third Shiny Pokemon I had ever seen, and the first one I successfully caught was my Graveler/Golem in my HeartGold. His Name was CrapSphere, but upon transferring it to White, I renamed it Tectonic. He is the Brave Nature.
    The fourth Shiny I had ever encountered, I should have killed, A shiny Unown A. I thought it was kind of funny how it was an Adamant Nature and it was shaped like an A, so I called it Alpha.
    The fifth and luckiest encounter is one that will probably never happen again. On the release date for Pokemon White, I was in Wellspring Cave, looking for a male Woobat. It seemed that all of them were female (Approximately 13 Encounters), and guess what? A shiny Woobat appeared! Female as well as the others. She is the Mild Nature and named Swoon.
    Number six was on April Fools, perfect timing game... I was in my World Geography class, watching a video and encountered a shiny Golett. I had watched too much Fullmetal Alchemist at the time and named it Alphonse. It has the Impish Nature.
    Number seven was at School as well, the first Shiny Pokemon out of a cave, Solrock. It was in the Giant Chasm Area in a double battle with Metang. I used earthquake to knock Metang out first, slowly decreased it's health and caught it with an Ultra ball hoping it would not use Explosion.

None of those were intentional, I don't have that much time to do something like that, however I am trying to get a shiny Druddigon, Male or female.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States.

I've run into a few. My first was a Camerupt in Platinum. Then after learning how to EV train, I've run into 11 shiny Bidoof. I mean... yay.... Bidoof. But I've gotten a few shinies in White. Timid lvl 1 Deino w/ Dark Pulse. Adamant lvl 1 Pawniard w/ Sucker Punch and a Modest Litwik. So I'm off to a good start.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I encountered a Shiny Tranquil in my Black game a couple of days ago; successfully caught it as well. :3

It's my second Shiny I encountered overall; the first was a Tangela I encountered in Heart Gold.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

UPDATED: I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY!!!

It's a level 33 female Audino.
    Congrats! I got a Shiny Audino in White! What Route did you catch yours on?

Since I was last here, I've obtained another Shiny. I had just caught the Shiny Gyarados in Silver and I came across a Shiny Magikarp! I cloned it with a glitch, and now I'm looking for someone to trade it to for another Shiny.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    Congrats! I got a Shiny Audino in White! What Route did you catch yours on?
    Outside Dragonspiral Tower.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Outside Dragonspiral Tower.
    Oh, I got mine on Route 10.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast