~Banner made by me~
'One thing 'bout music, when it hits u feel no pain'
I only encountered 2 Shinies, somehow really near each other, one night, I was EV training in Eterna Forest with Chyral, then I encountered a Shiny Bunerey with a regular Cacoon. I knocked out Chyral's Chansey imeditly, then I knocked out Cacoon. Weakened Bunery to have health then I caught it.
Apperently the following morning, right when I entered the grass, I saw a Shiny Budew, apperently some stupid part of me thought I could pull pretty much the same thing, but after I tried my Budew and had no progress, I tried Poochyena, but got a Critical hit with Bite and knocked it out. I was ready to blow up like 100 times like dynamite. I was so freakn' mad.
My friend however, in Emrald, was exploring Team Magma's base, and found a Shiny Geodude. My friend thought it was a magic Geodude and caught it. Now my friend knows it's a Shiny.
Been playing pokemon games for 10+ years. I have only encountered one shiny.
It was a shiny geodude at the Safari Zone on Heart Gold.
I pondered how I would go about catching it, as I couldn't just do my usual false swipe down to 1 hp, and ultra ball it, since it was in the safari zone.
I threw a rock, and it fled.
I have dreams about it to this day.
O_O Okay, so a shiny Cyndaquil I have been hunting for three (almost four) days in SS (I didn't care which starter I got, I just wanted a shiny one) finally appeared, after about 1750 soft resets. I was about to call it a day, when he popped up, a Mild nature. Oh my gosh, I freaked out and fell out of my chair. Wow, I am so happy. First SR shiny! (And first of 2011 for me.... wow, took a while)
Currently, I am trying to Masuda method myself a shiny Golett on Black. I started the hunt about a week and a half ago; it took a while for me to get everything I needed. I had to trade like a mad woman to get a Brave Natured foreign Ditto and got lucky enough to score a Power Bracer on GTS. (The Sawk that came with it was pretty sweet, too.) The Ditto is holding an Everstone and Riser, one of my earlier bred Golurks, is holding the Bracer--he's freaking perfect in Attack. If all goes well, I'll have an awesome little shiny Golett and if not, who cares? The little twerp will be spoiled rotten in any case. I have the name picked out for him: if he's random Natured with Klutz, he'll be Riser. Brave Natured with Iron Fist will be called Guardian.
I'm only up to 170 hatches but that's nothing. When I bred for my shiny Roselia it took eight months of continuous hatching to get it. I expect to be doing this for a good, long while. (But if you hear a really loud, high-pitched shriek, you'll know what happened.)
"Bumblebee reporting for duty..."
Date Started: 15JE2012 Date Resumed: 19JA2013 Eggs Hatched: 1000
Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
Automatons Rescued: Shiny--488, Dream Worlders--30
White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387
My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.
This seems too similar to the Shiny Encounters thread that's stickied, but oh well. I'll quote my post from the thread on bad luck with shinies.
I did see two shinies that I did not end up catching, though, aside from the HG/SS Red Gyarados (which I don't want because I don't like red. I like my blue Gyarados better). First is Nincada in Emerald, which is the first shiny I ever saw. I didn't know how valuable shinies were back then, though, so I just KO'd it like any other wild Pokemon. Second is Tentacool in SS, which I didn't attempt to catch because I was out of freaking Pokeballs. >.>I've managed to catch every shiny I've run into and attempted to catch, though. My gallery:
- First shiny I ever caught. Trophy Garden in Platinum. Can't actually remember if it was male or female though. I eventually traded it cause I don't really care for Kricketune.
- I wasn't even half an hour into one of my copies of FireRed (I have two because my mom didn't know I already had the game lol) when I found this guy as a Rattata. I evolve it, of course.
- I was training in the Dewford Island cave in Emerald when I stumbled upon a shiny Aron, and Aron was a Pokemon I wanted to use on my team. Aggron is one of the few gen 3 Pokemon I like at all and his shiny form is my freaking favorite color (love that shade of blue!), so hell yeah I was gonna train this guy up. And I did. It's now a shiny Aggron and on top of that, he has a good nature! He is currently my favorite shiny in my possession. <3
- I was exploring Mt. Mortar in HG when I found a spankin' shiny Zubat! I was so freaking happy cause Crobat is one of my favorite Pokemon. I don't like that the shiny form is pink, but it was still god dang shiny, so I couldn't wait to evolve the Zubat up. I also replaced my Pidgeot with it on my team, cause the Pidgeot just wasn't doing well for me. Must've had a bad nature. I should check those more often. xP
Despite also having a bad nature, my shiny Crobat still kicked butt for me!
- I found this girl as a Vullaby when I was training a Frillish on Route 10 in Black. It was a wild double battle too, and my team had been too strong to attack it without KOing it. Except for Frillish, but it's weak to dark types, so I couldn't use it either. So after knocking out the Amoongus that appeared alongside the Vullaby, I threw Pokeballs at it while switching my Pokemon out constantly. I managed to get it in a Great Ball and at full health because I couldn't attack it. ^^
And that's all. :] This means I also have gotten a shiny from every gen too. Hehe.
i found a shiny wooper in my plainum and caught it. but i traded it, and regretted it ever since :(
My shiny pokemon log: Rattata (Pokemon Leafgreen) Zubat (Pokemon Firered) Starly (Pokemon Diamond. It also ran away so never hunt for shiny pokemon in the Safari Zone or whatever the heck that place was called) Oddish (Pokemon Firered) and Koffing (Pokemon Soulsilver) For the Koffing, at the time, I was watching Chuggaaconroy's Pokemon Crystal LP and he got a Shiny Koffing as well. Coincedence, maybe.
I've found two shinies this year. First one was in LeafGreen, when I was training my starter in Route 22, when a shiny Mankey appeared! I managed to catch it, and would've used it but it had a Modest nature :(. I just can't overlook such a crappy nature, so now it's rotting in my Diamond Shiny-box.
The other one was on 23rd of November, when after about 4 weeks of SRing, the Charmander shined! It's now in Diamond, EV trained, lv. 96 with the nickname Ancalagon :)
I was training my Litwick in Celestial Tower when I encounter a shiny Litwick :D Not only this, but timid natured. Needless to say, I checked IVS, then dropped the Litwick I currently had for the shiny xD
Aw, actually, I've never encountered a shiny, even though I've been playing since the Gen III games came out. I envy you guys :( If only I could get a shiny Ponyta... The blue flames are awesome!