A Safari Zone mode.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ZACH ATTACK
  • 1 Post By boabiol

Thread: A Safari Zone mode.

Lightbulb A Safari Zone mode.

The Pokemon found in the Safari Zone and the Pokemon found outside behave differently, the Safari Zone Pokemon are more shy and flee under certain conditions.

How about an optional Safari Zone mode where all Pokemon behaviors in every area are just like the ones in the Safari Zone, the options of the main character are also the same(ex: Bait, Throw Rock etc.), but a bit different, in order to capture the Pokemon, the trainer must feed it bait or make it enraged, but afterward. you send out your Pokemon to weaken it.

Or even to a greater level, even after the Pokemon are caught, they still behave the same as they were in the wild, they could even flee from you AFTER you own them, and you'd have to bait or enrage them to prevent it. Unless you build a certain amount of friendship with them, then they'll stop trying to escape.

Would this mode make capturing and raising Pokemon more challenging?
    What do you think about this? :)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: A Safari Zone mode.

Id it had the same mechanics and the Pokemon could flee, I could see this being very annoying. The idea of Pokemon being able to flee from you after they are caught isnt such a good one because its not always easy to raise Happiness, like if a Pokemon is weak/faints repetedly is could be a hassle and a person could potentially lose what could be a good Pokemon from a simple mistake. I think it would definately be more challenging but I cant see many players being crazy about the idea. I personally am not in favor of it.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

It would be awful. *Encounters Mewtwo* *Shiny sparkles* "The wild Mewtwo fled!" Or even worse, if you caught it and then sent it out it could run away from you.
    Shiny Celebi and sonic10158 like this.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    It would be awful. *Encounters Mewtwo* *Shiny sparkles* "The wild Mewtwo fled!" Or even worse, if you caught it and then sent it out it could run away from you.
    Yeah, that would be a bummer, especially if shiny! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Id it had the same mechanics and the Pokemon could flee, I could see this being very annoying. The idea of Pokemon being able to flee from you after they are caught isnt such a good one because its not always easy to raise Happiness, like if a Pokemon is weak/faints repetedly is could be a hassle and a person could potentially lose what could be a good Pokemon from a simple mistake. I think it would definately be more challenging but I cant see many players being crazy about the idea. I personally am not in favor of it.
    Perhaps if some gameplay mechanics like the Happiness and Friendship were changed to be much more easier to gain, in that mode, fleeing after caught would be less likely :)

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I would like for us fans and gamers to be able to start out in a Safari-Zone like area and allow us to catch our first pokemon in that area instead of being stuck with the starter pokemon at the beginning of the game
    Starting at the Safari Zone? Thats an excellent idea, I never thought of that, you'd get alot more variety in your beginning Pokemon, it wouldn't even have to be Fire,Grass, or Water! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisyko View Post
    I kind of like this idea. Although, instead if having the pokemon potentially fleeing after being caught, the happiness mechanics could change where the pokemon was "stubborn" and maybe wouldn't "obey" the trainer right away, (kind of like trading high level pokemon when you are a low level trainer). The game would emphasize on different strategies and tasks that could encourage pokemon happiness. For instance, switching a pokemon out of battble in order to keep it from fainting would encourage the pokemon's happiness level and "trust" for the trainer.
    Thats nice, I like that idea more than what I originally thought of, much more convenient this way :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisyko View Post
    This would go well with another fan-made game play where the trainer is actually Prof. Oak as a child, and it was his very first journey. The player would have to make his/her own pokeballs using apricots (kind of like in HG/SS), but the mechanics would be more like the poffin maker in D/P/Pl, so it would be more of a challenge on the player's perspective. In this version the pokedex has not been invented, and this would also be part of the player's interaction. When a pokemon is caught the trainer would have to make a rough sketch of the pokemon in a "Notebook" and fill in your very own pokedex entry.
    Ooh, thats would be awesome! A game where you get to play as Prof.Oak and INVENT the Pokedex instead of trying to fill an already made one. I'd love to play that! :D
    Last edited by AntJR; 18th November 2012 at 10:46 PM.

I would like for us fans and gamers to be able to start out in a Safari-Zone like area and allow us to catch our first pokemon in that area instead of being stuck with the starter pokemon at the beginning of the game (I know someone who did not like any of the Pokemon Black and White starters), but other than that I do not want an official Safari-Zone mode for the ENTIRE game.
    Chibisyko likes this.

Blog Entries

I kind of like this idea. Although, instead if having the pokemon potentially fleeing after being caught, the happiness mechanics could change where the pokemon was "stubborn" and maybe wouldn't "obey" the trainer right away, (kind of like trading high level pokemon when you are a low level trainer). The game would emphasize on different strategies and tasks that could encourage pokemon happiness. For instance, switching a pokemon out of battble in order to keep it from fainting would encourage the pokemon's happiness level and "trust" for the trainer.

This would go well with another fan-made game play where the trainer is actually Prof. Oak as a child, and it was his very first journey. The player would have to make his/her own pokeballs using apricots (kind of like in HG/SS), but the mechanics would be more like the poffin maker in D/P/Pl, so it would be more of a challenge on the player's perspective. In this version the pokedex has not been invented, and this would also be part of the player's interaction. When a pokemon is caught the trainer would have to make a rough sketch of the pokemon in a "Notebook" and fill in your very own pokedex entry.