Shiny challenge!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shiny challenge!

  1. #1
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Shiny challenge!

    So last night I was thinking how it'd be fun to attempt to complete a Pokemon game, encountering shinies only. Then I thought, I could do that. I have time (Sort'of) and patience, (hardly) and I like sticking to things, so.. this seems like the perfect challenge for me!

    Then I thought, Okay I'll start this challenge today. Though I'd like to see if anyone else would like to try this challenge :O

    Basically, the rules are,

    1# You can only encounter shiny Pokemon, upon seeing a normal Pokemon you must go back to your last save.
    2# Your Pokedex can only consist of shiny Pokemon unless it's impossible (Like if your rival has the Pokemon and you haven't seen it yet, OR any trainers/gym leaders.)
    3# You must only catch shiny Pokemon.
    4# You need patience, and lots of it.

    So good luck to me and my possibly 900+ hour journey. n_n

    Anyone interested?! XDD xo Cleffa


    Mew

  2. #2
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,384
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    So, let's see what this would mean.

    First, you'd have to SR a shiny starter. Fair enough, lots of people do it, it's still a pretty possible thing.

    Now, not encountering any pokémon other than shiny. This implies several things:

    You most likely will be solo-ing the game with your starter, unless there's some viable pokémon to spend another week SRing for, like a gift, or an egg with a particular shiny chance, or a Red Gyarados. Maybe you'll be lucky and eventually find a wild shiny, but I wouldn't count on it.

    You will have to avoid virtually all wild battles. Besides saving every single step and the nightmare cave areas would be, this means you will have to rely exclusively on trainer battles to level up your only pokémon, which is pretty possible as there isn't really any level spike that prevents you from defeating at least one trainer pokemon.


    So basically, it's a starter-only underleveled run that takes much longer. And where you probably spend the money of potions and TMs on Repels.
    Not difficult, but very monotonous and time-consuming. Though taking care of minimizing wild encounters seems fun.

    [/overexposition]

  3. #3
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    So, let's see what this would mean.

    First, you'd have to SR a shiny starter. Fair enough, lots of people do it, it's still a pretty possible thing.

    Now, not encountering any pokémon other than shiny. This implies several things:

    You most likely will be solo-ing the game with your starter, unless there's some viable pokémon to spend another week SRing for, like a gift, or an egg with a particular shiny chance, or a Red Gyarados. Maybe you'll be lucky and eventually find a wild shiny, but I wouldn't count on it.

    You will have to avoid virtually all wild battles. Besides saving every single step and the nightmare cave areas would be, this means you will have to rely exclusively on trainer battles to level up your only pokémon, which is pretty possible as there isn't really any level spike that prevents you from defeating at least one trainer pokemon.


    So basically, it's a starter-only underleveled run that takes much longer. And where you probably spend the money of potions and TMs on Repels.
    Not difficult, but very monotonous and time-consuming. Though taking care of minimizing wild encounters seems fun.
    Well when you put it like that; Yep! I plan on using repels for cave like areas, and using all my money on repels and potions. I'm pretty good at avoiding Pokemon wild-battles haha, but it just seems like a fun challenge.

    Plus, I've had exceptional luck with shiny Pokemon so I wonder if this will help me >:D!


    Mew

  4. #4
    Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Exceptional...!? You must have caught the entire National Pokédex already if you're thinking of doing this challenge!

    Seriously, the Shiny Charm may help, but it doesn't help that much...

    And if you're going for a shiny-only game from start to finish, that will take YEARS to complete!
    I'm sorry, but this is just a tedious and stupid idea...you're going to waste your entire life doing this challenge. It's not like we waste enough time already playing these games!
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

  5. #5
    aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Owatonna, Minnesota
    Posts
    432
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    ^^^^That seems impossible, but good luck, though. you're gonna need it

  6. #6
    OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    This seems next to impossible. I'm speaking from my own experience here, but I've NEVER seen a shiny, except for the red Gyarados. Unless it was the hacked Mew that i'm trying to convince my friend into trading me, I've never seen a shiny. Although I did catch a Zubat with Pokerus in white.

    All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

    Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

  7. #7
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    @Wishmaker Jirachi;

    I'm doing it in Black and White, I've not got the sequels yet. I have already completed a full shiny pokedex in my Pokemon White game so I'm doing it on Pokemon Black. & Yep, I have inescapable luck with shiny Pokemon lol.

    @PikaTuesday;

    Why thank you :):)

    @Little Miss Eevee;

    Hahaha I have a legit shiny Mew from Pokemon Emerald you could always have.

    Game Update:

    Shiny Snivy after 7 S+R's.


    Mew

  8. #8
    Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Pictures, please...if we're going to see this happen, I'd think it's best if we actually see proof of your luck because this challenge seems really...let's just say, "hacked".
    Asking us to endure an entire lifetime to this challenge...no thanks. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has this sort of luck unless it was forced and/or part of the game itself (i.e. Red Gyarados, Black Haxorus).

    I'm remaining absolutely sceptical on this challenge and your apparent "success".
    You can't bend the game to your liking in encounters no matter how hard you try.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

  9. #9
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    Pictures, please...if we're going to see this happen, I'd think it's best if we actually see proof of your luck because this challenge seems really...let's just say, "hacked".
    Asking us to endure an entire lifetime to this challenge...no thanks. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has this sort of luck unless it was forced and/or part of the game itself (i.e. Red Gyarados, Black Haxorus).

    I'm remaining absolutely sceptical on this challenge and your apparent "success".
    You can't bend the game to your liking in encounters no matter how hard you try.
    Okay, Okay, jesus! I'll post a picture of my Snivy, right after I charge my camera up. ^_^; happy?

    (Ps.. My success in this game is based purely on luck, and I've given away/traded away my shiny Pokemon to people so there's proof I actually catch them. Hah.)


    Mew

  10. #10
    Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    I still sense something that's been skewed in your favour...try battling on Random Matches online with those Pokémon (of course, when you are ready) and see what happens. If those are legit, you won't be banned from using them online.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

  11. #11
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    I still sense something that's been skewed in your favour...try battling on Random Matches online with those Pokémon (of course, when you are ready) and see what happens. If those are legit, you won't be banned from using them online.
    I do? LOL. I use all my Pokemon for online battles, I use my pink team mainly which consists of Pink Shinies. Do you need picture proof of that, too? x]


    Mew

  12. #12
    Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    ...you know what I mean by online battles.
    I won't bother with you anymore. These absurd challenges...it's all for bragging rights and it takes an amount of time which, frankly, most of us do not have for one reason or another, be it work, school or home projects!
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

  13. #13
    Shiny Hunter Savi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    ...you know what I mean by online battles.
    I won't bother with you anymore. These absurd challenges...it's all for bragging rights and it takes an amount of time which, frankly, most of us do not have for one reason or another, be it work, school or home projects!
    I do know what you mean considering I do them, all the time. Lol.

    Well okay, I don't have school anymore (graduated with flying colors tbh.) and I have a lot of spare time :P! Go me.


    Mew

  14. #14
    OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    Really. Next wekend, whan I'm at my dad's house I'll have WiFi. I'll PM you when I next have WiFi access!

    All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

    Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

  15. #15
    Registered User Chiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    GTS Negotiations
    Posts
    239
    Add Chiss on Facebook

    Default Re: Shiny challenge!

    This sounds pretty much impossible, but if you document it by blogging and posting pictures than it'll be awesome for all of us to follow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •