Scramble Challenge

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scramble Challenge

Default Scramble Challenge

Ok, I found something on another forum that died off, so I'm continuing it here. The Scramble Challenge is where you let others pick your Pokemon for you! Just put in the game, if you can trade or not, and any special preferences. Here's my form:

I would like to do this on my completed copy of Black, no trading, I like dark, water, grass, ice, must have one flying type.

Team now:
    -Cryogonal (If it faints I must toss all copies of whatever item would sell for the most money.)
    -Sewaddle (Female can go to Leavanny, male can only go to Swadloon)
    -Sandile (Can't evolve unless it can solo Grimsley's Krookodile, must hold BlackGlasses)
    -Sigilyph (Can't battle in any weather condition unless last Pokémon on team)
    -Frillish (Can't use Ghost type moves until it evolves, can't use non-STAB moves after it evolves)
    -Darumaka (Can only use Special/Status moves, can't evolve)

Edit: Forgot rules! Here they are!

1. No one can issue a Pokemon to a challenger that already has the Pokemon in their team.
    2. No useless Pokemon, unless the challenger wants useless Pokemon
    3. Each challenger must post the version used and if they can't trade. This is so people issuing Pokemon knows what Pokemon he/she can or can’t issue.
    4. You can only issue one Pokemon to each challenger.
    5. Challengers must state Pokemon the don’t want so they aren’t issued that Pokemon.
    6. You must accept the Pokemon issued to you if you didn’t state that you did not want it.
    Last edited by 5illy; 18th May 2011 at 08:40 PM.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Default Re: Scramble Challenge

Cryogonal for the ice type?

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Scramble Challenge

http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/t868-pokemon-scramble-challenge

Has anyone ever heard of these? From what I can make of it, you essentially get other people to choose your team for you, but each Pokemon has a certain condition that you have to keep it under throughout play. For example, I saw one once were a guy had to use an Oddish, but he was only allowed to evolve it into a gloom if he was able to beat Blue's Growlithe with it in Lavender Town, and then it would only be allowed to become a Vileplume if it was able to defeat one of Blaine's Pokemon all by itself.

It's not limited to just stuff like that though, I saw another one that someone gave a guy were, once they had the Good Rod, they had to go back to Pallet, use the rod, and capture the first cath they make with the rod, and then he had all of these different conditions depending on which one he caught. The only one I can remember right now is that if it was a Magikarp or Gyarados that he caught, he had to teach it Rest and wasn't allowed to get forget it for the whole game.

What are your opinions on this? Has anyone ever tried it? If so, what was your experience like? Would anyone like to set me some challenges for Saphire? The only thing is that I'll definitly be using a Mudkip, because I've never actually had one before, but feel free to set me a challenge involving said Mudkip.

CHALLENGE LIST:
    Okay, so the thread has gotten to the stage that it's getting difficult to keep track of who's doing what challenges. From now on, I'm going to be keeping a list of people who are waiting for challenges and the challenges they have already recieved (including who from, since you're only really supposed to give one challenge per person). I'll also include any rules they have already set themselves. Please try to check back regularly, and while witing to recieve challenges, please be considerate and give others some of their own. Thank you, here's the current list, which I'll try to update as regularly as I can. ALSO, I dunno if it really matters, but I'm from the UK, so if you live in America and the dates in the 'Last challenged recieved' brackets seem to be off, bear that in mind. If it's still wrong, let me know:

DeathHound: (Yellow Version, now that Squirtle has been picked, doesn't want Charmander or Bulbasaur) (Last challenge recieved: Friday the 11th of June from Baron Dante)
    Sandshrew - Can't fight ghosts, may only evolve after filling party. (Chromas)
    Squirtle - May only evolve after soloing Erika's Tangela, and again when it has four different types of move. May not learn new moves upon evolving into Blastoise. (Baron Dante) (Edited by Chromas due to impossibility)
    Grimer - Can't evolve until defeating Blaine's Ninetales. (BlueNostalgia)
    Vulpix: Must be bought from Game Corner, can only be healed with Lemonade, and may only evolve after soloing an indoor trainer. (Chromas) (Yet to be accepted)
    Venonat: May not evolve. (Baron Dante) (Yet to be accepted)

GameAddictionable: (White Version, chose Snivy, awaited challenge, chose Panpur as HM slave) (Last challenge recieved: Monday the 6th of June from Chromas)
    Snivy - Must battle anything it is disadvantaged against (by being a lower level or by the opponent being super effective). May only stop this after learing Toxic, which it must keep to evolve into Serperior (Chromas)
    Panpour - HM slave (Self chosen)
    Blitzle - No electric moves until defeating Elesa's Zebstrika with no help (including items). Move that KOs Zebstika must be kept for good. (Baron Dante)
    Sawk - If ability is Inner Focus, learn and keep attract ASAP, if ability is Sturdy, learn and keep Rest ASAP. (BlueNostalgia)
    Audino: It may only have moves it learns by level up, expect for HMs, which may not be deleted. (Baron Dante) (Yet to be accepted)
    Tirtouga: May not be ressurected from fossil until after beating the Plasma Grunts at Cold Storage, and may only evolve on water based terrain. (Chromas) (Yet to be accepted)

Spriter: (White Version, Snivy Starter, Panpour HM slave) (Last challenge recieved: Monday the 6th of June from StartNotice)
    Snivy: May not evolve (Self chosen) Must be the one to defeat the last Pokemon in major fights when possible (Baron Dante)
    Larvesta: Collect the Larvesta egg from the gentleman on Route 18. It is unable to hold any Lucky Egg or Exp. Share items, and cannot use Fire-type moves that cause direct damage until it evolves. (Chromas)
    Pidove: If it's male, he must solo two of Elesa's Pokemon to evolve to his final form, and if female, she must learn and keep Attract ASAP. (BlueNostalgia)
    Sewaddle: Cannot fight in rain, water routes, or against water types. (StartNotice)
    Timburr: Can't fight fire types, and may only evolve once after soloing Skyla's Swoobat. May not evolve a second time. (StartNotice)
    Sandile: May not battle in water baised terrain, must continuously wear Blackglasses ASAP, and can only evolve once. (NintendoAddict)

Thundagere: (White Version) (Last challenge recieved: Tuesday the 11th of June from Baron Dante)
    Tepig: No HMs, and must learn every new move by level up in place of its oldest move. (Chromas)
    Stoutland: (Pending)
    Confagrius: May not evolve until soloing Skyla. (BlueNostalgia)
    Sandile: Has to learn Crunch, but may not learn Bite. Must defeat N's Zekrom / Reshiram to evolve to it's final form, and may only use items during the E4 after beating the E4's Krookodile. (Baron Dante) (Edited slightly by Thundagere)
    Scraggy: Must solo Clay's entire Gym to evolve. (BlueNostalgia)
    Emolga: May only use Electric Moves (Baron Dante) (Yet to be accepted)

My brain was bitten!: (HeartGold Version) (Last challenge recieved: Tuesday the 7th of June from Baron Dante)
    Cyndaquil: May only evolve once. (Self chosen) Flame Wheel may be its only fire move. (Baron Dante) (Yet to be accepted)
    Scyther: May not evolve, must always have a flying move. (Thundagere) (Yet to be accepted)
    Sentret: Must solo Bugsy to evolve, after which it cannot use hold items. (BlueNostalgia) (Yet to be accepted)
    Murkrow: Must be female and may not fight male Pokemon. (Chromas)

X8D: (White Version) (Last challenge recieved: Wednesday the 8th of June from Thundagere)
    Scraggy: It must keep Headbutt until it can learn Head Smash. It also has to know Scary Face to be allowed to evolve. (Baron Dante)
    Oshawott: May not evolve until soloing a Gym Leader, and then again until battle with Zekrom. Must always know a slashin move (IE Slash, Fury Cutter, Razor Shell etc) (Chromas)
    Sandile: May only evolve once unless it defeats 10 Plasma Grunts, and even then only when it gets to N's Castle. Must always wear Blackglasses. If defeated, all other Pokemon in party must level up at least once until it can be used again. (Thundagere)
    ???: Must use one of the elemental monkeys of challenger's choosing. Whichever is picked, may not use STAB moves. (BlueNostalgia) (Yet to be accepted)
    Venipede: Must be male and nicknamed Morelli. Must learn Attract ASAP and use it imedietly on every female opponent. May not evolve into Scolipede until fathering an egg. (Glory Blaze) (Yet to be accepted)
    Petilil: May only evolve after soloing Arty's Whirlipede (スローデス)

スローデス: (Black Version, Oshawott as starter) (Last challenge recieved: Wednesday the 8th of June from Araleon)
    Oshawott: Must keep Razor Shell forever. Must learn and keep Strength and Surf ASAP. (Self Chosen)
    Munna: May not evolve until level 37. It may not take part in 'important' battles (ie Gym Leaders, Cheren etc), except against N and Bianca. After Zen Headbutt is learned, it must remain its only offencive Psychic attack. (Baron Dante)
    Whimsicott: Must know a flying move to evolve, which cannot be removed after evolution. (Chromas)
    Axew: Must solo at least one of Bryce's Pokemon and one of Drayden's Pokemon to evolve into a Haxorus. (BlueNostalgia) (Yet to be accepted)
    ???: First Pokemon found in DW must be used. If it can evolve, it may not do so until defeating a gym leader' (of the challenger's choice) signature Pokemon. (Araleon)

LevitatingLamprey: (LeafGreen Version, has requested the challenges to be relatively difficult) (Last challenge recieved: Friday the 11th of June from Baron Dante)
    Abra: May not evolve into Kadabra until Sliph Co has been cleared and it has landed the finishing move on one of Giovanni's Pokemon. May not evolve into Alakazam until all badges have been collected. (Chromas) (Yet to be accepted)
    ???: Catch and use the first Pokemon you find on Route 3. if it's a Pidgey, you may never evolve it into a Pidgeot, and it may only evolve into a Pidgeotto after soloing one of Surge's Pokemon. If it's a Male Nidoran, it may not use Poison Moves until it becomes a Nidoking, after which it may not use Ground Moves. If it's a Female Nidoran, it must keep Growl forever, and may only evolve into Nidoqueen after soloing one of Sabrina's Pokemon. If it's a Spearow, it must keep Growl and Leer forever, unless it solos one of Surge's Pokemon, and may only evolve into a Fearow once you reach Cinnabar Island. If it's a Jigglypuff, it must keep Sing forever and must wait until it has soloed Erika to evolve. And finally, it its a Mankey, it may not evolve until soloing at least one of Sabrina's Pokemon, after which it cannot use damaging fighting attacks. (BlueNostalgia) (Yet to be accepted)
    ???: Pick one of the fossils (preferably by flipping a coin). If it's Kabuto, it must always know Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain, and may only know one ofther offencive move. That move must be Ancient Power for it to be allowed to evolve, after which it must keep Ancient Power as its one other offencive move. If Omanyte is chosen, it must always keep Withdraw, with the only other water move it may use being Hydro Pump, which it cannot learn until after it evolves. If either of its other two move slots are taken by a TM or HM, then they must be kept permanently. (Baron Dante) (Yet to be accepted)

If there's anyone I've forgotten or any errors, PM me.
    Last edited by BlueNostalgia; 11th June 2011 at 05:00 PM.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNostalgia View Post
    http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/t868-pokemon-scramble-challenge

Has anyone ever heard of these? From what I can make of it, you essentially get other people to choose your team for you, but each Pokemon has a certain condition that you have to keep it under throughout play. For example, I saw one once were a guy had to use an Oddish, but he was only allowed to evolve it into a gloom if he was able to beat Blue's Growlithe with it in Lavender Town, and then it would only be allowed to become a Vileplume if it was able to defeat one of Blaine's Pokemon all by itself.

It's not limited to just stuff like that though, I saw another one that someone gave a guy were, once they had the Good Rod, they had to go back to Pallet, use the rod, and capture the first cath they make with the rod, and then he had all of these different conditions depending on which one he caught. The only one I can remember right now is that if it was a Magikarp or Gyarados that he caught, he had to teach it Rest and wasn't allowed to get forget it for the whole game.

What are your opinions on this? Has anyone ever tried it? If so, what was your experience like? Would anyone like to set me some challenges for Saphire? The only thing is that I'll definitly be using a Mudkip, because I've never actually had one before, but feel free to set me a challenge involving said Mudkip.
    :3 I came up with one.

Mudkip must keep Growl and Mud-Slap until it evolves into Swampert. The other moves are up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    Mudkip must keep Growl and Mud-Slap until it evolves into Swampert. The other moves are up to you.
    Challenge accepted :P anyone else? Make them tricky, but at the same time, reasonable
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

@BlueNostalgia:Poochyena must solo Dewford Gym(trainers included) if you want him to evolve
    @5illy:Sewaddle for grass,only female can evolve to Leavanny,males can only evolve to Swadloon
    Last edited by Kanpai; 11th May 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: forgot something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanpai View Post
    Poochyena must solo Dewford Gym(trainers included) if you want him to evolve
    Oh good greif, okay :P

By the way, there'll be some challenges I'll be dismissing. This is really an attempt for me to get to know some of the third gen Pokemon a little better, so preferably come up with challenges using the slightly more obscure Pokemon, although again, don't make it impossible for me :P

Blog Entries

I'll take this challenge on.

I'll be doing Diamond I suppose.

Only thing I will not goddamn do is raise a Magikarp. If I can catch a Gyarados it's fine though. I trained a Magikarp in SS on stupid challenge... It needs help. It is slow. I hate it.

But yeah. You get to decide everything, from starters to the very end. While I enjoy challenge, I'd rather not do anything that requires insane overleveling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    I'll take this challenge on.
    Okay, if I give you a challenge, will you give me one for Sapphire? :)

Use a Shinx and allow it to learn Spark when it reaches level 13. This is the only electric move it's allowed to learn. Unless you can use it to solo Barry in Hearthome City, you aren't allowed to evolve it into a Luxray.

Blog Entries

Fair enough. For the record, Sing sucks. Okay, so that'll be at Route 202. :D

Hmm, Sapphire? Get a Slugma. Have it keep Smog until it evolves.

@BaronDante Chimchar can only evolve(to Monferno) if he solos Roark and must keep mach punch till evolving to Infernape

EDIT: Doin' nothing so gunna do it in Platinum,starter ill be turtwig for god's sake no magikarp and no things about natures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Hmm, Sapphire? Get a Slugma. Have it keep Smog until it evolves.
    Baron, sorry, I changed your challenge, I thought it was a little too hard. Kricketune isn't great as it is never mind forcing it to have a pretty useless move. I edited it so quick that I didn't think you'd notice :S I'm accepting your challenge, only I'm going to keep Smog the whole time, just to make it a little bit more tricky :)

EDIT: Doin' nothing so gunna do it in Platinum,starter ill be turtwig for god's sake no magikarp and no things about natures
    Catch a Buizel. Other than Surf, you can't teach it any moves that it doesn't learn via level up, that includes TMs, HMs, the move relearner, and breeding moves.

can it evolve?

Blog Entries

can it evolve?
    yup :) it'd be too hard otherwise

Blog Entries

Hmm, this makes it much more fun actually. :D

As far as Kenpei goes... You shall catch a Zubat. It is not allowed to learn any STAB moves before it evolves into a Crobat. Thus, no Poison or Flying type attacks.

Meaning the only level-up learnt offensive moves it learns are Leech Life, Astonish and Bite. xD Happiness evolution, I'd say it evolves around level 40 if there's not too many deaths.

That should be fun.
    Last edited by Baron Dante; 11th May 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast