SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 86

Page 86 of 760 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 11397
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Default Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

If Pikachu were to be retyped electric/fairy, I doubt the anime would spend that much time dwelling on it.. XD

New companion: "WHAT?! Geez, Ash, I thought you said you & Pikachu have been travelling together since you left Kanto? Everyone knows that all Pikachu are electric/fairy..."

Eh, I'd rather see the electric rat learn a few fairy moves. It would experience some of the benefits of the new type without having additional weaknesses slapped on... which could be better for it, but of course that depends on the rest of fairy's battle properties.

Lord of Chaos

Am I the only one who noticed the purple, swirling smog on the Y side of the official X/Y website? The only things I've seen relatively close to that in Pokemon were Smog(which is unlikely) and...the auras of Shadow Pokemon from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Could Cipher be a recurring enemy team for the new region, or have Shadow Pokemon just made the migration?

Not seeing it. Links or pics plz?

Visit LimitCrown's Youtube Channel

I doubt that the Shadow-type will be back. They never said anything else about a new type. Yveltal is probably a Dark-type.

It just looks like some kind of embellishment to compliment the moving leaf pattern, "blue sky", and the whiteness on the X side since it drifts by as the leaves move. Besides for all we know Yveltal might be half dark...and that's why there's a shadowy presence on the other side.

Another idea is that X has something to do with genetically modifying plant life, and Y has something to do with the sky and weather?

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

I never noticed it until you pointed it out - it has to have some sort of relevance. It definitely seems very 'smoggy', and seeing as Kalos is supposed to be the 'beautiful' region, maybe a story line is somehow the evil team is releasing some sort of smog, which like was said above, destroys plant life and/or has a bad effect on Pokemon.

Or it could just be a reference to Yveltal's 'dark' typing, but it seems more ghosty if it wasn't smog. Perhaps Yveltal is Poison? (speculation of it relating to Yveltal is only based on the fact that it is on its side of the background)

Yveltal does have "yvel" in its name, but I don't think that it would be evil.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Oh boy, I remember that discussion. There's a few pages all about it in the new pokemon thread.

The site background is the same as their respective box backgrounds, so Yvetal has the smoggy sky and Xerneas has the forest. Could be type hints, and at most I'd say grass and poison.

Yveltal doesn't exactly show that it is a Poison-type, nor does the black smoke imply that it is a poison-type.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

It's kinda purple, tbh. Unless its Ghost type, but I doubt that.

But I also doubt that the smoke means anything and that it's just a nice background effect.
    Neptune's Disciple likes this.

The site background is the same as their respective box backgrounds, so Yvetal has the smoggy sky and Xerneas has the forest. Could be type hints, and at most I'd say grass and poison.
    Maybe,... we'd get our first poison legend but I can't really see it. I don't see Xerneas being grass either considering it has NO foliage on it but you never know......
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROql0OUuCc45P-UCQH-70OMlGMdi8cRNb5eAEGXqu2qi388VDZFw

Xerneas is likely a Fairy/Water type or reversed. Yveltal is clearly a Dark/Flying type or reversed.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LimitCrown View Post
    Xerneas is likely a Fairy/Water type or reversed. Yveltal is clearly a Dark/Flying type or reversed.
    Reason for it being Water?

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LimitCrown View Post
    Where do you get the Water type from for Xerneas?

I imagine that it will be Fairy/Steel. Fairy because it looks like it is a forest guardian of some description (as Fairies or Nymphs are often described), and Steel because it looks like its forelegs and antlers are made of Bronze, which would link it to the Ceryneian Hind - a mythologial deer of Greek mythology. Something that both sounds and looks quite similar to Xerneas. IIRC, the Hind is also related to Artemis, Goddess of the moon among many other things, while her twin brother, Apollo is god of the sun (etc etc), and could be related to a very large avian creature like Yveltal. This would also serve to link Xerneas and Yveltal to classical western mythology and culture, as ancient Greece is considered the base of western culture.

Note that Xerneas has 4 sets of antlers, each with a different color. There's a theory that it's based on the 4 stags of Yggdrasil from Norse Mythology. There is also a theory that those four stags were originally the stag called Eikþyrnir.

LinkBacks (?)