SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 87

Page 87 of 760 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 11397
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    But I also doubt that the smoke means anything and that it's just a nice background effect.
    There is absolutely no reason to put a smoke effect on the background if it isn't related to Yveltal in some way. I'm not saying the smoke hints its type, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitCrown View Post
    Xerneas is likely a Fairy/Water type or reversed. Yveltal is clearly a Dark/Flying type or reversed.
    In your opinion, of course. I personally think Xerneas is likely Grass/Fairy or Steel/Fairy and Yveltal Flying/Ghost, Flying/Poison or Flying/Dark.

Visit LimitCrown's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Xerneas is likely a Fairy/Water type or reversed. Yveltal is clearly a Dark/Flying type or reversed.
    In your opinion, of course. I personally think Xerneas is likely Grass/Fairy or Steel/Fairy and Yveltal Flying/Ghost, Flying/Poison or Flying/Dark.
    Grass/Fairy is also a likely choice, but I chose the Water-type because I believe that Xerneas is based on Eikþyrnir, "from his horns distils such abundant exudation that it comes down into Hvergelmir, and from thence fall those rivers." Where did the Steel-type theory come from? Also, in Yveltal's name, there is yvel, which means evil. This points toward it being a Dark-type Pokemon. It may not even be evil.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I know the smoke relates to Yvetal (it on his "side" of the site, with the sky), I just don't think it really means anything too important.

Also, people say Steel because of Xerneas'...heel-hoove thingies. I guess they're metallic or something.

There's also another theory that I've heard which says that Yveltal is based on either the unnamed eagle or Hræsvelgr from Norse mythology. Hræsvelgr sits at the edge of the world and causes the wind to blow when he beats his wings during flight. He is also known as the Corpse Swallower.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Grass/Fairy is also a likely choice, but I chose the Water-type because I believe that Xerneas is based on Eikþyrnir, "from his horns distils such abundant exudation that it comes down into Hvergelmir, and from thence fall those rivers." Where did the Steel-type theory come from? Also, in Yveltal's name, there is yvel, which means evil. This points toward it being a Dark-type Pokemon. It may not even be evil.
    I forgot to mention that the Ceryneian Hind had antlers of gold and hooves of bronze. The four stags you mentioned are thought to represent either the four seasons, or different types of wind, while Eikþyrnir is stated as living atop Valhalla, and eating a tree which signifies betrayal. I doubt that they'd make another deer-esque creature based on the seasons, although the wind thing could be interesting to see in such a land-based animal. Little is really known about Eikþyrnir, but the water purification bit does sound like it would be stepping on Suicune's toes a little. If they were to relate it back to Valhalla and make it part fighting I could see it working, but I also doubt that they would make a deer-esque creature part fighting after the muskedeers last gen. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just can't see it being part water.

There's also another theory that I've heard which says that Yveltal is based on either the unnamed eagle or Hræsvelgr from Norse mythology. Hræsvelgr sits at the edge of the world and causes the wind to blow when he beats his wings during flight. He is also known as the Corpse Swallower.
    That sounds seriously nasty then again, it could be quite fitting for a dark type legendary (if Yveltal is part dark).

Blog Entries

Hmm... That is an interesting reasoning for Xerneas' type being Fairy/Water. Thanks for explaining! Well, what makes me think that Xerneas might be Steel/Fairy is some details on its design, like the colors (slightly similar to Empoleon and Cobalion's) and the fact Xerneas doesn't have proper feet, instead its legs look like razors. Also, I would like to mention that the gems on Xerneas horns might imply that its type is Rock/Fairy or Rock/Any-other-type.

In regards of Yvetal, having evil on its name doesn't necessarily mean it is a Dark-type Pokémon (but I admit that Dark is a very likely possibility). Also, Xerneas being Fairy (which is supposedly super effective against Dark) would be a little bit unfair for Yveltal, unless Xerneas is Grass/Fairy, Flying is SE against Grass and Fairy is (again, supposedly) SE against Dark. Then again, that didn't stop Game Freak from giving Groudon a type that is weak to Kyogre's type back in Generation III.

If they made Dark-type Pokémon weak to something, them all Ghost/Dark-type Pokemon lose their ability to be neither weak nor resistant to anything.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I looked at the website and the "smoke". Honestly, it doesn't look that much like smoke to me, it could be a night sky or just copying the box art with that black and white effect. (wild guess here)

The smoke is probably Yveltal soaring through the sky.
    Last edited by LimitCrown; 26th June 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Blog Entries

The smoke doesn't look like Yveltal. In fact, it doesn't look like smoke either. I just don't think they would put an effect on Yveltal's side on the background if it isn't related to the legendary Pokémon in some way.

The smoke symbolizes Yveltal.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Finally found the important points in the New Pokemon topic.

But yeah, this is the backgrond itself

and this is the smog/smoke/cloud/blahblah spinning around

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    But yeah, this is the backgrond itself
    Okay. But no more speculating about the "smoke" on Yveltal's side unless you're going to also speculate about the "light" on Xerneas's side. All I see is it being used for visual contrast.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

On the other side, the leaves are moving.

I think xerneas is steel/psychic or steel fairy. Xerneas might also be a grass type( grass/steel?), as we can see plants in the background. Xerneas is also heavy, so, i think it has higher chances of being a steel type.

LinkBacks (?)