The Shiny Encounters Thread - Page 24

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deox-Y View Post
    Goldeen, Virizion, Wingull, Watchog, Excadrill... Those are all my self-caught Shinies. Masuda Method's never worked for me.
    I've caught a few wild shinies myself, but I really enjoy doing a Masuda run. After getting my shiny Golett exactly as I wanted him, I said to heck with random encounters. I'd rather breed for it. I have a bit more control over the process.

Ugh, resetting is just a pain. I'm kinda sick of staring at Kyurem, truthfully. I want to breed for a shiny Sawk, but I said I wouldn't do it until I got my shiny Kyurem. But my willpower is kinda fading here. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post
    Hey guys, I guess lucky is on my side!
    After 300+ eggs, I finally got to hatch a shiny Desumasu! And a female, just the way I wanted!

Now I want a shiny :')
    Congrats! She's adorable! Did you give her a nickname? And good luck on the Mothim; I hope it goes well.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deox-Y View Post
    Goldeen, Virizion, Wingull, Watchog, Excadrill... Those are all my self-caught Shinies. Masuda Method's never worked for me.
    I've caught a few wild shinies myself, but I really enjoy doing a Masuda run. After getting my shiny Golett exactly as I wanted him, I said to heck with random encounters. I'd rather breed for it. I have a bit more control over the process.

Ugh, resetting is just a pain. I'm kinda sick of staring at Kyurem, truthfully. I want to breed for a shiny Sawk, but I said I wouldn't do it until I got my shiny Kyurem. But my willpower is kinda fading here. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post
    Hey guys, I guess lucky is on my side!
    After 300+ eggs, I finally got to hatch a shiny Desumasu! And a female, just the way I wanted!

Now I want a shiny :')
    Congrats! She's adorable! Did you give her a nickname? And good luck on the Mothim; I hope it goes well.
    Don't you mean Venomoth?

Portable living microwave first archen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've caught at least one shiny per game I own.

A shiny Psyduck in Diamond, A shiny Swinub (now Mamoswine) in Platinum, a shiny female Nidoran in HG and a shiny Boldore (now Gigalith) in White.

I haven't got anything from the Mesuda mothed though. Man I really wanted a shiny Cranidos, maybe some day.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I caught a shiny Magnemite in a non shiny patch while chaining in Diamond a few days ago. It was at 7 on the chain, I was really surprised, but I caught it. I plan to evolve this one, keeping the other one I have a Magnemite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Thanks!
    And yes, I did. Her nickname is Nefertiti, the name of an Egyptian Queen. :D

Blog Entries

The only shiny I have ever encountered in 10 years worth of Pokemon gaming was a Donphan in HeartGold between Viridian and Mt. Silver. I didn't catch it...

Just caught a shiny male Parasect in the Cerulean Cave. I had entered the cave, realized a forgot someone with Flash, left, came back, and he was the first thing I encountered. <3
    Ash'sBestBuddy89 likes this.

On my HeartGold, just want to state I have encountered a shiny Kadabra before and only had 9 pokeballs on me at the time... in which they have all failed so i have learned well from that experience.
    I'm currently hunting a shiny Zapdos... so far i have a total of 1,320 soft resets(on my third day)... and I am literally hunting at this very moment. From experience, any one hunt for a Shiny Zapdos before and can give me the odds so I can well, at least feel a little better about this quest?

WOW! that's amazing! I will be on a hunt for a shiny Moltres after my current hunt is done!! You have good luck!(THIS MESSAGE IS DIRECTED TO CORPSEFLOWER ONLY!!!!)
    Last edited by Ash'sBestBuddy89; 19th June 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I want this quote directed too CorpseFlower

First wild pokemon in BW2 100% shiny Patrat

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

I'll list out the shinies I did not trade for (that are Gen4&5):

I was in the bug-catching contest and came across a shiny Wurmple in SoulSilver. I was so excited! I caught it in one Park Ball with no damage done at all, but I didn't even manage to get 3rd place!

My cousin was getting married in New Orleans and my family and I had to drive there. On the ride there, I was playing SoulSilver and enountered a shiny Noctowl! I named him Orleans.

I don't remember which Pokemon I was EV training, but I was EV training for Special Attack in the tower in Black when I came across a shiny Litwick!! As luck would have it, she is Adamant! xD

And after soft resetting for soooooo long, I FINALLY got my shiny Virizion! <333 I love him very much! My Synchronizing Munna came in handy, too, because thankfully he's Jolly!

Turns out on the 19th at about 6:00 AM, In Twist Mountain, a Shiny Boldore looked my way. (It's my favorite shiny in Unova, what luck!)
    -('3')-

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

When at the Snorlax encounter, I tried to shiny reset until I got something.

.....After about 50 times, I gave up, and settled for a female one. At least now I can try for shiny baby Snorlax, even if I don't have the Masuda method to help me.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

Blog Entries

I hatched a shiny tentacool a while ago, it's the first shiny I've ever gotten (red gyarados excluded).

My mind is still processing this turn of events

I'm so jealous of you all XD

There's only one Shiny I've ever gotten, and it was a Murkrow back in Crystal when I was looking for a Houndour in the grass between Celadon and Saffron City.

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast