Shimuchi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shimuchi?

Default Shimuchi?

I keep on hearing about Shimuchi at Serebii. Apparently it's what Minomutchi evolves from, according to them. The problem is, there's no room for it in either the NationalDex or the KantoDex, but supposedly the three multi-colored bagworm sprites ripped from the ROM belong to it.

Anyone know if this thing really exists or if it's junk data or what? I'm thinking scrapped Pokemon here.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Isn't it NationalDex #413?

Blog Entries

Minomucchi's evos are Minomadamu and Gaameiru. They must've heard some rumor and it got mixed into the real info.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I remember seeing a Pokedex entry of it though.....

If you look at the ripped icons, you can see that towards the end you get the alternate version of Karanakushi and its evo (the sea slugs) you also get some Minomucchi/Minomadam looking things. I'm think it's the same way as Karanakushi, depending on where you catch it, Minomucchi will look different.

Now, if you look at base stats, you can see that #499 and #500 which have the same totals as Minomadam (plus their gender ratios are 100% Female) but are Bug/Ground and Bug/Steel types.

Here's my theory combining the two, after seeing the DP episode caps (2nd episode) where the wild Minomucchi's leaves fall off. Minomucchi only uses leaves as a camouflage. Which depends on its location! So depending on where it is, it has to use different things to camouflage itself, which is why there are 3 versions. Once it evolves into Minomadam however, the camouflage becomes more a part of the Pokemon so it gains an extra type, depending on what was on it as a Minomucchi

Which is why you get three types of Minomadam! Bug/Grass is where it uses leaves (available in forests), Bug/Ground is where is uses dirt/sand (available on the ground/desert), and Bug/Steel is where it uses [metal (available in cities)]

P.S. Evolving into Garmeil means it loses the camouflage, that's why there's only one version of Garmeil

EDIT: So according to Zhen Lin, the Steel form is probably a city dwelling one, heh!
    Last edited by redchesus; 30th September 2006 at 10:43 AM.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Which is why you get three types of Minomadam! Bug/Grass is where is uses leaves (available in forests), Bug/Ground is where is uses dirt (available on the ground), and Bug/Steel is where it uses metal cores (??? available in caves???)
    Bingo! Masuda Jun'ichi hinted at a Pokémon that would change its form when in a city. This must be the one.

*scratches head* So how the heck do we list it's type?

So, it changes depening on the location you are battling in?

That is SUPPOSEDLY Shinmucchi.
    Last edited by Habunake; 30th September 2006 at 12:19 PM.

Here's the episode I was talking about, apparently that's what it looks like underneath. I know game =/= anime, but they wouldn't completely change the pokemon design between them:

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp002/053.jpg

@Cybercircle:
    Considering they have different icons, I think it's a permanent thing. Just like Karanakushi, it's different depending on where you find it, but it's like that permantly. Even if you bring it to another location.

EDIT: Just looked at the stats again, the Grass Minomadam has Defense/Special Defense of 85/105, the Ground one has 105/85 and the Steel one has 95/95... VERY similar to the Regi's, hmmm
    Last edited by redchesus; 30th September 2006 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Here's the episode I was talking about, apparently that's what it looks like underneath. I know game =/= anime, but they wouldn't completely change the pokemon design between them:

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp002/053.jpg

@Cybercircle:
    Considering they have different icons, I think it's a permanent thing. Just like Karanakushi, it's different depending on where you find it, but it's like that permantly. Even if you bring it to another location.
    Poor Minomucchi! ;O;

How weird. Again, the question on how the hell we list this Pokemon in the Bulbapedia arises. @_@

The Dude Abides

Aw, Minomuchi is cute. Poor thing.
    Interesting that Minomadam can be different types. Sort of freaky.

Not just different types, but different stats and movesets too. I just checked. This thing really is six different Pokemon considered 2, for some reason. O_o

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Yeah it seems weird that it can be different types, but that's kinda cool. The part in the episode was actually pretty funy where it started picking up the leaves that fell off of it.

Naked Minnomuchhi is damn sexy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast