SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 40

Page 40 of 760 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

Yeah, it seems pretty fake to me too. I mean, gaining the normal type when you evolve? Wat.

Sadly, there's no way to confirm whether that girl is making things up herself or if she really spoke to Hiro. I know Expomanga is a real thing, but still. Because if this really is Hiro saying this than it could make or break his credibility.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can see Chespin being Grass/Rock, and even hope for it to be true, but other than that, the rest of the rumour seems fake to me.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yamask will get an evolution.
    Yamask will get another evolution? Seems fake, regardless.

El_
    Blog Entries

-Fairy type is weak to Poison and strong against Dragon.
    I know that its fake from that alone, since Smash really hinted that it was strong against Ice types, not Dragon.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Smash didn't drop any hints about Dragon. Just Ice, Fighting, and Steel.

Dex

Darn, as much as I want fairy to be true, I also think Ice has enough issues to begin with.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

-Lapras won't get any preevolution or evolution, but Rapidash, Donphan and Yamask will get an evolution. Audino will get a Normal type preevolution and will be re-typed Fairy/Normal.
    Smells like BS. Rapidash and Donphan already have BSTs of 500 so it's not like they really need an evo, anything with a higher BST would put them statistically on par with starters -- though on the other hand, we DID get evos for Scyther (with same BST) and Magmar/Electabuzz (with higher BST), three Pokemon that I didn't think needed evos at all. And Yamask already has an evo (Cofagrigus is Defense and Special oriented), unless the plan is to give it a branching evolutionary family.

-Contest conditions now will have a role in battle since there no longer are contests in this game. They will give a boost in "probabilities", for example, he mentioned me that smart will boost the chance of dodge and cool the chance of a critical attack.
    That's interesting, accuracy/evasion/critical rates are few of the things that a Pokemon's stats don't influence. But I don't consider it all that probable considering how Condition stats are not visible in Generation V. (They are apparently still there in the internal data, but there's no Pokeblocks or Poffins to affect them any, so this would give 3rd/4th gen imports an advantage over 5th gen imports.)

-Fennekin first and second evolutions are Fire/Normal. Chespin first and second evolutions are Grass/Rock. Froakie first evolution is Water, second evolution is Water/Dark.
    Yeah, that's just crazy talk. Given Chespin's CoroCoro description (the "hard shell") Grass/Rock might be a possibility, BUT that means Chespin loses its weakness to Fennekin's flames (compare Lileep, whose only weak points are Ice, Fighting, Bug, and Steel) which would put Fennekin on the absolute bottom rung of its trio (weak to Water, weak to Rock) and it would need a secondary type to remain level with its competition. Like the dreaded "F-word" (I refuse to say that word in public. But it's the one that's supereffective against both Rock and Dark), or maybe the "B-word" (the one that's supereffective against both Grass and Dark). The latter of which I especially don't see happening, it's not like we need another Volcarona.

-He thinks that there are more character personalization choices than corocoro have shown. He saw a male trainer with red hair and pink t-shirt and a female trainer with white dress and jeans.[/I]
    That's the only part that actually sounds real. The skin/hair color variations are the only things there'll be for sure (and they are very likely permanent, like your trainer's name and gender are already), but there's no reason to assume there can't be other things you can customize on the fly during the game.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 12th May 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Aaaaaand another 4chan rumor! Also likely fake, but what the hey?

Hello there 4chan, this weekend is celebrated an anime convention called "Expomanga" in Spain and I assisted cosplaying the female trailer for Pokemon X/Y (well, i tried my best, since when I was planning the dress there was no official artwork) and Hiro (the spanish guy that leaked fairy type and BW dex) noticed me. When you all were saying that he is a womanizer, you were not kidding, he started asking me about pokemon and flirting with me. I wasn't paying too much attention until he started talking about the new games and "secrets". He told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about this and if I did, he will deny all, but I don't care since I argued with him by personal motives that doesn't make sense posting here. He don't like 4chan at all, so I'm obviously posting here.
    He didn't tell me too much, but there it is:
    -He don't know when Corocoro or the japanese tv show will reveal things, but he does know the entire pokedex and other details
    -Lapras (my favorite pokemon) won't get any preevolution or evolution, but Rapidash, Donphan and Yamask will get an evolution. Audino will get a Normal type preevolution and will be re-typed Fairy/Normal.
    -Contest conditions now will have a role in battle since there no longer are contests in this game. They will give a boost in "probabilities", for example, he mentioned me that smart will boost the chance of dodge and cool the chance of a critical attack.
    -Fennekin first and second evolutions are Fire/Normal. Chespin first and second evolutions are Grass/Rock. Froakie first evolution is Water, second evolution is Water/Dark.
    -He stated that Fairy type pokemon don't have to look pink and girly.
    -Mewtwo new form is Fairy type.
    -Fairy type is weak to Poison and strong against Dragon.
    -He thinks that there are more character personalization choices than corocoro have shown. He saw a male trainer with red hair and pink t-shirt and a female trainer with white dress and jeans.
    almost all of this seems 100% fake.

also, everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that what they said about sylveon means it has to be a new type. well has anyone considered it might just mean they are fixing up the type chart? they have done it before

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess this could be explained as WPM simply not knowing what the New Mewtwo Form looked like and thinking it was a fake but...

If he knew about the New Forme since February as he claims I believe, why did he bash Serebii for believing it and not mention how he had a source claiming it as well?

Nyx

According to Pokebeach's source the English names of the 4 new Pokemon are:

The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It's a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
    The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously "punch 'em," with the "punch" starting out as "pan" because it's a panda.
    The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
    The "lizard," Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
    I'm glad he posted that, cause we'll know the legitimacy of the other information he posted very soon.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    According to Pokebeach's source the English names of the 4 new Pokemon are:

The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It's a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
    The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously "punch 'em," with the "punch" starting out as "pan" because it's a panda.
    The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
    The "lizard," Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
    I'm glad he posted that, cause we'll know the legitimacy of the other information he posted very soon.
    If Gogoat is the real name, then why didn't he use that as his "proof" for the source being legit, instead of that electric type move Elikiteru knows? Probably because it's all fake.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nevermind, WPM clarified.

He received the names just today...in fact, according to him on /vp/ (and he confirmed it was him by editing Pokebeach), the dude has been giving him new info after every reveal. Like, he found out the "two new Mewtwo Formes" after the first was revealed which, well, seems like the dude's leading him on.

So, really, the only thing going for him is "Electric HP-draining attack!" which, imo, isn't that unusual...I mean, electricity is energy, it makes sense to have it restore health for certain Pokemon.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Nevermind, WPM clarified.

He received the names just today...in fact, according to him on /vp/ (and he confirmed it was him by editing Pokebeach), the dude has been giving him new info after every reveal. Like, he found out the "two new Mewtwo Formes" after the first was revealed which, well, seems like the dude's leading him on.

So, really, the only thing going for him is "Electric HP-draining attack!" which, imo, isn't that unusual...I mean, electricity is energy, it makes sense to have it restore health for certain Pokemon.
    Yes,like the ability Volt Asorb.

I HATE MYSELF!

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Well we should know by tomorrow when the international site updates with the information from Corocoro. I personally don't see the point everyone fussing over this when it's only around twelve hours until we'll know whether the source is lying or not. Might aswell just wait it out.
    Akromatic and UnovaCastaway like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Well I believe that with some minor hints of what NOT Types Sylveon will be it's likely it'll be a New Type. I believe we might have to wait a while to get the English names for the 4 new Pokemon we learned about this past weekend.

LinkBacks (?)