Shin'ō dex order: revealed! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō dex order: revealed!

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

From the game, of course. I assure you, there isn't anymore.

Blog Entries

The game doesn't come out until tomorrow. How could have a complete data set today?

On second thought I'll take your word for it.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

Some of the new evolutions and legendaries aren't even in the list.
    That's all the data there is. Of course, after obtaining the National Dex, who knows what new areas open up. It's like FR/LG, I think - certain evolutionary/pre-evolutionary forms (the Manaphy one, for instance) are not available prior to obtaining the National Dex. As for the omitted old Pokémon... well, perhaps they can only be obtained from the GBA games. (Or, perhaps they can be obtained in a later DS game.)
    This set-up seems eerily familiar to generation III. Pokemon GoldenSun and Pokemon SilverMoon, anyone?

More than likely, they just want to encourage porting old Pokemon, though - which have the ability to evolve further in Shinou, but are not actually from there. Sucks that I'll have to port over Magneton and Togetic before getting Ufotron and HowthehelldidTogepigetsostrongandcool?
    Last edited by Zeta; 27th September 2006 at 12:53 PM.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    This set-up seems eerily familiar to generation III. Pokemon GoldenSun and Pokemon SilverMoon, anyone?
    Did we forget that RS weren't backwards compatible with previous gens and DP are?

Also, someone encountered the Dragon/Ghost uber in-game - so it IS in there, it's just not in the dex. Strange.

Blog Entries

Like I said. I find it strange that RS had about 53% of all Pokemon available but D/P will have only 30% and lack new Pokemon of these numbers.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Al View Post
    Like I said. I find it strange that RS had about 53% of all Pokemon available but D/P will have only 30% and lack new Pokemon of these numbers.
    RBY had 100% of all Pokemon available. GSC had about 80% or so. As more Pokemon are added, the number will go down.

RBY had 100% of all Pokemon available. GSC had about 80% or so. As more Pokemon are added, the number will go down.
    Unless we ever get a game with multiple regions again. Some day, maybe they will actually pull it off in a non-crappy way. Here's hoping for Gen VII :p
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Trophies

I doubt it. Nintendo loves finding ways to squeeze more money out of its fans - especially the young ones and the stupid parents. Maybe this is just the disillusioned Nintendo fanboy in me, but I'd say the chances of us having more than 50% of the total Pokemon in a set of two games is about the same as Pokemon having a plot on level with Final Fantasy VII x)
    Last edited by Misty; 27th September 2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: needs a better 5000th post

Blog Entries

G/S was too regions put together. But considering anyone with GBA games can complete their Pokedex. Why would they try to squeeze more money out of us?

I'll say this. Action Replay and Gameshark are probably licking their chops at this.

G/S was too regions put together. But considering anyone with GBA games can complete their Pokedex. Why would they try to squeeze more money out of us?

I'll say this. Action Replay and Gameshark are probably licking their chops at this.
    bwhahahaha. Nintendo will ALWAYS want to try and squeeze money out of you...and with the high DS userbase this time around I would expect MORE milking of their customers.

Blog Entries

Yeah but most people still have their GBA games so they can easily fill D/P with their Pokemon without spending one extra cent. So why not just put 250 Pokemon (including all the Pokemon with new evos and such)?

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Not if they have more new monsters (like and alternate set) and are saving them for the emerald of this game to add to diamond and pearl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02 alpha View Post
    Not if they have more new monsters (like and alternate set) and are saving them for the emerald of this game to add to diamond and pearl.
    That is actually beside the point; there is a difference between the number of Generation IV Pokémon and the number of Pokémon obtained in Diamond and Pearl. There being only 151 Pokémon between the two versions hailed as the compilation of the series is far more surprising than the addition of no more than 107 critters. (For the record, yes, I believe that another set has been kept away from us as to allow for the release of future Generation IV games.)

The number 151 is not coincidental -- we are most likely facing the same scenario as that of FireRed and LeafGreen. In those games, there are 64 Pokémon to obtain outside of the Kanto Dex (including all three legendary beasts, but excluding the event-dependent Lugia, Ho-oh and Deoxys). Diamond and Pearl are likely to have a far higher number of National Dex Pokémon, seeing as the total number of obtainable Pokémon should exceed Emerald's (236, taking only one Johto starter per a cartridge). There can be absolutely no logical explanation for failing to meet this requirement.

Several screenshots have surfaced, showing that the National Dex can at the very least reach the 252 mark (although backwards compatibility may be involved). The five legendaries up to Manaphy seem to be covered.

Does Prof. Oak's presence have to do with the National Dex?

Blog Entries

Considering people have said to run into Pokemon that are not in the dex, the data could be incomplete (or it's easier to get the National Dex in this version). We'll have to see what happens when people start playing and ripping the actual game.

Btw....

Their WERE ledgendaries in the lake! Told ya. XD

Yeah, I posted a pic of Oak in the New Pokemon Discussion.

EDIT:
    Considering people have said to run into Pokemon that are not in the dex,
    Like what?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast