SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 39
Page 39 of 760 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

In regards to Fairy-type's supposed weaknesses and resistances, when Pokémon Smash did their skit last night, did things match up with what WPM's "source" claims it to be? Personally, I find the Fairy-type's supposed type effectiveness to be too good to be true. Giving Poison and Steel the physical punch they deserve, being immune to dragon and super effective against Dragon and Fighting (and Dark, but who cares about Dark?) is too good to be true as it pretty much fixes all of the problems with the type chart all by itself.

In regards to the name Patrice, I've been digging around for the name origin and so far I've been able to dig up:
    Patrice -> Variant of Patricia -> Feminine form of Patricius (Patrick) -> Patrick derived from the Latin "Patricius" meaning "Nobleman". Most commonly known as being the name of St. Patrick, Ireland's patron saint.
    I haven't found anything that links the name to any kind of tree or plant (but if anyone can find a link, then please correct me on this).

In regards to the Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark rumoured type circle, in all honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. It could easily be GameFreak taking note of fans wanting a Fighting-Psychic-Dark triangle, but misinterpreting it and making it go the other way (when in fact a lot of people would probably prefer it to be Grass/Dark -> Fire/Psychic -> Water/Fighting to create a reverse triangle, like Gen IV's starters).

Then there's the issue of Mewtwo's forme. Other users here have quite rightly pointed out that if Mewtwo was receiving two formes, wouldn't they be featured in the movie together, or even revealed together? It doesn't add up.

At the moment, I'm calling it fake. Hell, I managed to get a fake rumour I made published on some Zelda fansites and it included things like the story for the next Zelda game being inspired by 50 Shades of Grey (Seriously 9.9). For the moment, I'd say to wait until something more substantial than a single attack comes out to confirm or contradict it.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th May 2013 at 06:16 AM.

One of the problems I have with the rumour in terms of the new type is that it's rather asymmetrical. I mean, the immune to Dragon/SE to Dragon is relatively so, but otherwise...

Poison and Steel are SE against it. Fire and Psychic resist it. Why is there no overlap here? No type is SE against it while also resisting it. I think that's rather uncommon in the type chart(I think it only applies to Dragon, where Ice is SE and Steel resists).

Additionally, it's SE against Dark and Fighting, but doesn't resist either of these types.

The type chart generally has more symmetry than this, I think. If it's all asymmetrical, it becomes more difficult to remember.

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

According to Pokémon Smash, Sylveon's type is:
    - Weak to Fighting
    - Not immune to Poison
    - Super effective against Ice

No existing type matches up, but it does go against WPM's "source".

Pokemon Genetic Scientist Alex_Leonardo's Avatar

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    serebii.net is a pretty good source, too.
    Here's one:
    "Some new details have popped up online in regards to the trainers in the upcoming Nintendo 3DS exclusive video games, “Pokemon X” and “Pokemon Y.” According to a report by Leviathyn on Feb. 22, the male and female main characters will be called Jean and Jane. The names can’t be customized. Moreover, the trainer is displayed on the bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS and will be giving commands using a “speech bubble interface” during battles. Finally, a new leveling system for the trainers will change how they will interact with non-playable characters, the success of capturing a Pokemon in addition to the encounter rate with rare creatures."
    -examiner.com
    I think this is fake, because of the line bolded above. This would be pretty realistic if for not that one line. Pokemon would NEVER do that. The rest, well, it's pretty unrealistic, but not as much as the bolded line.
    Just making sure.
    Yeah, Pokemon would never go back to the names can't be customized.
    I am a Porygon fanatic. I also live in a Laboratory, on a remote island, (New island) where all I eat and drink is: Donut Crumbs, Pokemon food scraps, Magikarp, Coffee Dust, Poorly filtered sewage, and the occasional useless Pokemon that (CLASSIFIED) has too many of. (Mostly Bidoof) I'm here with several other scientists, but we aren't allowed to talk. We each have a personal warden.The metal doors to our laboratories never open. Sometimes we are transported to (CLASSIFIED) facilities. HELP ME!

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Pretty sure this is fake (likely another Mr. XY wannabe) but I'm posting it here for future reference (from 4chan)

The Male Player Character is named Aaron

The Female Character is Gillian

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Mawile families are being retconned to Fairy. Mawile being Steel/Fairy. Sylveon is Fairy but I didnt think anyone had doubts.

There are 16 new evolutions to past gen Pokemon. Sylveon not included.

Chansey line is still Normal

Gogoat isnt the only Pokemon you can ride on. This applies to most quadripeds (ie: Ponyta, Tauros)

HMs are being cut out of the game. They are now default actions for Pokemon. Birds can fly as well as fish can swim. The HMs still exist as TMs 93-100

Dont ask how I know. Im under NDAs and browsing the web from home. Take this how you will.

They also go on to post this

The projects are split across many groups. All I know is Mawile has an evolution. Looks like Froslass but darker. She holds her earjaw in both hands like a ponytail.

One thing I notice is when he said HM's are cut out is that he said "Birds can fly as well as fish can swim" as if there was an HM for swimming? I reckon it is a fake but he could be a good guesser.

Quote Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
    One thing I notice is when he said HM's are cut out is that he said "Birds can fly as well as fish can swim" as if there was an HM for swimming? I reckon it is a fake but he could be a good guesser.
    I imagine the person meant "Surf" as it's fairly similar to the Pokémon swimming.

That said, I don't really think it's true, but I don't have any particular reason other than this sort of leak being unlikely.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another problem is WPM's source is a tester from Digipen, an American school, which is odd since Nintendo's usually in-house when it comes to that.

Togepi a Fairy type? I'm less and less convinced about this "leak". Not to count that I think Mawile would better be a Steel/Ghost, rather than a Steel/Fairy. About the Fairy-type, all these effectivenesses confound me. I fear that this new type could be somewhat totally different from Fae. Obviously I hope it isn't.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    - Weak to Fighting
    - Not immune to Poison

Kriffix and bluesun's translations make it simply "not fighting type" because Sylveon Nakagawa was "too weak" to defeat her opponent in a fight not that Sylveon was weak against Fighting.

Second, multiple translations hint that Sylveon may not only be affected by Poison, but is weak to it, so I don't know why we're emphasizing that she's weak to Fighting when that wasn't strongly hinted at, while not hinting she's weak against Poison.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    - Weak to Fighting
    - Not immune to Poison

Couldn't Sylveon be a dual-typed Pokémon?

The only combination I can think based on that post is Normal/Rock, but I don't know what attack it used, if any, to prove that is strong against Ice. Even if it did use an attack, maybe it wasn't an attack of its type? Based on what I read in this thread, it seems like Sylveon was in some sort of showcase in which it battled other Pokémon.

Actually, even pure Rock matches that...

Blog Entries

Couldn't Sylveon be a dual-typed Pokémon?
    Being that it's an Eeveelution, I wouldn't think so.

Blog Entries

- Weak to Fighting
    - Not immune to Poison

rock not immune to poison super effective against ice and weak to fighting

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Aaaaaand another 4chan rumor! Also likely fake, but what the hey?

Hello there 4chan, this weekend is celebrated an anime convention called "Expomanga" in Spain and I assisted cosplaying the female trailer for Pokemon X/Y (well, i tried my best, since when I was planning the dress there was no official artwork) and Hiro (the spanish guy that leaked fairy type and BW dex) noticed me. When you all were saying that he is a womanizer, you were not kidding, he started asking me about pokemon and flirting with me. I wasn't paying too much attention until he started talking about the new games and "secrets". He told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about this and if I did, he will deny all, but I don't care since I argued with him by personal motives that doesn't make sense posting here. He don't like 4chan at all, so I'm obviously posting here.
    He didn't tell me too much, but there it is:
    -He don't know when Corocoro or the japanese tv show will reveal things, but he does know the entire pokedex and other details
    -Lapras (my favorite pokemon) won't get any preevolution or evolution, but Rapidash, Donphan and Yamask will get an evolution. Audino will get a Normal type preevolution and will be re-typed Fairy/Normal.
    -Contest conditions now will have a role in battle since there no longer are contests in this game. They will give a boost in "probabilities", for example, he mentioned me that smart will boost the chance of dodge and cool the chance of a critical attack.
    -Fennekin first and second evolutions are Fire/Normal. Chespin first and second evolutions are Grass/Rock. Froakie first evolution is Water, second evolution is Water/Dark.
    -He stated that Fairy type pokemon don't have to look pink and girly.
    -Mewtwo new form is Fairy type.
    -Fairy type is weak to Poison and strong against Dragon.
    -He thinks that there are more character personalization choices than corocoro have shown. He saw a male trainer with red hair and pink t-shirt and a female trainer with white dress and jeans.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I can't see Mewtwo's new form being anything other than Psychic and I highly doubt that Fennekin is going to become a Fire/Normal type. Chespin doesn't seem too likely to evolve into a Grass/Rock type either, so that's sounds pretty fake to me.