SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 51
Page 51 of 760 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

The entire theory about MageLeif and Tai going out of their way to cover their tracks in the most ridiculous way possible just doesn't make sense. Had they been so afraid of TPCi, they wouldn't have leaked anything. MageLeif posted the information back in February on a forum where quite a few of his personal details are viewable.

Also, surely WPM would have been sent a cease and desist order if MageLeif had really gotten into trouble.
    Last edited by Silktree; 18th May 2013 at 02:36 AM.

I won't bite... Emerald-eyed Sableye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The entire theory about MageLeif and Tai going out of their way to cover their tracks in the most ridiculous way possible just doesn't make sense. Had they been so afraid of TPCi, they wouldn't have leaked anything. MageLeif posted the information back in February on a forum where quite a few of his personal details are viewable.

Also, surely WPM would have been sent a cease and desist order if MageLeif had really gotten into trouble.
    Yeah I for sure can agree with everything your saying. I don't know but something about this whole debacle seems off to me.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

This reminds me of shit Joss Whedon used to do with Buffy's online fandom - leak real and fake details at the same time to freak people out.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master
    I even ventured to think that the source was just not thinking clearly and not realizing that his friend was trying to get some sort of sick attention out of all this. I even told the source to stop talking to Tai and defriend him. The source did not do it - I figured he just didn't know how to handle the situation (he was very freaked out that people had even found him).
    I think that MageLeif knew exactly what he was doing. It's WPM who didn't understand what was going on, and he still doesn't.

I still have some information I have not released, and since I did not sign an NDA, nothing is technically holding me back from releasing it.
    Oh, please. MageLeif didn't sign such an agreement, either, and yet he was allegedly forced to do so yesterday when his roommate got fired.

I also talked to several people over the past few days who work under TPCi and all of them agree that the company does not want to work with anyone but themselves. I also sent TPCi an email the other day and they never responded, so I think that speaks for itself.
    TPCi ignoring WPM speaks for itself? It does, in the sense that they don't care about what's going on, most likely because nothing major has actually been leaked.
    Last edited by Silktree; 18th May 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries

This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

If that makes any sense.
    Last edited by NoirGrimoir; 18th May 2013 at 03:08 AM.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm having a bit of hard time believing this to be true for various reasons. Considering that the information was posted in February, one would think he'd get in trouble then instead of a couple of months later. If it is true and he did get fired, then that is too bad, but it still seems rather questionable to me at the very least.

I love how WPM can't stand Tai. It's clear that Tai is very nonchalant about the situation and that he knows everything MageLeif does. This is giving WPM a headache.

Tai is acting like a troll because there is nothing at all serious about the situation. It's amusing that WPM's legion of fans think that he knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by Silktree; 18th May 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Blog Entries

About the leaks; Fairy Type is sensible and seems like it was created specifically to balance the type charts a bit.

I hope this doesn't invalidate the rumored features. Well, they weren't ever validated but I did trust them after the localized names were revealed.

Well, that was crazy. Pokemon leaks are serious business, man.

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course it's serious. Pokemon,while for kids, makes huge no, MASSIVE amounts of money and is a massive thing in and of itself. That and tons and tons of thought and effort gets put into each game(whether some want to believe it or not).

Leaking pokemon is, and will always be, about as serious as leaking information on pretty much any other game or job.

I know leaking stuff is a big deal, but holy shit. I don't recall anything this dramatic happening in any other prerelease.

Reading /vp/ and Gfaqs opinions on the matter....because I can't help but love drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    I know leaking stuff is a big deal, but holy shit. I don't recall anything this dramatic happening in any other prerelease.
    Supposedly happening.

Well, found this on /vp/ as well. Yes, like probably 99% fake, but rumors are fun.

There will be 755 Pokemon total, the 5 last being event-exclusive
    Professor Sycamore is actually in cahoots with Entiel
    The Clefairy line is now fully Fairy type, Snubbull and Granbull are Fairy/Normal. Mew is Fairy/Psychic.
    The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Water, Fighting, Electric, Dark, Dragon and Normal

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WPM
    I even ventured to think that the source was just not thinking clearly and not realizing that his friend was trying to get some sort of sick attention out of all this.
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

So these 5 names WPM's going to leak today, has he done that yet? Really don't know what to think, but It'll still be interesting to follow.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats