The Shiny Encounters Thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Shiny Encounters Thread

Quote Originally Posted by カイリュー View Post
    I got a shiny Swinub in pokemon pearl I think, at random. Its now a Mamoswine and I think I traded it to Heart Gold so I could use it in the game. I love that pokemon. It wasn't the first shiny I encountered however. The first shiny I encountered ever was in the goddamn SAFARI ZONE! It was in fire red/leaf green I can't remember which. It was a shiny oddish and I didn't catch it. I was so mad.
    It's weird, the second shiny random Pokemon I caught in my Ruby (or Sapphire, I can't remember) was a shiny Oddish in the Safari Zone. I was so afraid it would run away from me but I managed to capture it! Don't particularly like Oddish, but I'll take it. Named it Sparkles since I couldn't think of a good name. Don't know if I want to evolve it or if I do, if I should go for Vileplume or Bellossom. My first random shiny in that same game happened to be a Linoone I nicknamed Lincoln that I found in the grass just west of that same Safari Zone. That particular Safari Zone is lucky for me for some reason, though I am always afraid that I will find shiny in a Safari Zone that will run from me...

Registered Use-ARR! Captain Tentacruel's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PokePal15 View Post

It's weird, the second shiny random Pokemon I caught in my Ruby (or Sapphire, I can't remember) was a shiny Oddish in the Safari Zone. I was so afraid it would run away from me but I managed to capture it! Don't particularly like Oddish, but I'll take it. Named it Sparkles since I couldn't think of a good name. Don't know if I want to evolve it or if I do, if I should go for Vileplume or Bellossom. My first random shiny in that same game happened to be a Linoone I nicknamed Lincoln that I found in the grass just west of that same Safari Zone. That particular Safari Zone is lucky for me for some reason, though I am always afraid that I will find shiny in a Safari Zone that will run from me...
    When I caught a shiny oddish, I went with evolving into bellossom. Earlier today I hatched shiny beldum as you may've read from my blog, which makes 7. Well, 10 if you count the two I got in Silver (not SS) and the koffing my mind was in too much of a lull to notice until it was too late in Diamond. That was terrible.
    Crystal Onix | Shiny Metagross | Analytic Magnezone | 3DS FC: 5386 7563 8820

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I found a shiny Swanna in my White game on Sunday morning. It's funny because I'd just woken up from a dream about finding a shiny, so I turned on my game and started where I left off, which was Marvelous Bridge. I saw one of those shadows and rode my bike into it, and I saw the Swanna. At first I didn't think much of it, but then I saw the purple and immediately thought to myself, "Wait a minute, isn't that supposed to be blue?" That's when it sparkled and of course I caught it.

That makes seven shinies, five of which I've caught in this game: Fraxure, Sunkern, Slowpoke, Golbat and now Swanna. My other two shinies are my Tentacool from LeafGreen and my Gastly from Pearl, both of which are now in my White game along with the other five.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

As I meantioned in some other thread, recently I found a Shiny Audino while I was training on Lostlorn Forest. When it appeared I was about to attack, but I stared at it for some seconds and said to myself "Why is this Audino pur..." It struck me like lightning the realization that it was a shiny. I caught it with a Quick Ball that I had bought earlier. I was so lucky to get it.
    Future White 2 Team (Gustavo)

Aden--Lyn---Blitz---Stella---Stratus---Amy

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

I just got a shiny Entei (for a swablu) on the GTS XD
    3DS FC: 0963 2117 2477
    IGN Y: Fern - IGN αS: Jenny

I never met a shiny Pokémon... And I play Pokémon so much... '-_-

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SebaMonster View Post
    I never met a shiny Pokémon... And I play Pokémon so much... '-_-
    I've logged about 610 hours in Sapphire (same game since the day it was released in the US) and I've never encountered a shiny.

I ran into my first one in the first week of playing Black (week of it's release), then I had a good week where I ran into two more (one in SS and one in Platinum) and I haven't run into any since O.o
    3DS FC: 0963 2117 2477
    IGN Y: Fern - IGN αS: Jenny

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YAY! I'M SO EXCITED IF YOU CAN'T TELL!

I finally got my shiny Magikarp. This is the first shiny I've EVER bred (I've either SR'ed, PokeRadared or traded for the ones in my Gen IV games) and I did it by MM. I am so happy! I hatched 94 eggs before I got the little guy, so I'm glad it didn't take forever. This is the only Gen V shiny I've gotten so far; hopefully I can add more soon.

Since I'm not very creative with nicknames and I always nickname my shines, he's going by Geldephish (since Goldfish was not original enough for me) for the moment until I can come up with something better. I'm currently debating whether or not to keep him as is or evolve him. I know red Gyarados are not that rare, but do I really need a Magikarp even as shiny as he is?

Native Vivillon Patterns: X - High Plains; AS - Modern
    Friend Safari: Flying - Doduo, Woobat, Fletchinder

Blog Entries

I just want a shiny Meowth and Glameow. But I seem to be the absolute WORST at this. I am a beginner to chaining but I can't seem to not break my chain with another pokemon. Its very discouraging. I have the 11 rules read but still those pichu hate me and love to rain on my chain parade. Now I broke my chain I can't seem to find any more Meowths. Any advice for a newbie chainer? I thought about trading for one but it sure would be a lot neater to be able to capture one myself.

Blog Entries

Visit imonaJet's Youtube Channel

@Druscylla, what 11 Rules are you referring to?

My tips would be though is to always choose a medium - large patch of grass. maybe around 5x5 or 6x6 in area. Just about the right size to fit on your screen, but not too big that when you walk from one end to another you lose sight of a part of grass. also i guess to not have any other grass on screen.
    Another tip would be always go to the one at least 5 steps away, none more, and none less. Usually this does the trick because if it was any closer It usually breaks the chain, and if it's too far it usually breaks the chain too. And remember always have them repels.
    Last tip is to focus. Back when I used to chain I would be distracted too easily, thus making me not look at the screen when a battle has just finished and I wouldn't see the grass shake. I suggest turn everything off, keep away from music, tv, the computer. Don't snack, keep surroundings quiet. Be fully in tune with the game. hopefully you'll find a shiny in no time.

Cheers!
    -Sir Jet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imonaJet View Post

My tips would be though is to always choose a medium - large patch of grass. maybe around 5x5 or 6x6 in area. Just about the right size to fit on your screen, but not too big that when you walk from one end to another you lose sight of a part of grass. also i guess to not have any other grass on screen.
    Another tip would be always go to the one at least 5 steps away, none more, and none less. Usually this does the trick because if it was any closer It usually breaks the chain, and if it's too far it usually breaks the chain too. And remember always have them repels.
    Last tip is to focus. Back when I used to chain I would be distracted too easily, thus making me not look at the screen when a battle has just finished and I wouldn't see the grass shake. I suggest turn everything off, keep away from music, tv, the computer. Don't snack, keep surroundings quiet. Be fully in tune with the game. hopefully you'll find a shiny in no time.

Cheers!
    -Sir Jet
    Thanks for the tips :) I found this How do people chain pokemon all the way to 40 or 100?! my chain breaks at 16...? - Yahoo! Answers that gives some good advice. Been at it for hours though and haven't gotten anything.

Blog Entries

Visit imonaJet's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Druscylla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imonaJet View Post

Cheers!
    -Sir Jet
    Thanks for the tips :) I found this How do people chain pokemon all the way to 40 or 100?! my chain breaks at 16...? - Yahoo! Answers that gives some good advice. Been at it for hours though and haven't gotten anything.
    It really will take some patience, also keep in mind that something around 16, isnt too bad. I usually stop at 25 or 30, and then start to reset the radar for shinies. It just takes a bit of practice, and once you master it you will be proud to have worked so hard for your pokemon.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heh, shiny Pawniard for me! I was screaming like a little fan-girl when I saw it.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Blog Entries

I just caught a shiny Frillish! I almost fainted when I saw it but, was able to catch it with just one Quickball!

My latest shiny was from SoulSilver, I found a shiny Meowth O.O

Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast