SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 4

Page 4 of 760 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real Thread"

Yeah, if the source if 4chan, you can dismiss it as fake right away.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I just realized the list has like 6 unique fire combos. That should indeed be enough.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's because they're all close together, but I remember seeing a list of new type combos in previous Gens, and iirc Gen V had just as many new type combinations as this one claims to have. In fact the amount is pretty average for each Generation.

Gen II= 13 (and I left off Dark and Steel, to be fair since they were new types)
    Water/Electric
    Psychic/Flying
    Rock
    Ghost
    Grass/Flying
    Water/Ground
    Normal/Psychic
    Ground/Flying
    Bug/Rock
    Bug/Fighting
    Fire/Rock
    Ice/Ground
    Water/Dragon

Gen III= 20
    Fire/Fighting
    Water/Grass
    Grass/Dark
    Bug/Water
    Bug/Ground
    Grass/Fighting
    Ice
    Bug/Ghost
    Dark/Ghost
    Steel/Rock
    Fighting/Psychic
    Water/Dark
    Fire/Ground
    Ground/Dragon
    Rock/Psychic
    Ground/Psychic
    Rock/Grass
    Steel/Psychic
    Dragon/Psychic
    Steel/Psychic

Gen IV= 13 (more if you count the Rotom Forms where Fire/Electric, Grass/Electric, and Ice/Electric became New in Gen V)
    Grass/Ground
    Water/Steel
    Normal/Water
    Ghost/Flying
    Poison/Dark
    Fighting/Steel
    Poison/Fighting
    Grass/Ice
    Ice/Ghost
    Electric/Ghost
    Steel/Dragon
    Fire/Steel
    Ghost/Dragon

Gen V = 18
    Psychic/Fire
    Dark/Fighting
    Normal/Grass
    Water/Ghost
    Bug/Electric
    Grass/Steel
    Ghost/Fire
    Ground/Electric
    Ground/Ghost
    Dark/Steel
    Dark/Dragon
    Bug/Fire
    Rock/Fighting
    Dragon/Fire
    Dragon/Electric
    Dragon/Ice
    Normal/Fighting
    Flying

Gen VI = 17
    Poison/Rock
    Flying/Fighting
    Bug/Dark
    Ghost/Steel
    Rock/Ice
    Poison/Steel
    Bug/Ice
    Ice'Steel
    Water/Fire
    Grass/Dragon
    Bug/Dragon
    Ground/Fighting
    Grass/Fire
    Fire/Ice
    Dragon/Fighting
    Ghost/Psychic
    Dark/Electric

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Looking at the list, 90% of these are too ridiculous to be believed, just by looking at their names alone. Then again, this was originally posted on 4chan, in which there is a 95% chance of it being a fake, with the remaining 5% being of what they guess that turns out to be real, but is purely by coincidence.

I can see Fennekin being a Fire/Psychic, but Chespin as a Grass/Flying, given what animal it's supposedly based on, is just odd, because I actually see Chespin being Grass/Ground or Grass/Fighting more likely.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 4th March 2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im gonna say Mr XY's rumors are fake because
    1. It's on 4chan
    2. Its too unbelievable for me with all those type combos and names.
    Robo-Floatzel and Silverwynde like this.

I don't know what to think about the rumors by mrXY. i mean I could go and say all that stuff, you just need good imagination.

Although I must say I liked some of his new poke predicments. Like the card symbol quartet. And some other pseudo legendaries.

But chespin being part flying I don't know that is a huge change but I couldn't see Tepig going fighting so nothing should be a surprise. And look at his name Che-SPIN. he could develop some propellers or stuff.

Follow SteamKnight On Twitter

I had posted this comment originally on Vdex, but I thought it was relevant for here. For context purposes, benjpalmer noticed how there's a "Toilelite" listed, and wrote that it could contain the words "Toilet Elite." My username on Vdex is Tanoshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoshi
    It got silly for me when I saw "Melboing" and "Sydknee." I don't think Game Freak's ever named a Pokemon after a city or town before, so why would they start now?

And the Toilelite thingie wouldn't go over well with the general public. What's it supposed to look like, a porcelain throne with teeth and toilet paper hanging off its lid?
    I can't imagine how it'd get around, either, unless it were like the Treasure Chest mimic from Dungeons and Dragons...

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

The names don't strike me as reason to believe this is fake. In fact, I think the names are very similar to the past naming style - there's a mix of good names and not-so-good names just like every generation we've had so far.

The reason I personally think it's fake is because a leak this big is just not happening 8 months before the games release. If this was two-three weeks before the game's release, similar to how Pokexperto leaked all the Pokemon before BW's release, then I would be less skeptical and actually think there was some small chance that maybe it's legitimate. But this is just way too extreme way too early. I'm all for it being legitimate, however; for once I actually like the majority of ideas the faker has created.

Blog Entries

No way is that real.

Snowmanitan Ice/Fire I take is supposed to be a Darmanitan evolution.

Houndoomed. Garbarge. Not a chance...

Blog Entries

I also won't stand for a Heracross prevo. Game Freak is going to have to nail its design if it's to ever happen, otherwise no thanks.

That being said, Zeb has said it best. It's not the names, but the shear mass amount of information and the specifics so early that make it unbelievable. If it's correct information then so be it, good for Mr. XY, but I'm not about to buy into it.

eople might be up in arms lately after the "Mr. XY" Leak, but I bring information that will appear in the latest CoroCoro. It is quite a big issue this time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    *Movie News.

The Movie News focuses mainly on Mewtwo, with a sidebar detailing its various appearances, including the original film, Mewtwo Returns, its role in Red and Blue, Pokemon Stadium, and even Smash Brothers Melee. Mewtwo is said to have amnesia within the film, and doesn't remember who Ash is, and considers him an enemy alongside the rest of humanity. Mewtwo engages in a fight with the Red Genesect in order to "free it" from its prison, as it senses its pain from being transformed into a weapon. Mewtwo is said to have obtained a new power, but it is not stated what.

The city within the film is called Neodoll City, and is a high-tech utopia where brilliant minds are said to gather. Ash and Co. travel there in order to attend a conference that Professor Oak invited them to focusing on the bonds between human and Pokemon.

*Sylveon gets a section focused on it, revealing Species and Type.

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn't stated exactly, but it evolves through its "bonds" with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

The Mini-Movie takes place within a park and a group of Eeveelution Sisters. Pikachu and friends help a young Eevee woo the Sylveon sister, while Oshawott and Meowth engage in a "love battle" in order to win over her as well. The Mini-Movie is said to take place directly before the main film in a city park, and Sylveon and the Eeveelutions will apparently cameo within the main film to aid in the big battle.

*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
    Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
    Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
    Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
    Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, "cow-puller", apparently from "kengyuusei", the "Puller of Cow Star". 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a "cowbell" charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, "Coal", same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black "train tracks" lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two "smoke stack" horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, "quick-tempered". Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it's got meaner looking (><) eyes as they're narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It's slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it's able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

*Anime News about next saga.

Feature on Sableye, who will be appearing in an upcoming episode. Sableye is apparently a "genius" intellect Pokemon who has been stealing books from the Nacrene Museum in order to read them, causing the Museum to shut down. While attempting to capture it, Sableye nabs Ash's PokeDex...

There will be an upcoming arc focused on the Nature Sanctuary, in which Virgil returns in order to protect a Shiny Haxorus from Team Rocket. A "heroic" Nuzleaf also plays a role, apparently teaming up with Cilan who has become a "Kamen Sommelier!".

That is all.
    I found this particular rumor on Pokejungle, the person's name was denku.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw that on /vp/ first, I think the dude on PJ just copied and pasted it.

The first thing I noticed was "Red and Blue", but the dude on /vp/ stated he was simply using English names for ease, and the picture was of the Japanese Blue Mewtwo sprite, which seems like a decent excuse. He did use Melee after all.

Second thing, the Mini Movie on Dogasu's site is described as:

Lots of cute pokemon, starting with Pikachu, have come to the "Eevee House" to play with Eevee and all of its evolved forms. But a commotion is caused when Nyasu and Sonansu start to stir up trouble!?

This short will feature the debut of Eevee's newest evolution, Ninfia.
    But it could be possible that the Eevee House is within the Pokemon Hills, the large park Kunihiko Yuyama mentioned would be in the New York (Neodoll?) inspired area, as the background on the new poster does look like a park area. So it's not exactly a contradiction.

The biggest problem is that seems a LOT for CoroCoro, the New Pokemon pushing it over the edge. That being said, they're clever ideas...Tauros is connected to the constellation, and its pre-evolution is a reference to the Altair Star in the Tanabata myth, Torkoal becomes a coal-powered train, and Wobbuffet's counterpart's name means "I'll quit!", and it's based off a tsukkomi, who often end a manzai routine with "Yamesashite moraimasu wa!", "let's quit!".
    Velvet likes this.

@Quattro ~ Bajeena; I'm going to be stupid asking this but what is /vp/? Wouldn't be surprised. As for your thoughts; hmmm....I'm not so sure while it is very unlikely and nearly strange to receive this much information (especially this year); and I hold my doubts about it to be honest, never the less they are interesting ideas that much I'm willing to agree with. Well know for sure come next monday or whenever the scan leaks.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

That ones at least a believable fake, using some name puns that make sense, a movie locale which would go along with the given info already, and we're pretty close to CoroCoro. And hell, flying Sylveon is at least better then normal. It bases the starters though far too closely to what the fandom thinks about the design aspects of the Pokemon...
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Yeah, the rumours we've gotten lately have all kind of been taken directly from popular fan speculations and satisfying fan wishes (like giving certain Pokemon evolutions and other pre-evolutions). It's not like I'm against these ideas (I personally really want to see a Farfetch'd evolution someday, for example) but for rumours to be a little more believable I think they'd have to throw some things around a bit.

Though maybe that's already too late, considering how they have presumably leaked pretty much the entire dex already, haha.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Page 4 of 760 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)