The sea slug...?

Thread: The sea slug...?

Default The sea slug...?

Ok, so I have caught the pink sea slug-like Pokemon. Number 60 I believe. It's female. I'm on Route 213, and have just encountered a blue sea slug-like Pokemon. At first I thought it was the evolution, but after the encounter it did not appear in the Pokedex. I then assumed it was the male version. In terms of there being gender differences. But just now, I encounted a FEMALE version of the blue sea slug-like Pokemon. WTF? Can someone explain this Pokemon to me? What's with the different versions?

It's a regional difference - like in the Anime how Vileplume in the Orange Islands had orange spots and Butterfree's wings were different. Or how the Arbok in each region have different hood-faces.

Blue ones appear in certain areas and pink ones appear in certain areas. They can both be either gender. As far as anyone knows, there is no practical difference between them aside from color. Just pick whichever color suits you.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Oh wow. That's awesome. Is it just this Pokemon that takes into account regional difference? Thanks for the help, and answering the question. Had left me confused.

Minomutchi and Minomadam, the new bagworms - have three different colorations and subtypes (Ground, Steel, Grass). But since they're hard to catch (you apparently need to fish for them in trees using honey somehow) no one is sure if there are three different varieties of if it changes to suit the terrain.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Blue ones appear in certain areas and pink ones appear in certain areas. They can both be either gender. As far as anyone knows, there is no practical difference between them aside from color. Just pick whichever color suits you.
    After receiving your first Pokédex upgrade, you can check on each variant of the Pokémon. The pink one is the western sea variant, and the blue one is the eastern sea variant.

When is the first Pokedex upgrade, I was wondering when you can see Male/Female differences?

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

Just before you enter the 6th gym town one of the Prof's aids gives it to you.

Ah, cool.

Does it allow you to change your height/weight as well?

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
    Just before you enter the 6th gym town one of the Prof's aids gives it to you.
    To be precise, the same aide who gives you the Exp. Share, who is also Hikari's (or Kōki's) father.